Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Cubby's fitness blog
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:26 pm 
Stegosaurus

toe with a lite graze of the heel. I going to a pose cert next weekend maybe that will help my form.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:52 am 
Elephant

MaryStella wrote:
toe with a lite graze of the heel. I going to a pose cert next weekend maybe that will help my form.

Yeah, that may help. I don't do a whole shit ton of running, so that may be why I haven't come into any trouble. I think most runners who use them, though, don't have trouble with bruising their calcanei, but usually issues with the balls of their feet. I had some bruising on the balls of my feet until they toughened up. Or at least they felt like bruises.

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:29 pm 
Stegosaurus

i don't have bruising, although i have had some incidents with that from stepping on rocks etc while running. The bursa is inflammed around my calcaneus. Yeah they don't bother me in fact i even forget I have them on unless i am running in them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:26 pm 
Elephant

I just did a leg press sled widowmaker today. Who'd a' thought it would be way harder than free squat widowmakers. It was the heaviest feeling shit I've ever messed with. It was wonderful, and I can't remember the events a few minutes after very well. That is a sign I am doing them right.

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:12 am 
Elephant

I am still doing IF. I've knocked off about 50g of fiber per day, but my levels are still quite insane. I am at 90% whole foods. Three scoops per day of protein powder, 227g of beans, one pound of tofu and a half cup of nutritional yeast are my main protein sources now. 140-150g of fiber, compared to 190-200g before. 260-300g of protein, compared to 160-190g before, depending on if it is a workout day or not. I am at 1.5g/lb of bodyweight (I fluctuate between 180-185lbs). I've never gone anywhere near this high in protein before, and am attempting a recomp with DoggCrapp, instead of a cut. Morning cardio during the fasted period with some yohimbine and green tea extract, or yohimbine and coffee. I think all this combined with IF should work quite well. I hope to post some progress photos within a couple months.

-offense74

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:37 pm 
Elephant

Started another DC blast today. Finished the workout with sumo deadlifts for back thickness. Got 380x5, then 340x11. I always do the first, heavy set with dead stops off the floor, like true deadlifts, then the lighter one touch and go style. This keeps down on CNS fatigue and also allows me to pull a rather heavy weight for high reps on the second set. The negative is still controlled, but once the bar touches the floor, I rip it right back up. I finished about an hour ago and still feel like vomiting. Still getting a meal down I am slowly working on.

-offense74

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:54 pm 
Elephant

Did 700lbs on my led sled widowmaker today, for 22 reps. This was way harder than the deadlifts on Monday. I had to recover for about ten minutes before even beginning to put my weights away. I did manage to roll over to the power rack next to me to get in my quad stretch immediately after the widow, though. It was so horribly hard and exhausting, but was so much fun at the same time. Thankfully I was well rested today. Downed about 3k calories post workout, and 600 before it. This is the biggest I have ever eaten. Doing about 2900 calories on off days, and 3500-3600 on workout days, depending if it is a lower body day or not.

-offense74

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:17 pm 
Rabbit

Hey, hows your progress been on Doggcrapp? I hope you start a log again, would love to read them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:00 pm 
Elephant

I had some amazing progress on Doggcrapp, and pushing myself to my limits with it taught me a lot about myself and my body. I ran the program for 3-4 months, blasting and cruising, but still outpaced my recovery. I realized I need a bit more advanced before really getting the benefits from it. Multiple failure point training is out of my realm currently. Right now, I am back on Iron Addict's SPBR and doing great on it. When I hit 300/400/500 on bench/squats/deadlifts, I will reevaluate. Until then, I plan to stick with SPBR. I may give a three day per week Westside variation a shot once I reach my goal, get stupid strong (400/500/600 or so), then might give DC another whirl. This is all obviously far down the road.

-offense74

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:32 pm 
Rabbit

Im glad to hear you made some nice progress. Yea DC can be tough if your not eating ridiculous amounts of food. IA SPBR is an awesome routine. I'm also doing SPBR right now, following it exactly except subtracted a few sets on some exercises, because I tend to not recover as well, for example on the chest movements. Keep us updated on your progress!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:36 pm 
Elephant

Yeah, I knock off a set here and there depending on what my exercise selection is. I love SPBR, because, as the name implies, it is so simple, but effective.

-offense74

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:44 pm 
Elephant

Pulled 405x5 yesterday, paused for two breaths at the bottom. Judging from this, I should be able to pull 500x1 at the very least, based on my personal rep max calculations (my 5RM is about 75-80% of my 1RM, and my 3RM is about 85-90% of my 1RM for my big lifts). Problem is, I did a set of touch and go deads at 365 right after this, and pulled something in my back on rep 6. I hope it doesn't set me back for too long, because I really want that 500lb dead. I will be patient, though. Moving forward, I will no longer do touch and go deads, because I seem to get too excited sometimes and jerk the weight off the floor too quickly. Also, it is high time I start wearing a belt. I am getting into some pretty heavy iron at this point, and I don't believe the human body is really equipped to handle this kind of weight. I think not wearing belts is great for general fitness and athletes who aren't pulling/squatting big weights, but once you get decently far into powerlifting/powerbuilding/Oly, belts become quite an asset. It is unfortunate that I had to injure myself to finally wake up to this, even though I already believed it to be true. At least I believe it is a minor pull, because I can still move around without much issue, just using some ibuprofen.

-offense74

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7