BB's Log

Well I went for a 30 minute bike ride today. I was kind of wobbly, I'm re-learning how to ride. I have the seat a little lower than it is supposed to be because I wanted the comfort of being able to touch the ground with my toes when I stopped. It definitely does not feel good on the knees! And it makes it very difficult to go up any sort of incline. I raised the seat some before I left and a little more when I got back. Next bike ride, I should be up to where its supposed to be. I've been watching other people when they stop at red lights to re-learn how to do this.

I still need to buy a helmet. Does anyone have any suggestions?

On Wednesday I went to a power-sculpt class at my work's mini gym. It really kicked my butt and my leg muscles are so sore that it kind of hurts to walk down stairs. Does anyone know a good way to decrease recovery time for muscle soreness? I don't know much about sports nutrition or even if there is a way. I did stretch, but perhaps not long enough?

I ordered P90x on ebay, but got a message that the auction was closed due to some violation by the seller. Not sure what's up with that. I might have to get a refund if I don't hear from the seller in the next couple of days. I'll definitely try to get the set again!

I have not really been dieting, so I will start to incorporate more and more vegetables and water. On the bright side, I got a shipment of vegan DHA + EPA in the mail yesterday! Most vegan algal based omega-3 supplements have only DHA, but its important to get both.

• 2 months later...

I've started a new eating plan where I count servings of protein, fruit, veg, etc. I got the basic setup from P90x. Its great, I created a mini checklist with boxes and as I go throughout my day, I just x out what I've eaten so far. It prevents me from over eating certain food groups because I'll see that I've gotten enough grains, but not enough vegetable or protein and I'll make my dinner according to what I have left to check off.

I have not started the DVDs yet. I'll probably do it when I get back from Philly next week. However, I did go to the Power Sculpt class today and tomorrow I'm utilizing my free appointment with the personal trainer at the gym.