1x3x55

1x3x65

1x2x70

BOR:

1x15x65

1x12x75

1x10x75

One Arm DB Press:

I can't really remember, but I used 25 lb dumbells and didn't really have any notable improvement here.

Assisted Pull-Ups & Chin-Ups

Deadlift Day

Deadlift:

1x3x145

1x3x165

1x5x185

Look out, Medman, I'm coming for you!

Good Morning:

1x15x105

4x12x115

Farmer's Walks with 50 lb dumbells

Plate Pinches with two 5 lb plates in each hand

Hanging Leg Raises:

2x8

1x6

Bench Press Day

Bench Press:

1x3x75

1x3x90

1x3x100

Hit my target! I didn't go above and beyond, but hitting my target seems to be the best I can expect for upper body movements, so I'm satisfied...for now.

J & Press:

1x8x65

2x6x65

DB Press:

1x15x25 lb dumbbells

2x12x30 lb dumbbells

Ok, so I don't know how you spell dumbbells. Or is it dumbells?

Dips:

1x10

1x7

1x6

Push-Ups:

1x10

1x8

1x6

I've been seeing a chiropractor for the last month or so, and my progress exam is tomorrow. They'll let me know if I need to keep coming in three times a week or if we can slow the frequency of adjustments. I've been having so much trouble keeping up with everything since the adjustments take up some of my time during the day, then I go back to work and have to make up my time, and then it's later by the time I get off work and head to the gym. I'm thinking I might slow my strength training sessions for a while, just go in three times a week and see how that goes. That way I'll have more days open for cardio, which I'm really wishing I had more time for these days.

Yay on the 100 bench press!

Best of luck with readjusting your schedule. If you are wanting to do more cardio then I say do it!

Thanks!

I really miss cardio. Well, I do some, I just don't feel like it's enough. I've been having fun with HIIT lately, but I almost never have time in my schedule to do a nice, relaxing distance run. Also, I figured out that for the last several years I've had the bad habit of snoozing in front of the TV almost immediately after eating supper. From now on, I'm going to try to putter around my apartment in the evening instead, just so I have some time to digest before I sleep. I'm kind of running out of ideas of where my belly came from, so I'm going to try a few changes. I suppose I could just admit that being a fat powerlifter is my destiny and embrace the belly, but I'm not quite ready to do that yet!

Went back for my progress exam at the chiropractor, and although my back's not perfect, it has definitely improved since I've been going in. I'm still in pain, but I can tell my range of motion is better, so that's good. I'm going to go in twice a week for the next month, have another progress exam, and then hopefully be able to go in less often.

Squat Day

Squats:

1x3x125

1x3x140

1x3x160

Box Squats:

3x12x115

Lunges with 25 lb plate

Leg Press:

3x15x280

Leg Curl:

3x15x65

Planks with shorter rest periods

Deadlift Day

Deadlift:

1x5x155

1x3x175

1x3x195

Good Morning:

1x12x115

4x12x120

Farmer's Walks with 50 lb dumbbells and Plate Pinches

Hanging Leg Raises:

1x10xBW

2x8xBW

Planks

Bench Press Day

Bench:

1x5x85

1x3x95

1x1x105

J & Press:

2x8x65

1x7x65

Dips:

1x12xBW

1x9xBW

1x6xBW

Push-Ups:

1x10

1x9

1x8

Ok, I need to start doing stuff that real powerlifters do. I'm going to do negatives, and start using chains and bands. Maybe even some board presses. Obviously what I'm doing is not working. It's also kind of hard for me to get around to preparing enough food so I can really stuff my face every day, too, but I'm going to try to do better on that during the next four week phase.

Oh well, tonight is Squat Day, which always cheers me up.

Thank you!

Squat Day

Squats:

1x5x135

1x3x150

1x3x165

Box Squats:

3x12x115

Lunges with 25 lb plate overhead (might move up in the next four week phase)

Leg Press:

3x15x280 (This was super hard today, but then, I don't know why I'm doing so many reps for this.)

Leg Curl:

3x15x65

So I guess I'll do an update. My Deload Week is kind of boring to report on, as you do about 40, 50, and 60% of your 1RM for each compound lift, and then basically whatever else you want...Usually I do that and then I do all my assistance work with lighter weight as well, and spend the same amount of time at the gym.

Since I have felt like cardio is lacking in my life lately, I decided to do Deload Week a little differently. Hopefully this won't negatively affect my strength gains, but we'll see. I decided to just do the compound lift light, and then do some cardio all week long.

So far this week, I've had time for several days of HIIT. When I go outside I do about ten minutes of 30 second sprints with 30 seconds of jogging in between. Once in the gym I did sprints on the stationary bike. I did minute sprints with a minute of slower cycling for twenty minutes. One day I did a 30 minute run on the treadmill. I skipped yesterday and today and tomorrow will be the last days of my Deload Week. I'll do a light bench workout and then whatever cardio I'm in the mood for tonight. Tomorrow I'll squat light and do some cardio afterwards, and then in a day or two I'll start a new cycle, lifting heavy again.

Deadlift Day

Deadlifts:

1x5x145

1x5x165

1x6x185

Good Mornings:

1x15x105

4x12x115

Farmer's Walks with 45 lb plates...They have wide handles, so I thought they'd work. I was in the "Power Room" at my gym, which does not have dumbbells, so I figured I'd try to do my entire deadlift training session in that room. I like it because it's usually deserted.

Plate Pinches with 5lb plates

Hanging Leg Raises: 3x10

I decided I didn't want to use chalk and for some reason the bar really chewed up my hands. Also, the pull-up bar was not smooth, it was the same pattern as a standard 45 lb bar, so it left some definite criss cross indentations on my hands. I better get some "Power callouses" from this session...

Bench Press Day

Bench:

1x5x75

1x5x85

1x3x95

Bench with bands that may have been stretched a little too tight:

3x4x65

DB Press:

1x12x30 lb dumbbells

1x10x30 lb dumbbells

1x8x30 lb dumbbells

Dips:

1x10xBW

1x8xBW

1x6xBW

Push-Ups:

1x10

1x8

1x6

Wished I had a buddy there to help me do negatives...

What I like about this log is that everytime I look in there is some quality training going on. Solid !

Why did you decide against chalk? I tried it for the first time the other day and am in looooooove!

Good question, how can one not like chalk?

You know, I actually thought about doing what you done for deload week, concentrate on cardio but I didn't go for it. It'll come in handy in future if I want to cut weight though =]

Reading your log just reminded me that I forgot to train grip last week -_-

What I like about this log is that everytime I look in there is some quality training going on. Solid !

Why did you decide against chalk? I tried it for the first time the other day and am in looooooove!

Good question, how can one not like chalk?

I love chalk too, but I think training grip without chalk sometimes is good. My theory is that if I just use chalk for like, three rep sets or less, or maybe even just for one rep maxes, I won't have pansy hands. I don't know, I'm no expert.

Thanks for liking the quality of my training, Bronco! I'm hoping for some good advice on training my bench. That's the only lift that I feel like I'm not progressing in anymore. It's way too early to plateau so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I just tried using bands the other day, so we'll see how that goes. If you have any other advice, I'm all ears.

It might be a few days before I update my log. I had food poisoning, but I think at this point it's, um, out of my system. However, I may need a full day of stuffing myself before I will want to attempt a squat day. I haven't been able to eat much for like, two days.

Oh no! Food poisoning sucks!! Though it's fortunately much less common for vegans. Good idea though, take a day to eat lots and get your strength (not to mention glycogen stores) back to weightlifting levels.

For bench, have you thought about trying dumbbells for a bit to change things up? I also think Ryan once gave the advice of specifically training the part of your range of motion you have trouble with. Are you getting stuck bringing the bar up when it's down at your chest? Or do you get a couple of inches up and then get stuck? If you have a spotter, you can do partial reps of just your range where you usually fail.

That, or because incline bench works your chest pretty equivalently to flat bench, maybe you could switch to inclines for a while and see if that helps you?

I love chalk too, but I think training grip without chalk sometimes is good. My theory is that if I just use chalk for like, three rep sets or less, or maybe even just for one rep maxes, I won't have pansy hands. I don't know, I'm no expert.

I guess it can't hurt, as long as it is not having a negative influence of the deadlifts .

Thanks for liking the quality of my training, Bronco! I'm hoping for some good advice on training my bench. That's the only lift that I feel like I'm not progressing in anymore. It's way too early to plateau so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I just tried using bands the other day, so we'll see how that goes. If you have any other advice, I'm all ears.

Hmm, I'm not sure about the bench. What kind of plan have you been following up until now?

I guess it can't hurt, as long as it is not having a negative influence of the deadlifts .

Hmm, I'm not sure about the bench. What kind of plan have you been following up until now?

My normal routine is as follows: First I do bench, then J & Presses, then dumbbell presses, then dips, then push-ups. That's it. I train bench in the 3-5 rep range, all the rest in about 8-12 rep range.

This weekend was the first time I tried using bands. So on Sunday I did bench for 5 rep sets, then lightened the load and did a few sets of four reps with bands, then dumbbell presses, dips, and push-ups like normal. I've been told negatives help a lot, but I can't always count on having a good spotter.

Oh no! Food poisoning sucks!! Though it's fortunately much less common for vegans. Good idea though, take a day to eat lots and get your strength (not to mention glycogen stores) back to weightlifting levels.

For bench, have you thought about trying dumbbells for a bit to change things up? I also think Ryan once gave the advice of specifically training the part of your range of motion you have trouble with. Are you getting stuck bringing the bar up when it's down at your chest? Or do you get a couple of inches up and then get stuck? If you have a spotter, you can do partial reps of just your range where you usually fail.

That, or because incline bench works your chest pretty equivalently to flat bench, maybe you could switch to inclines for a while and see if that helps you?

I think my sticking point is usually a few inches off my chest. I'll have to do a 1RM day again and try to pay more attention to my sticking point.

I'm feeling a lot better today, and I have all day to snack while I'm sitting at a desk at work, and then I think I'll go ahead and do my squat session after work tonight. It's a 5 rep session, so it should be light enough for me to handle. I think.

Thanks for your kind wishes, everyone. It's my own dumb fault for refusing to just buy a new bottle of lime juice, though. So I marinated a whole bunch of seitan and potatoes with a marinade that included lime juice, and then made a sauce with it too. I had to throw out about four meals worth of food instead of just half a bottle of lime juice. I'm kicking myself for it now.