coroho's strength training log

5/12/10

Squats: 97.5kg 3x5

OHPress: 43kg 3x5

Deadlift: 116kg 1x5

Was tired and sore as fuck going in today, so good workout considering. I did bump up my calories, I'm a pound heavier than I was on Monday. Feels a lot better than wondering if I've ate enough all the time. Squats were easier today despite being heavier. Glad I got that press weight cause I didn't deload any more than I was. Was gonna go a little bit lighter on DL but I was feeling good so I went for that.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5/14/10

Squats: 100kg 3x5

Bench Press: 66kg 5,4,4

Hang Cleans: 35kg 5,4,3,3

Gained another pound back, but squats did not get any easier. Actually the second set wasn't too bad. Damn bench press. I think I could've got the last set but I didn't go for it cause I had no spotter. Was gonna do 3x5 on hang cleans, but that was a bit much so I shifted to sets of 3. Think I'll probably increase the weight next time.

5/17/10

BW: 166.2

Squats: 102kg 3x5

OHPress: 44kg 5,4,3

Deadlift: 118kg 1x5

Another brief but intense workout. Squats actually got easier again lol. Deadlift went pretty smooth too. Just gonna have to give that OHP another try.

5/19/10

Squats: 104kg 3x5 PR

Bench Press: 66kg 3x5

Hang Cleans: 40kg 4x3

Today was technically a PR on squats. I've gone heavier, but I didn't get the full 3x5 last time at this weight. Bench press went a lot better this time. Progress is slow there, but I'll take it. Stopped one set short on hang cleans cause my outside fingers started to hurt. I honestly can't tell if I'm fully extending, sadly I need to get someone else to take a look at it again. Not even sure if I could tell if I videod myself, probably worth a try though.

5/21/10

Squats: 106.5kg 3x5 PR

OHPress: 44kg 5,5,4

Deadlift: 120kg 1x4

Same deal as last time for squats. I don't think my last rep was the prettiest, but probably the definition of grinding it out. Close but not quite on OHP. May or may not just bump it up next time. Don't know what was up with deadlift. Even the warmup sets felt heavy.

5/24/10

BW: 165.7

Squats: 109kg 5,2,2

Bench Press: 68kg 3,3,3

Hang Cleans: 40kg 5x3

Chinups: 5,3,4

Man, I thought I was going to get the squats after the first set, but I couldn't get the bar set right on my back again. Felt like my arms were holding up too much of the weight. Bench sucked, I was using a fat bar which might not have helped. Just gonna eat my heart out and come back on Wednesday.

5/26/10

Squats: 109kg 5,4,2

OHPress: 45kg 3x5 PR

Deadlift: 120kg 1x5

Pullups: 3x1,3,2

I lied, I didn't eat as much as I planned on. Got the bar on my back much more solid today though, really only disappointed with the 3rd set. OHP: Woo, feels good to finally get another PR on this. Deadlift went smooth, finally getting back into the 'oh fuck this is heavy' feeling. Couldn't even manage more than one pullup at a time in the first set lol, it's true if you don't use it you lose it.

Wicked numbers! 120 kg is getting into the "Damn, I'm impressed" range. Congrats on the OHP, it's the bane of my existence. Good luck getting the squat, 109 kg is intense.

How long has it been since you did pullups?

Wicked numbers! 120 kg is getting into the "Damn, I'm impressed" range. Congrats on the OHP, it's the bane of my existence. Good luck getting the squat, 109 kg is intense.

How long has it been since you did pullups?

Not that long, about a month. I was just starting to make progress though. I'm hoping I get the squats too, I don't wanna have to deload again. Now that you've posted, maybe I will. Worked last time, haha.

5/28/10

Squats: 109kg 4,3

Bench Press: 68kg 3x5

Hang Cleans: 42.5kg 5x3

Chinups: 6,4,4

Well I ate good these last two days but still missed squats. Honestly I think I would've faired better if I'd just got some espresso beforehand. Low energy starting then I just couldn't force that last set. I think I'm going to add in some ab work per the suggestion of this guy at the gym, because I tend to lean over when the weight gets too heavy. Got bench press though. Used another bar, may have made the difference. Next time will be PR territory. And Chewy, yeah I think that's why I was reluctant to start doing pullups again. Maybe I should switch to doing chinups on DL days.

5/31/10

BW: 166.7

Squats: 97.5kg 3x5

OHPress: 46kg 4,4,3

Deadlift: 122.5kg 1x4

I was gonna go for 109 on squats again if I was feeling up to it, but no, I was not. Wasn't feeling dominant on OHP or deadlift either. I did squeak out 4 reps on deadlift, but my form wasn't the greatest. This trainer guy was watching so I asked him for advice, he explained it in a way that made more sense than my gym buddy (go figure). I'm gonna have to fuck around with that next time, see how it feels. Also, my weight today doesn't show it but I finally moved past 166lbs over the weekend.

6/2/10

Squats: 102kg 5,5,4

Bench Press: 70kg 4,4,3

Hang Cleans: 45kg 4x3

I've been eating consistently. My weight's going up. I get enough sleep. So why doesn't it feel like I'm getting stronger? I'm gonna stick at it a little longer, but if nothing changes I may just have to accept I've plateaued and move on to something else.

6/4/10

Squats: 102kg 3x5

OHPress: 46kg 4,3,2

Deadlift: 120kg 1x5

Chinups: 3x5

So so workout today. Squats were actually really hard, esp. the last couple reps. Press was shitty, my form on the last set messed me up before I was spent. That deadlift advice I got last time actually helped a bit. Happy with chinups, that's the first time I've had an even output across sets.

6/7/10

BW: 168.3

Squats: 104kg 5,5,3+2

Bench Press: 70kg 4,4,4

Hang Cleans: 45kg 5x3

Pullups: 4,3,3

I got off balance on my last set of squats. It threw me off so I reracked it, took a step back for a few breaths, then finished the set. One rep better than last time on bench lol. Why not. Felt a lot stronger during cleans this time than last. Wanna get some feedback then I'm thinking of starting to try them from the floor. I started taking creatine over the weekend. Today will be day 3, but hopefully I start seeing some results from that soon. Would love to be able to squeeze out a couple extra reps on weights I'm struggling with.

@MedMan, Yeah shit's real, those cramps are no joke! I didn't realize how much water you'd actually have to drink, but they do go away once I get properly hydrated.

6/9/10

Squats: 106kg 5,5,4

OHPress: 46kg 5,4,5

Deadlift: 102kg 1x4(or 5)

Damn, missed both squats and OHP by one rep. I think I could've got that one on OHP if my technique would've been on par with the last set, but the squats were just effing hard. Don't know what happened with deadlift, 102kg was a warm up set and I tried both 122.5kg and 110kg but I couldn't lift either. Was originally planning on taking the day off cause I feel like my body's been getting beat up lately, but I ended up getting the day off from work and around noon I got the urge to squat, so I went. I'll see how I feel on Friday.

6/11/10

Squats: 109kg 5,4,3

Bench Press: 70kg 3,3,3

In hindsight I probably should've just skipped the gym. I really didn't have that much time and yeah I don't know what happened on bench. I was going to force myself to do my cleans after but all 6 racks/platforms were full, so I just said fuck it. Thinking about just repeating today on Monday.

6/14/10

BW: 169lbs

Squats: 88.5kg 3x5

Bench Press: 70kg 3x5 PR

Hang Cleans: 45kg 3x3

Pullups: 4,4,3

Took a light day (80%) on squats cause well, that's what intermediates do right plus I wanted to give bench my best shot. Which worked out, I finally finally got this weight. Didn't even give me much trouble really. I didn't do the full 5x3 on hang cleans cause I felt my form wasn't good enough, being honest with myself I think I need to deload a little bit and I might use that opportunity to start pulling from the floor.

6/22/10

BW: 166.7

Squats: 102kg 4,4,2

Bench Press: 66kg 1x5 68kg 1x5 70kg 1x4

Power Cleans: 40kg 5x3

Pullups: 4,4,3

Didn't have time to go to the gym on Friday, then I thought I should shift my schedule so it didn't happen again. I decided I'd cut for a while. Probably not much, a few weeks at most. I haven't really had time to look into it yet but I figure if I can keep lifting the same weights on a deficit I'll be able to add some weight on once I start eating more again. I think I can get back there next time, today I was easing back into it cause of the break and cause I've been eating less. Need to adjust my diet for more protein though.

6/24/10

Squats: 102kg 5,5,4

OHPress: 45kg 5,5,4

Deadlift: 125kg 1x5

Chinups: 3x5

Wow, pretty happy with today. I underate yesterday and was pretty tired going in, looking for any excuse to skip it, but I started putting weight on the bar and it was going up. I failed on the last rep of squats and OHP but I'm ok with that, good improvements over last time and I'll get 'em next time. I matched my deadlift PR I think partly because there was an old man lifting 545lbs next to me then a mid-late 20s guy lifting 675! That was some motivation. By 6pm today I'd eaten all my cals except for one meal I usually have before bed. I'm wondering if I'd be able to condense it all and try out intermittent fasting.