Who takes Vega?

robert

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since being vegan, I've yet to try any protein powders. I purchased some Sunwarrior rice protein powders, however I really really want to try vega. I've heard and read outstanding things about vega products. The only thing that's stopping me is this fear that I may be allergic to hemp...

• 4 weeks later...

for those of you that know all the proteins in vega better than myself, when is the best time to take it? I have a large tub, but want to get the most of it. is it more a slower protein that you would take at night before bed like a casein, or is it a pre or post protein like whey, or a between meals powder more like pure hemp? any help would be great

for those of you that know all the proteins in vega better than myself, when is the best time to take it? I have a large tub, but want to get the most of it. is it more a slower protein that you would take at night before bed like a casein, or is it a pre or post protein like whey, or a between meals powder more like pure hemp? any help would be great

I personally take it in the morning so it gets me through the day. It works out for me and I've definitely noticed a difference! I am NOT a morning person and let me tell you...no more coffee required. I don't feel "buzzed", just at energy levels I should be at. And that's good!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used to live in Bend, and had tried, unsuccessfully, to get Nature's and Devore's to carry Vega. I wish I could have done more.

I live in Portland now, am a full-time student, and just got heavily involved in competitive cycling. (Track and Cyclocross)

I've been into climbing and dancing semi-competitively for a long time, and Portland is a great town for all of this! Especially with all the amazing vegan options for food and clothing and lifestyle! (Food Fight, Held, Herbivore, Organic Athletes, Vegan Bodybuilding, etc.)

I'm heading over to Food Fight right now to buy some Vega Chocolate Powder from Chad and Emiko personally!

Robert, you still supplementing people's purchases?

Let's meet up for lunch sometime, I'd like to pick your brain and get plugged in with the vegan fitness community here in Portland now that I'm a full-time, permanent Portlander again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I had to stop taking Vega due to the intense gas pains and flatulence it was causing. I did bring it up to the Sequel team, and they are quite aware of the issue from their Vegacommunity site. We think it MAY be inulin but there's really no way to know. I had to switch my proteins, and I am upset at that because Vega really has everything in one convenient (well 2) scoops.

Yeah, some people have had those issues for sure, myself included at times.

Something we've been aware of and some of the newer products don't have those issues at all.

We have the Shake & Go Smoothie, the Sport line, bars, etc.

www.myvega.com for more info on updated new products.

Also www.veganessentials.com and www.veganproteins.com are great places to get Vega since both owners are long time members of this forum

-Robert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I must say 2 scoops of Vanilla chai and 1 scoop of Shake N Go Smoothie mix(either vanilla almond or mango) in water is whats up!

Ooh! I never thought to combine those two! I still have some vanilla chai but had it for months on end and got bored. But I never get sick of chocolate.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

The Green Synergy vibrancy bars are my favorite bars in the whole wide world. Seriously, I need an infinite supply of those things. I'm thinking about ordering a couple boxes from Food Fight for this summer when I get shape, grr! ;]

I love the Vega powders too, I've just yet to hop on the smoothie train. I love just chowing down on whole fruit. I'll open up a banana to put it in something and end up eating > half of it before I realize it, haha.

Vega Sport was sooo good, too, when I tried a sample. Watching Robert's trailer of him training in LA that he just put up made me want lots of Vega Sport and nifty Vega water bottle to rep to boot. :]

Umm, in short, I think Vega products are pretty rad.

• 3 months later...

Just joined!! First post.

I've been looking into Vega the past few days and I plan on giving it a try. I love how its plant-based and has so many great benefits. I plan on reading thru this thread and many others. Can't wait to give this a try.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay,

Newbie Vegan Bodybuilder here. What is the difference between Vega Protein Powder & Vega SPORT Protein Powder. I know a large tub of Vega only has 15svgs in it and cost $75 at my local Whole Foods. A tub of Vega SPORT has 30svgs in it and cost $10 less.

Any help is appreciated,

Den