My Leg improvement in just 3 months!

Thank you Robert! I'm glad I'm getting back in touch here, it is a great community and everyone is so supportive. It's great to work hard to improve your body and at the same time show everyone around you what you can achieve on a vegan diet. I never try to pressure anyone into changing their eating habits more than they are comfortable with, but I have gotten many Gold's Gym members to greatly reduce or eliminate their animal product intake just by setting an example. It's very fulfilling!

Thank you Robert! I'm glad I'm getting back in touch here, it is a great community and everyone is so supportive. It's great to work hard to improve your body and at the same time show everyone around you what you can achieve on a vegan diet. I never try to pressure anyone into changing their eating habits more than they are comfortable with, but I have gotten many Gold's Gym members to greatly reduce or eliminate their animal product intake just by setting an example. It's very fulfilling!

Oh, you train at Gold's Gym? I work out at a Gold's here in Des Moines. When I first went there they said I could have a free session with a trainer (I picked a powerlifting trainer, since that's where my interests lie) and when he asked me about nutrition I told him I had been vegan for seven years. I expected him to be weirded out about it, but he actually was pretty stoked. I guess there's a really good powerlifter who works out there whose wife is vegan and he ends up eating vegan meals about 80% of the time, kind of by default. Apparently, he's one of the top lifters there, so this trainer I was talking to had no doubts I could succeed. And he was right, I'm having no issues whatsoever with gaining strength.

Awesome! I love hearing stories like that. Too often fitness professionals are closed minded about veganism and it's supposed limitations, but you and that other power lifter are yet more examples that athletes can excel on vegan diets. I know I've gotten much stronger since I've been vegan.

Oh, you train at Gold's Gym? I work out at a Gold's here in Des Moines. When I first went there they said I could have a free session with a trainer (I picked a powerlifting trainer, since that's where my interests lie) and when he asked me about nutrition I told him I had been vegan for seven years. I expected him to be weirded out about it, but he actually was pretty stoked. I guess there's a really good powerlifter who works out there whose wife is vegan and he ends up eating vegan meals about 80% of the time, kind of by default. Apparently, he's one of the top lifters there, so this trainer I was talking to had no doubts I could succeed. And he was right, I'm having no issues whatsoever with gaining strength.

You'll probably get better body composition results from the powerlifting trainer, too.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome One thing I Always notice with the difference between those that eat meat and those that are vegan is the fact that vegans never get that "Bloated" look to them

Congrats and going to check out your blog now . Now if i could just find more women with great gains and such vegan...

Michele

Thanks. Yes I also notice the animal protein bloat that most guys have. I think that food takes so much longer to process it just makes everything puff up. As for the vegan women, look no farther than my fiance Marcella. She has a couple great pics on the blog that I'll post here soon.

Holy crap....

I've been lurking here for a week or so and I've been testing out a vegetarian diet for perhaps a month (I feel great by the way and I haven't even eliminated all of the junk yet). I've been toying with the idea of going vegan....and I think this post just convinced me lol. In that second picture you look fake lmao. Fellow Richmond VA resident as of this year as well!

Holy crap....

I've been lurking here for a week or so and I've been testing out a vegetarian diet for perhaps a month (I feel great by the way and I haven't even eliminated all of the junk yet). I've been toying with the idea of going vegan....and I think this post just convinced me lol. In that second picture you look fake lmao. Fellow Richmond VA resident as of this year as well!

Awesome! You'll feel even better as a vegan! Welcome to Richmond! Come stop by Gold's Gym in The Fan sometime, it's a great place to build your body.

Also a note in general: I am getting the final shoot pics one week from yesterday (which will be Tuesday 5/18) and I will be posting my favorites on here for you guys to check out! I'm very excited to see how they all look. I will put the whole batch on my blog in case you all want to see them too