dietcoke's get rid o' fear log

haha... scratch the raw stuff.

lunch (this was raw!!!): salad

anyhow, I was wondering why we had so few almonds and walnuts yesterday morn. when making my salad. When I got back I found out...

my mom made cookies!!!!!!! VEGAN COOKIES!!!!!! She's NEVER made me cookies before, only bought me stuff. She made chocolate peppermint and chocolate/nut. So...... How can I possibly be raw with COOKIES around.

anyhoo...

snack: three cookies

dinner: 10 oz. cooked spinach, 14 tortilla chips, salsa, 3 T cream of wheat, 1/2 cup raisin bran, 1/2 a 10 oz. bag frozen peas

dessert: three more cookies

total: 1,750 ish. (prolly more--I didn't count how many chips I ate!!!)

Well...I had a reason to eat so much!!!! Once again, no h20 polo, as the team is at ANOTHER tournement that I can't go to.

So:

morning: 2500 yards (100 lengths) I forget what I did here.

afternooon: 4500 yards (180 laps)

This is what I did: (If it makes sense to anyone!!!)

a "5 by 5" set. This is 5 sets, each equalling 500 yards. (20 lengths)

first was 5 x 100's (4 lengths), 10 sec. rest (I was swimming these pretty slow, about the 1:25-1:30)

5 x 100's kick w/ fins. Going down was flutter (freestyle) kick, going back was dolphin (butterfly). 10 sec. rest.

5 x 100's pull. Breathing: 5, 7, 11, 15. (This means the first lenghth was breathing every 5 strokes, second length every 7, third every 11, and fourth every 15)

5 x 100's kick w/ fins. (same as before)

5 x 100's pull. (same as before)

Then I did:

30 x 50's (2 lengths) (divided up as so)

3 x 50 on the 45 (I was finishing on about the 35-37ish, so about 8-10 sec. rest)

3 x 50 on the 50 (finished on the 40, so 10 sec rest)

3 x 50 on the 55 (finished also on the 40, so 15 sec rest)

3 x 50 finishing on 45 seconds (this means trying to stretch my times to 45 sec.) (I was finishing on about the 37--I kept wanting to sprint!!!)

3 x 50 finishing on the 50

3 x 50 finishing on the 55

1 x 50 sprint

Then I repeated the above. I did MUCH better with finishing on the times then before.

After this I did:

4 x 100 alternating sprints (odds-1 and 3-were sprint, evens on the 1:30)

2 x 50's sprints timed (one 50 fly, one 50 free)

plus: 30 min. run

3 mile walk (to and from swim)

and right before bed I did some "back pully" things.

SO total for day:

7000 yards swimming. (280 lengths, 140 laps, about 4 miles.)

3 miles walking

30 min. running

TODAY:

so far: 30 min. jog in place

I was going to walk to the QFC and get a new fruit to try, but there is a HUGE storm going on--they say it's nearly hurricane strength!!! So I'm stuck in the house.

Good eats:

2 T cream of wheat (spilled over)

10 oz. spinach

3 mini-muffins and

1/2 a nana

Story o' the day:

So I decided to play "nice sister" and I took my 10 year old sister to the mall today. First stop: lunch. (for her, I had lunch before--see below at food log) we were in Bellesquare, and there's this one resturant that sells REALLY decent food (really decent for me means something other that salads that is vegan--in this case soup). I suggested to my sister to get some soup or a salad, as she didn't know what was going to "happen" later that day. (works great on kids... they instantly think dessert!)

She gets a turkey sammich. On white bread. No avocado. Yes cheese. I whispered to the "cook" to take off the mayo and butter, and to go lite on the meat/dairy, but, naturally, there was still a lot. *Sigh* Ten is such a hard age. I suggested that she get whole-wheat bread, or pick between the meat or dairy, but she wouldn't listen. And I couldn't force her, as then I would look mean, and I'm not her mom.

Anyhoo... then we went to CAYwT (Corrupt America's Youth with Toys, AKA Build-a-Bear) and after that she said she wanted dessert, as she had gotten a "lite" lunch. It was between Mrs. Fields and 31 flavors. I said 31 Flavors, as she can have cookies anytime, so we went there.

When we got there, I officially told her that she could only get frozen yogurt. One topping with the yogurt or sherbert, and 2 if she got an ice. (like dauquari or watermelon.) I mean, low fat or fat free dairy is better than whole or cream, right?

Finally (as I was walking around with 120 bucks in my pocket) I told her that if she got something animal free (not vegan as I didn't know where the sugar came from) I would pay.

My sister is offically 2 bucks less.

Oh well. I tried.

Anyhoo... I got a bra from Victoria Secret and some "night-night" tea from Teavana. (My fav. place!!!) It's supposed to help with insomnia.

rest of todays good eats:

lunch: 1 cup coleslaw. (This stuff is so so so so good. My grandmother makes it, it's just purple cabbage, dried cranberries, and rasberry vinigrette. mmmm...not only is it tasty, but it comes out purple, my favorite color!!! )

1 cup raisin bran w/ 1/2 cup very vanilla silk

snack: 1 cup iced tea (vanilla bean) from teavana. Now that I think of it, I should've gotten the tea that cost 23 bucks, just to try it. Oh well.

dinner part one: stir fry. (broccoli, carrots, onion, tofu, green beans, mixed veggies from G-d-knows-what, 1 T canola oil, 1/2 teas. sesame oil, 1/2 teas. chilli oil)

dinner part two (after my mom came home): this chinese noodle mix stir-fry thingy my mom's boyfriend makes. I had prolly a 1/4 ish cup. (it's really oily) and 7 tortilla chips. (Yes, tortilla chips go with ANYTHING.)

post-workout snack (around 8 pm): 3/4 cup raisin bran with 1/2 cup v.v. silk

Right now (10 pm) I'm working on a cup of the "night-night" tea.

Excersize: (total for day) 30 min. run in place (by the way, our power is back now!!!), 1 hour running, 3.5 hr. shopping. No weights. My foot hurts.

Sunday:

eats:

breakfast: 3 T cream of wheat w/ cocoa powder

one apple, cut in half, micronuked for 3 minutes, topped with 3/4 cup raisin bran and 1/2 cup soymilk

lunch:

1 nana

2 apples

2 mini-muffins

1/2 a bagel (white ) with 1 T pb

snack: 1 soy latte (tall)

snack: (eaten while watching...no... not the Super Bowl, but AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL!!!)...I am such a girl!

14 tortilla chips

1 cup salsa

dinner: (wasn't really that hungry, I think the fat in the chips fills me up to much!)

salad

1 peace whole-wheat bread

Excersize: 1 hr. running, 45 min. walk, 15 min. sprinting (home from library)

Last night I heard my mom talking to her sister (WHO IS COMING ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!) about me. She was like:

"The doctor put her at 103 pounds, but I don't know how she can be that light with all the food she eats!"

that is my ONE annoyence about being vegan (depsite my brother walking down into our kitchen and saying, "what in the WORLD smells like garlic!" or people pronouncing vegan VAY-GAAN") is how much I have to eat.

All my brother and sister eat is junk food--like they'll have a big bowl of chips and guac. (the kind with geliten and sour cream) for breakfast, a sammich, more chips, and cookies for lunch, more junk for a snack, and then my mom tries to make dinner but they don't touch it, so it's more chips or bagels then. No fruit (ok, fine, my bros makin. a smoothie right now, but it's gonna have ice cream in it) and no veg. So they eat a lot "less" food than me when it comes to volume... (like I could eat an entire FOUR BAGS of frozen peas in place of a serving of chips and some guac.) but when it comes to CALORIES and (especially)fat and sugar, they eat probably twice as much.

For example, yesterday I had about 1,600 calories.

my brother and sister can have that much in junk before lunch. and, of course, I leave a bigger "mess", (as more dishes) than they do.

ANYWAYS... rant is done...

breakfast: 3 T cream of wheat with 1 T cocoa powder (120 cal)

2 minimuffins (100 cal. (50 each))

1/4 bagel pizza (1/4 bagel, 1 T salsa, 1 shroom, toasted) (40 cal.)

4 tortilla chips (40 cal)

1 cup broccoli (25 cal.)

TOTAL: 325 cal.

See, that is a normal breakfast--about the amount of a donut or a bowl of cereal. (a BOWL, not, like, a "serving size" which is teeny)

I didn't lift as weekends. Maybe some tonight, if I'm not to tired.

But...

my cousins are coming!!!! Yay!!! Thank you G-d for inventing bar mitzvahs!!! (my little brother is becoming a MAN. <---(tears of happiness)

I love your log - it's my fix of daily soap/sitcom, only better

snack: (eaten while watching...no... not the Super Bowl, but AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL!!!)...I am such a girl!

Well in this case i qualify as a girl, too...

"The doctor put her at 103 pounds, but I don't know how she can be that light with all the food she eats!"

that is my ONE annoyence about being vegan (depsite my brother walking down into our kitchen and saying, "what in the WORLD smells like garlic!" or people pronouncing vegan VAY-GAAN") is how much I have to eat.

Coke, don't be too concerned about numbers, like your weight. You look healthy (on this one pic), you seem to be full of energy, do a lot of exercise and you eat very healthy.

Everyone wants to lose weight! Most people would be glad to have your "problem" (which is no problem at all). See it the other way: be glad that you can eat that much and still be in great shape and health!

The number of calories is NOT he most important info about your diet - the quality of the foods is!

thanks!!!

I know lots of men who watch ANTM--my dad, for instance, came into the room to get my sister and me, and stayed for an entire episode!

anyhow... I should've been more clear. I really don't care about numbers/weight. (I'm intrested in calories and stuff, but only because I noticed once that I eat can eat 3000 calories in raw veg and fruits (mostly smoothies) during the summer, and not gain a thing, but when I eat 1500 cal. during the winter, same amount of excersize, but with 500 of those cal. coming from pb, I gained. It was just a little science experament.) I also sometimes will add up the cals if I think I'm going too low/too high, just to check. I do this anywhere from every day (during breaks) to once every three months. (summer!)

HOWEVER...I'm extemely self concious, and eating a lot makes me feel like everyones looking at me. Currently I deal with it by wearing my water polo sweatshirts wherever I go. (athletes are supposed to be pigs, right???)

anyhoo:

for lunch I had tomato soup (2 bowls), a peace a ww bread, and 2 smallish muffins

dinner was a four servings brussle spouts (16 sprouts--my sister asked how many sprouts I ate so I counted them one by one by one...), 1/2ish bag of green beans, 2 T cream of wheat, and 2 muffins.

mmmm...muffins....

I just finished some "night-night" tea. I'm gonna crash soon.

;lasdhflkajdhflkajsdhfkjadshadsfh... just joking!!!!! haven't fallen asleep on the keyboard ever!

anyhoo...

excersize:

2.5 hrs. water polo (I stayed to swim with the grommets--14 and unders--warm up)

no weights...again.

I forget yesterday...

TODAY:

breakfast: 2 jam muffins, green beans

lunch: 1 cup grapes, 1/2 pb&j sammich, 1 mint choco cookie

snack: 1/2 a luna bar

dinner: green bean/brussle sprout/salsa mix (dump all those ingrediants in a bowl and microwave for eightish min.), 1 apple

snack: 1 bowl (2ish cups) raisin bran with very vanilla silk (1 cup???)

excersize:

50 min. walking

50 min. running

2 hr. 15 min swimming

TOTAL SWIM: 6000 yards

NEWS OF THE DAY:

My sister ate four green beans. I told her I would alert the media.

Yesterdays eats:

breakfast: 2 jam muffins, 1 cup salsa (eaten out of the jar with a spoon...)

lunch: forgot at home!

snack: salad

snack: handfull potato chips

dinner: penne pasta drenched in olive oil with a 1/4 cup veggies (actually called Roasted Vegetables over Penne...but my title fits it better!)

Wow. What a weird food day!

I ran for an hour yesterday, and walked home (1.5 mile) from school. And did a lot of running around in choir!

TODAY:

breakfast: 2 jam muffins, handfull green beans

lunch: AAAAH!!!! It was in my other backpack!

snack (just ate right now): 1 cup green beans, couple handfulls tortilla chips

gotta go...going to friday servaces for my little bro!!!

yesterday:

1 cup pasta w/ 1 cup tomato sauce (homeade sauce!!!)

salad

tons of broccoli

and...

1/4 CUP PURE CHOCOLATE SPRINKLES!!!! mmmm....sooooo goooood....

TODAY:

breakfast: 2 muffins, 3 T cream of wheat

lunch (at lunchin): 1/4 bagel, a massive plate of fruits, 1 pita pocket and a 1/4ish cup hummus

snack: 1/4 bagel (we got to bring all the bagels home--2 grocery bags full!!!!!!!!!!!)

dinner: 2 plates salad, 1 can tomato juice, 1/2 a popsicle, 10 marishino cherries

snack: (just finished) 1/4 bagel, 1 T jam

excersize:

TONS of situps (gotta look good in my dress!!!)

1 hr. running

2.5 hours vigourus dancing

More about the bar mitzvah later when I am not about to collasp dead on the computer.

GOOD NEWS!!!!

MY FRIEND FROM FRANCE IS COMING TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!! THERE'S A BLIZZARD IN NEW YORK SO MY UNCLE MIGHT HAVE TO STAY LONGER!!!

have been eating like crap today:

meal one: 2 jam muffins, green beans, bite of bagel

meal two: more green beans,1/2 bagel w/ 1 T strawberry jam

meal three: 1/2 cup stawberries, another 1/2 bagel

PROOF that New Yorkers can't drive:

My uncle was snowed out of new york. Chose to go to LA (where my fraternal grandparents, uncle/aunt/3 cousins, and great aunt/uncle live) for dinner (my uncle LOVES spontanious stuff). They (uncle, aunt and newborn cousin) left at 1:15 for a flight that lifted off at 3.

They are coming back now. Got caught speeding ON THE ISLAND. AKA, they were ten minutes away from my house. (I live on Mercer Island.) http://www.vrseattle.com/catmaps/mercer_island.map.gif

Also, something happened w/ their flight.

Tonight my best friend is coming over, so we will watch the Olympics and have a bagel party. (strawberry jam, hummus, bagels, tomatoes, lettuce, and (for her) lox, cream cheese and tuna)

Yay for bagels!!!

WOW. I haven't posted in a looong time!

It is sooo flippin cold out. And sooo dry. I've had a cold this week and THIS ISN'T HELPING.

THERE IS ABSOLUTLY NO POINT IN IT BEING 18F OUT AND NOT SNOWING. THERE IS NO POINT IN IT BEING BELOW 32F AND NOT SNOWING.

I want snow. Really...really...BAD.

Anyways, I'm stuck in the house. It's brilliantly sunny out, and I'm stuck in the house. AAAAHHH!!!

Anyways, the past few days have been just normal--2 hr. water polo, 30 min. run. (however, I stayed an extra 1/2 hour at h20 polo on Thurs.)

We didn't have water polo, THANK G-D, as the subcoach didn't want to coach us.

Why a sub-coach, you ask?

What a wonderful question. Well, the rest of the team IS IN FLORIDA

I swam for 1.5 hours yesterday, and ran for 1. I think I'm gonna step outside and just PROVE to my body/mind that it is COLD COLD COLD. Cuz right now it looks like summer.

Anyhow, today I've eaten:

greenbeans/broccoli/brussle sprouts

3 T cream of wheat

1 muffin w. 1/4 T jam

some tortilla chips w/ salsa

YES that was ALL BREAKFAST.

I WANT SNOW. NOT SUN!!!!

by the way, I leave for New York on Tues. so I won't be posting.