Elephant

SeaSiren wrote:
255g protein
Dang! This post made me up my intake.

Post subject: Re: Denise Nicole (Seasiren) Postpartum
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:23 am 
Elephant

Barb123 wrote:
wow 255g protein!! I am aiming for 100-125 grams and trying to stay between 1200 and 1500 calories.......how do you do it?

I should by stock in PP :D I am aiming for strength and size. Will be going back into comp early 2011.

John V wrote:
SeaSiren wrote:
255g protein
Dang! This post made me up my intake.

:lachmal:

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:42 am 
Elephant

Yesterday was rest. Today:
Squats -4 sets
Extensions -4 sets
Walking Lunges -4 sets
SLDL -4 sets
Lying Leg Curls -4 sets
Seated Calves -3 sets
Standing Calves -3 sets
Crunches -3 sets
Reverse Crunches -3 sets

Have not hit my mark on protein. Yesterday I went to my little one's Doc appt, I did grab a PP shake before leaving, but DID NOT take anything with me (pre-preg I ALWAYS had extra PP on me "just in case"). I had a 2 hr wait to her appt, was in an hour, transferred to ultra sound and in total 5 hrs. What I did not say early as I did not want to jinx us, is that she was born with larger water pockets in the brain and looked like there could have been a bit of a bleed. Ultra Sound 2 shows no bleed but they did a measurement on the pockets with the correct tool (for infants). Yesterday's ultra sound was for a comparison. With a full work up, exam etc, she is completely fine and normal! Even though I knew she was maturing just fine (in fact right on schedule and in the 50% range even though she was 7 weeks early), you have no idea what a relief it is to hear it from the Neurologist :)

SO ... I won't beat myself up, but have made adjustments (protein on me at all times) and am on track today!

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:56 pm 
Manatee

Glad the checkup went okay. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:58 am 
Elephant

Barb123 wrote:
Glad the checkup went okay. :D

I'm estatic!

Today:
Overhead Press -4 sets of 8
Overhead Press Behind Neck - 4 sets of 8
Lat Raises - 4 sets of 8
Upright Row -4 sets of 8
Rear Delts -4 sets
Front Raises - 4 sets of 8
Shrugs -4 sets of 8

On track for protein again today .... getting easier! I feel pretty good already and am dropping weight on the increased cals. I think my body likes it, and I imagine I will settle back into a weight zone soon. On the protein, I love NitroFusion.... it makes me feel really good and has been a fav of mine for some time. BUT .... it tastes horrid! lol

Hoping to get a bit of cardio in later.

Shopping today, My old size 2/3 are not happening (nor do I want them too as I am working on strength and size right now. And my stomach is coming down nicely, so I have 1 shirt, a pair of jeans borrowed from my daughter, 2 wo pants and various tees borrowed from my Fiance .... mostly biker. Needless to say it's quite sad! Not living on the beach anymore, I can't get away with beach and boardwalk wear any longer since I'm over well over the mini skirt age. So will be interesting to see how I fair without coming out with something "too young" which makes me actually look rediculous and older, or the opposite, something my mother's generation is wearing. Trying for country clubbish (is thta really a style) for summer, I have no clue! Where are the what not to wear people when you need them! lol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:23 pm 
Elephant

Quick rundown while I have a sec, between baby, family, sleep, train and client programs :)

Sat -cardio, Sun -weights, Mon -rest
Today:
45 min tread AM
PM -4 sets of 8 each
Squats
Bench Press
Bent Over Rows
Wide Grip Pull-ups
Military Press

Clean eating and on track. Lifts are coming much easier and adding weight .... we have lift off! My body is remembering nicely, now just to get my strength back from where I left off and continue. :)

Katie got Teams! yay! I got a shirt .... yep took about 20 items in and got a (as in one) shirt, lol So still in search of clothing that fits, doesn't make me look old (meaning wearing items too young for me), etc. *sigh*

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:32 pm 
Elephant

Today was 45 min tread. It's so freaking boring!

Grocery shopping again ...... I think I should buy stock in PP, baby spinach, oats & tofu lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:20 pm 
Manatee

i hear ya on the spinach especially!!! love it :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:05 am 
Mastodon

Glad to see you back at it, beautiful baby too! I find it really admirable how much you have on your plate, yet you make no excuses and just take care of business. :)

335 Squat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:16 am 
Stegosaurus

Zack wrote:
Glad to see you back at it, beautiful baby too! I find it really admirable how much you have on your plate, yet you make no excuses and just take care of business. :)

I totally agree - you are very inspirational!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:52 pm 
Stegosaurus

wow i thought my protein intake was high! your's is even higher than mine!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:18 am 
Elephant

Wow thanks everyone :D

Time to get down and dirty. If you recall, I was on bed rest during the pregnancy which meant some backtracking on things (all for a wonderful reason though) I feel my cardio is up to speed now, I can lift without getting abnormally out of breath, jog a couple miles normally. So onto comp training. With the intensity of the lifting program, my heart rate will be up nicely :mrgreen: I will not be incorporating cardio until I need to cut.

Yesterday:
3 sets of 12
Squats
Leg Ext
SLDL
Lying Leg Curls

calf circuit

Standing BB Curl
Tricep Push Downs
Preacher Curls
OH Tri Ext

I leave Friday for MD to visit Mom since she has not seen my new little one yet. If I can find a sitter I'll be training in a gym down there to continue progress. Some very sweet friends have offered me free passes for my stay .... so will not say no!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:18 am 
Elephant

Yesterday:
3 sets of 12
Flat Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
DB Flies
BO Rows
DB Pullover
Good Mornings
Military Press
DB Lat Raises

Still eating clean. It's amazing how easy it comes now, no cravings. :)

Lil one is doing wonderful! Got to go back to work soon and back to school in the Fall .... 'cause I need more on my plate, lol jk.... "Money can't buy happiness, but it can make you awfully comfortable while you're being miserable"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:48 pm 
Elephant

I took a trip to Mom & Dad's in Maryland so they could meet their new granddaughter, so have been away for a bit. Now back in Michigan and rushing around doing last minute things for the wedding on Saturday. We decided we didn't care for the rings so we ordered in new ones coming via air. I don't see how that could possible go wrong with the wedding on Saturday :mrgreen:

It took ALOT of mental control not to veer from the plan and become a cardio bunny to tryfit in a dress size pre-preg weight just because I want to look skinny on my wedding day (hey he is marrying me, so he gets me when I am building muscle, hee hee)! So still intaking calories, lots of protein and lifting heavy. Cardio is rare and only then it's a moderate pace at 20min.

What have I noticed? I am becoming much stronger than I have ever been. I'm very happy with this. My Fiance restores classic cars and hot rods, so on occassion he needs a second set of hands assisting or moving things like motors, hoods, car parts etc. I'm not sure I could have done it before. I was helping move stuff yesterday off a classic camero (sweet as heck!) and noticed how easy it was ..... even lifting and holding steady at an awkward height while final bolts were being removed. :)

With the lifting I could see how strong man type training would be very beneficial.

Anyhow, that being said, I have dropped more fat% (and thus some weight ... about another 5lbs). Since I am not doing cardio per se or cutting cals and am stronger .... I'm on track. If I start to drop weight quickly OR begin to lose strength, I'll up cals further.

Today: 3 sets of 8 reps
BO BB Rows
T-B Rows
Good Mornings
BB Curls
Hammer Curls

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:36 pm 
Stegosaurus

I didn't realize you were getting married - congratulations!!! Post pics!