Ajipure BCAA's and EAA's besides Purple Wraath?

Hey guys, I know there was a thread concerning Vegan BCAA's and Ajipure turned out to be the only one from True Protein. My question is, the BCAA blend is 2:1:1, so what percentage L-Leucine would I mix with the 2:1:1 BCAA blend in the custom mix maker to make the BCAA's 4:1:1? L-Leucine has been shown to be one of the most important amino acids for skeletal muscle development and it's often recommended to go with 4:1:1 BCAA blends.

I'm really bad with math but I figured it out to be 65% Ajipure 2:1:1 BCAA's and 35% Ajipure L-Leucine to make a 4:1:1 BCAA custom blend. Is this right? ^_^;

Also, are there any other vegan EAA's besides Purple Wraath, it has all kinds of weird artificial flavors in it...

Thanks!

P.S. Wraaaaaath >:]

I'm really bad with math but I figured it out to be 65% Ajipure 2:1:1 BCAA's and 35% Ajipure L-Leucine to make a 4:1:1 BCAA custom blend. Is this right? ^_^;
Yes, that's what I order from them. Comes out to about 4.2:1:1.

Also, are there any other vegan EAA's besides Purple Wraath, it has all kinds of weird artificial flavors in it...
I'm not aware of any others in the US. If you find some please let us know.

Yes, that's what I order from them. Comes out to about 4.2:1:1.

I'm not aware of any others in the US. If you find some please let us know.

And so the hunt begins. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Bump. I have been looking for vegan EAA's as well and am trying to avoid artificial flavors and such. So far no luck .

If you are in the U.S., order from True Protein, as stated above. If you want natural flavoring, they offer it. I know they have instantized BCAAs, and I think they have EAAs. I personally just get the same mixture chrisjs gets above, throw the BCAAs on my tongue and wash them down. No flavoring. Tastes like a mouth of quarters, but it goes down fast.

Only the ajipure BCAAs from trueprotein are vegan, their normal bcaas and eaas are not, at least as far as they say... I emailed Carl about it a while back. The TP product pages for even the ajipure ones says they can be derived from non-vegetarian sources but Ajinomoto themselves say it's plant derived. The manufacturer of the other TP BCAAs and EAAs isn't known, so it's probably the inexpensive chinese stuff made from feathers and/or hair.

I order the ajipure stuff with double the amount of premium old fashioned lemonade. It's tolerable enough to sip throughout my workout, but it's nowhere as tasty as something like Xtend.

Only the ajipure BCAAs from trueprotein are vegan, their normal bcaas and eaas are not, at least as far as they say... I emailed Carl about it a while back. The TP product pages for even the ajipure ones says they can be derived from non-vegetarian sources but Ajinomoto themselves say it's plant derived. The manufacturer of the other TP BCAAs and EAAs isn't known, so it's probably the inexpensive chinese stuff made from feathers and/or hair.

I order the ajipure stuff with double the amount of premium old fashioned lemonade. It's tolerable enough to sip throughout my workout, but it's nowhere as tasty as something like Xtend.

That is correct. I emailed TrueProtein about this and they said they do not plan to offer vegan EAAs in the near future due to cost. You are correct about Ajinomoto as well, their products are not derived from animals. I also emailed NOW Foods because they released "Amino 9 Essentials" this month. Here is their response....

"Hello,

Leucine tends to be derived from hair or feathers. The other aminos are vegetarian and made via microbial fermentation.

Thank you for your inquiry,

NOW Science & Nutrition Group"

Yeah they dissolve even better than the instantized ones. You still get a small amount of leucine floating at the top but most of it either gets dissolved or suspended. There's no residual foam once you mix it well. I put it in a sigg bottle and shake it up maybe 20 mins before I start actually sipping it.

• 1 year later...

Never got to posting in this one before - there is another vegan BCAA supplement out there, NutraSumma's Amino Clear is something we stock, and the supplement info is as follows:

Supplement facts:

Serving size –1 scoop (18.6g)

Servings per container – 20

Calories per serving – 10

Total carbohydrate – 2g (2g sugars)

Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal-5-phosphate) – 5mg / 250% DV

Pantothenic Acid (as calcium D-pantothenate and pantethine) – 50mg / 500% DV

AjiPure Instantized Branch Chain Amino Acid Blend of:

- L-Leucine – 5000mg / *

- L-Valine – 2500mg / *

- L-Isoleucine – 2500mg / *

L-Glutamine – 5000mg / *

Arginine Hydrochloride – 1000mg / *

Suma Root Extract – 200mg / *

Maca Root Extract – 150mg / *

BioPerine Black Pepper (fruit extract) – 5mg / *

Other ingredients: Organic cane sugar, natural orange flavor, steviol glycosides

Can be found here: http://store.veganessentials.com/amino-clear-vegan-bcaa-supplement-by-nutrasumma-p3386.aspx

Just putting it out there for anyone looking for another brand!