xCx - Oly Weightlifting log

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weightlifting so far has been awesome! There's just something about being able to move big weights up over your head

Amen to that .

The club I'm at is fairly small, maybe 40 members. The thing about the place is that you have to compete in order to train there, which is actually nice, because now I don't have to bother with douchebags curling in the squat rack or people telling me not to squat below parallel

40 members is small in denmark? That's bigger than all clubs in sweden. I no little about danish weightlifting, are there any international level lifters?

How about your, bronco, do you compete?

Yes, I did some comps two years ago and now I have just taken it up again. Comps are great fun .

40 members is small in denmark? That's bigger than all clubs in sweden. I no little about danish weightlifting, are there any international level lifters?

The club recently got fused with a PL club, so that's why we got so many members I'd say we're about 10 active WLers, the rest are PLers. Denmark haven't had any international level lifters for a loooong time, I think the last great lifter we had was Niels Petersen who won 1st in the 1949 European Championships Unlimited class.

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday 25/05-10

Back from vacation

Clean day! Lots of cleans/power cleans, clean pulls mixed with front squats and core work.

My coach is really impressed with my technique and strength Also, he nicknamed me Bomben (The bomb) because apparently I'm explosive as fuck. Needless to say, I'm really proud and more motivated than ever

My coach is really impressed with my technique and strength Also, he nicknamed me Bomben (The bomb) because apparently I'm explosive as fuck. Needless to say, I'm really proud and more motivated than ever

Hey, that is one solid nickname .

Good luck with competing!

Thanks lobsteriffic

Saturday 29/05-10

Clean day!

Power cleans, clean high pulls and regular C&Js. Finished it all off with some front squats and core work.

Gotta get me some straps, cause all these high pulls are ripping the shit out of my hands.

It's cool to see you've taken up Olympic lifting

Are you going to start listing the weights you lift? Or is it just technique work at the moment? Good luck with it all!

It's a combination of adding weight and learning the technique. My coach is of the philosophy, that whirling a stick or bar around isn't going to give you a feel of the lift, so we add weight slowly until flaws start to emerge, and then stay there till it's corrected

Tuesday 01/06-10

Another clean day!

Power cleans

10x3 90kg - 3x3 105kg

Clean high pulls

5x3 100kg - 3x3 115kg

Front squat

5x4 115kg

Decline crunches

5x10

Standing cable crunches

5x10 35kg

Wednesday 02/06-10

Snatch day!

Power snatch

10x3 60kg - 3x3 70kg

Snatch high pulls

5x3 80kg - 3x3 100kg

Back squat

5x3 140kg

Decline crunches

5x10

Standing cable crunches

5x10 35kg

After two days straight with heavy front and back squats I'm beat!

Friday 04/06-10

Clean day!

I'm down from 102,5kg to 97kg, which is good seing as I'm set to compete in the 94kg weight class in november.

Power cleans

10x3 90kg - 3x3 105kg

Clean high pulls

5x3 100kg - 3x3 115kg

Front squat

5x4 120kg

Decline crunches

5x10

Standing cable crunches

5x10 40kg

Tuesday 08/06-10

Snatch day!

Snatch

10x3 50kg - 3x3 60kg

Snatch high pulls

5x3 80kg - 3x3 110kg

Back squat (light)

5x3 110kg

Decline crunches

5x10

Standing cable crunches

5x10 35kg

You know it's been a good workout when your traps are fried and your thumbs are numb

Also, today my coach snatched a 100kg at a 65kg BW while talking on the phone, it was awesome

Thursday 10/06-10

Snatch day!

Snatch

10x3 50kg - 3x3 60kg - 2x1 70kg The first one I missed due to a bad pull, the second I almost got, but missed it before I could stabilize it

Snatch high pulls

6x3 80kg - 3x3 110kg

Overhead squat

5x3 70kg

Decline crunches

5x10

GHRs

5x10 25kg

You can't be snatching very heavy if you only need 1 days rest inbetween Only joking Glad you're enjoying it man!

Haha, true though. The snatch is a ridiculously technical lift, so for the time being I'm going light and getting the kinks sorted out

Tuesday 15/06-10

Snatch day!

Muscle snatch

10x3 40kg - 3x3 60kg

Hang snatch (light for technique)

5x3 50kg

Snatch high pulls

6x3 80kg - 3x3 110kg

Decline crunches

5x10

GHRs

5x10 25kg

Edited by xCx

Wednesday 16/06-10

Clean day!

Power clean and jerk

10x3 70kg - 3x2 90kg - 3x1 100kg

Clean high pulls

5x3 100kg - 3x3 115kg

Front squat

3x3 120kg

Decline crunches

5x10

Standing cable crunches

5x6 50kg

Lifting heavy shit above my head is the most fun I've had for years, haha.