Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Denise Nicole (Seasiren) Postpartum
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:24 am 
Elephant

lobsteriffic wrote:
I didn't realize you were getting married - congratulations!!! Post pics!

Thank you, I will :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:29 am 
Gorilla

CONGRATS on the marriage!! YAH! :D

http://www.fires.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/firesmusic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:59 am 
Manatee

Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:40 am 
Elephant

Thank you for all the congrats :)

Well I married my best friend and the love of my life on Saturday :)

We originally were going to just go to the Justice of the Peace as we felt our finances were better put to investing in our future. But we decided last minute to book a small chapel and have a minister as the officiator for the wedding. Our children were present and stood up with us, with the exception of my oldest son who could not fly out for the wedding but sent his best wishes (he is in college and living in MD).

My now husband surprised me by flying out my daughter, who was also in college in MD. How he pulled it off without me knowing until she was standing in front of me is beyond me!

Anyhow, here is a couple of pics from the chapel:

My eldest daughter decided to stay permanently and is transferring to a Michigan college. So I am thrilled! That being said, that means we have 6 children living with us from ages 17 - 4mo. A challenge in organization is pretty well the course now.

Now back to it:
4 sets of 8 reps
DB Flat Bench Press
DB Flyes
DB Shoulder Press
DB Upright Rows
3 sets of 12
DB Side Lats

My lil one has suddenly become a light sleeper and since my tread is in my bedroom it wakes her up. Though not ideal, any tread will have to be done in the evenings when her daddy is home. But then again, this log isn't about ideal it's about reality with 6 kid's one of which is an infant.

On another note, I seemed to have developed Carpel Tunnel since the pregnancy which apparently is common. I have been fighting the thought and hoping it would just disappear .... who wants to be a whiner??? It has kept me up a few nights now and can be out and out painful, and aggravating as all heck. I'll have to figure out how to deal. I don't like popping medication, so something alternative to that (or maybe it will just go away if I wish hard enough :mrgreen: )

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:30 am 
Stegosaurus

Congrats!! Love the pics!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:40 pm 
Manatee

You and your whole family look so beautiful! And I love that one of the girls is wearing sports shoes with her dress.. I always detested the shoes people made me wear on weddings and such.. So it's great to see that those kind of shoes are accepted as well on a wedding for a change ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:31 pm 
Elephant

Thank you for the congrats!

That is my eldest daughter (18 next month). I was lucky to get her in a dress, lol

Back to the reality of trying to squeeze in training between baby naps. I'm going over to a six day split .... if I can't devote the time I need I have to train smarter.

Today:
Lying Curls -wu, 3 sets of 6, drop weight to failure
DL -3 sets of 6
Standing Single Leg Curls - 1 set to failure
SLDL - 2 sets of 6

Baby began her scream at the first set. My eldest was kind enough to entertain her until I was finished.

I'm logging my weight finally and was WAY off what I thought I could handle. I wanted my biggest weight hoping for 6 reps (didn’t want to be able to get even one more). Turns out I need a lot more weight! That’s a good thing …. So bumping next time. :)

On another note, the heat has been unbearable. The house’s temp reaches mid 80’s during the day and all the way down to 80-82 at night. Lol The humidity is relentless. Making it nearly impossible to sleep. The fans just push around the hot air ….. does not seem that Michigan homes were built with high temps in mind.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:37 pm 
Elephant

Late training but I got it in:
Incline DB Presses 3 sets of 6 reps
Flat Bench DB Presses 2 sets 6 reps
Dips 2 sets BW to failure
DB Pullovers 2 sets of 12

Hams are sore from yesterday (YESSSS ;) ) Today's training was supposed to be with BB, but somehow in the home renovation my barbell has been moved. I'm sure it ended up in the garage or basement temporarily, but I did not have time to go searching since I am still training between baby naps. So dumbbells it was. I didn't feel as if I got as much out of it and will be sure to locate said barbell tomorrow.

Also, I am supposed to work in abs and calves every other day ... didn't happen as baby woke. Next time for sure even if I have to split the training up for now.

Food comes with no thought to it once again which is so nice finally. And of course the more I train and eat properly on schedule the better (and stronger) I feel .... now that is how I remember it being pre-preg!