Ninja Journal Version 5.0

Wow... Okay, just got back to the gym. When I first started there, I was shown round by a trainer called John, and he seemed real nice and knew a lot about body building - but he told me that he would only be there a few more weeks which was a bummer because most gym trainers that I come across are total dicks who don't actually care, and are really fake. Was talking to John again today for quite a while - turns out he is vegan as well. How awesome is that? Will keep in contact with him after he leaves, just really surprised.

Workout was good, raising the weight on the lat pull-down and the dumbbell bench press. Once again, full body workout, no rests, and did several breakdowns as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet, just got back from the gym. This new way of working (for me) is working pretty well I think. I had initially wanted to get back to my old way of doing things, split the body up and just keep hitting the gym every day basically. But now I am going about 3 times a week, doing the whole body each time (no rest periods, just super sets), sometimes a day of cardio.

Today I did:

warm up on cross trainer 1 minute

incline dumbbell bench press 28kg (each hand) x 9 - new personal best

upright cable rows 25kg x 12 (x2) - new personal best

dumbbell shoulder press 18kg (each hand) x 10 - new personal best

lat pull down (close grip, palms inward) 70kg x 7 - new personal best

chest press machine 60kg x 10

lat pull down (wide grip, palms outward) 60kg x 6

cable flies 15kg (each hand) x 4, 10kg x 6

tricep cable pull down 15kg x 8

barbell bicep curl 30kg x 8

shoulder raises 10kg x 8

cross trainer 1 minute

crunches 25

Yesterday I did 40 minutes on the rowing machine, which is my personal best (previous had only ever done a few minutes, my fitness level is a lot higher now).

Oof! Okay, bit dizzy, maybe I over-did it at the gym today. beat some more personal bests!

Shoulder dumbbell press 18kg (each hand) x 12 - now I will move up to 20kg next time

upright cable row 27.5kg x 12, then did 30kg x 8

Now, I also did lateral shoulder raises, 12kg x 8. I can't remember what my PB was before that, but I am pretty sure this is also the largest, since I used to lift like 8kg when I used to train.

All numbers are steadily increasing, feels great!

I am loving your consistency. You are looking great, much leaner. Also the track a few posts up ^^^ is great.

Thanks dude! Yeah I am enjoying my new training style, and the fact that the gym is in walking distance helps my consistency. Thanks for listening to the track! I've got quite a few up now if you want to check more out, the whole album will be online in the next couple of weeks.

Right! Back from the gym again. Pretty good workout, some more personal bests again, woop.

upright cable row 30kg x 12. Was surprised how easy it was and I didn't have any notes with me or anything, so I assumed I had already done that by mistakes (though I hadn't, so it was personal best). So then I upped it to 32.5kg, and I got 12 out of that too, so another PB. So then next time I will hit 35 right off and see how that goes.

lateral shoulder raises 12kg x 12. So that means I will be up to 14kg next time.

Incline dumbbell bench press 28kg x 10. Last time it was 9, so that's a new PB.

Also hit the rest of my body as usual, felt good, no other PBs though. More to come ma'fuckaS!!!

Alright, hit the gym once again, and got a little further with those exercises. Strange that my lat pulldown isn't coming along that much, maybe I just don't put enough effort into it.

new PBs:

Upright cable row 35kg x 8

Incline dumbbell bench press 28kg x 11 (struggled, but got there)

lateral shoulder raise 14kg x 6

Hit the rest of my body too, feels good. I am now considering changing my training style to a less power driven scheme, because my main goal is to lose fat, and while I am getting stronger, I wonder if this is the best way to lose the fat. Probably would still do pretty much the same, but lower the weight a little bit so I can get several sets out after I do the first round. Not sure, may think about it

Hah, awesome. Today at work we had to move a pig crush, which is a large heavy metal frame. The other two dudes I was working with had tried to lift it together (it has 2 handles on the front to move it), but they had to keep stopping to rest (even though they were both lifting it). So I picked it up on my own and moved it, and one of them said "No, don't lift it on your own" and I said "why not?" and they said "Because it's so heavy" and I said "I'm built for this son" and moved it as far as it needed to go. That felt like sex!

Didn't go to the gym on Friday like I had planned, because at work I had to move a stack of hay from one barn to another, which took about 2 hours, then during the day we had 3 deliveries of straw which come on a massive trailer and I had to help unload those through the day. So I was wiped out already and my shoulders ached. Hopefully will go today or tomorrow, feeling good!

Been trying once again to beat my all time best for press ups, which is 50. Got to 43 this time, I am not going to let this get away from me again when I am so close. I am also at my strongest now, I know that, but also I am a bit heavier than when I did my 50 press ups years ago, I was about 11 stone back then and I am now 12, so really 43 press ups at that weight is probably harder, but I want the round 50 number back because it sounds sexy as(s) fuck

Yeah!

Just got back from the gym, finally beat my incline dumbbell bench press PB, which is now 28kg x 12. Woohoo! It was hard work, so I don't think I will go straight up to 30kg, I want to feel a bit more confident since I don't want to wobble and drop the things on my sexy face

• 2 weeks later...
We wouldn't notice the damage to your face.

A ninja always wears his mask.

Yeah, that's true, though I think it'd still hurt my face

Managed to do a set of 9 chin ups today, so I am getting back on that - well happy with that number. Hit the gym a couple more times last week, and will be going again tomorrow. May change things up a bit, get a bit more challenge for myself, I don't want to get too comfortable.

Just got back from the gym. I beat my personal best for close grip lat pull down (was 8x70kg, and is now 10x70kg), and I'm keeping track of my PBs in my first post to update. Don't think I beat anything else, but it was a good workout, I feel good now, but very drained. EDIT: Oh, also beat leg press. Not amazing, but I have had knee problems so I don't want to ramp up the weight too much. Still, it felt easier today once I got going.

I am happy with my strength improvements, and I am getting to a point where I am used to training as well as working at the sanctuary. So I think I am going to focus more on diet now, as that is the thing which is holding me up most I think. I eat too much, too big servings, and too much carbs, not enough veg. I want to rectify that, and lose some of the fat that I have, get leaner still.

Rar, I have hit a penis-shaped roadblock as I got a cold on Saturday, and I can't train as a result. I know this disappoints the entire community here, but I swear on my non-existent children that I will get back to training the nanosecond that this plague is drained from my rotting faeces-scented body

On the plus side, El bought me some Tabi boots to complete my ninja costume, in your face

• 2 weeks later...

Alright! I have been back at work for 2 days, and I went to the gym today for the first time in about 2 weeks. Didn't load on the weights too much, but did plenty sets and breakdowns, and was fatigued by the end. Just had my protein shake and will have a bath, I am glad that you are interested in that bit of my story. Good to be back in action, it was so frustrating to have that block due to illness, but I am not going to let it slow me down now, it's hammer time

Went to the gym on Monday, and again today. Getting back to it, and broke two personal bests!? Upright cable row, and leg press... I am catching up again on my other lifts too, should be 100% soon. I refuse to give up and lose momentum because of that cold, bring it on

Went to the gym again today. Beat my leg press PB once again, eat some of it. Rest of the workout wasn't too heavy, but pretty good and I was moving around the place consistently, no breaks. Starting to do seated rows in my workout also. Bring the noises

Didn't feel like going to the gym today - but I went anyway, that's how I roll. Turned out to be a tasty sweat sesh. Once again, new PB on the leg press, now up to 120kg x 12. I am worried about hurting my knees so I don't know if I will attempt more any time soon. It was tough initially lifting the weights off the stack, failed 3 times. But once it was up, it was pretty easy to get 12 considering I had never lifted that much before. Rest of the workout was pretty good, getting back to old weights again from before the cold. Did plenty breakdowns and some high rep stuff at the end of the workout, feel quite pumped and looked quite big in the mirror just now