Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ninja Journal Version 5.0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:18 pm 
Manatee

Nice deal on the gym, thats cheap.

Sweet album cover, is the hair elastic to cut down on that noise from fast mutes?
Sample track is pretty cool as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:31 am 
Site Admin

Thanks dude! Yeah, the hair band cuts down the noise. I don't know why, but this guitar makes a high pitch metallic kind of noise when you mute the strings. I tried a few things, but the hair band cuts that right out, even if it looks a bit sweaty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:21 am 
Site Admin

Okay! I just hit the gym for my first serious gym workout in a long time!

I did:

dumbbell bench press x 3
incline dumbbell bench press x 3
press machine x 4
shrugs x 3
tricep extensions x 3
shoulder raises x 3 (progressively lowering weight, no break inbetween)
tricep pulldown x 5 (progressively lowering weight, no break inbetween)
crunches x 30

Really enjoyed it, my arms are real tired now. I worked hard, but didn't push myself to the maximum, since I know how that can end up when getting back to serious training.

I will be going again this evening hopefully, to do a bunch of cardio. Now drinking a protein shake and having an ice lolly, it is hot.

Bye!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

Yep, went twice yesterday biotches. Might take it easy tonight, rebuild the bits of my body which I sand-papered off last night

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:39 pm 
Manatee

Richard wrote:
Thanks dude! Yeah, the hair band cuts down the noise. I don't know why, but this guitar makes a high pitch metallic kind of noise when you mute the strings. I tried a few things, but the hair band cuts that right out, even if it looks a bit sweaty

Looks like it has a Floyd so that could have something to do with it. Also the fact that the headstock is reverse so the treble tuners are closest could affect it as well... IDK.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:59 am 
Site Admin

Hit the gym this morning. Couldn't go at the weekend because the gym closes shortly after I get back from work. Felt good again, and I will go this evening as well to do more cardio and some kung fu and all that

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:52 pm 
Site Admin

Cool, I did go again in the evening on Monday, then I went Tuesday, rested Wednesday, and I just got back from the gym again today which is Thursday, keep up douchebag. I did a whole body workout today, I think I will continue like that. I may start to do something like:

Day 1) Full body weights day
Day 2) Cardio, some light weights
Day 3) Rest

and just keep going in that cycle. I have a two week rota at the sanctuary, so I work every other weekend. The gym isn't open for enough time after I get home to use it then, so on those days I guess I'll have to try and do a bit at home, or maybe treat them as extra rest days. either way I am pumped!

Still have a long way to go, but I feel good, and my diet isn't too bad either. Added in walnuts to my oats each day, and eating more seeds and nuts in with recipes that I make (sesame, sunflower, peanuts, cashews, walnuts) to add more variety of nutrients. Also getting back to a bit more steamed veg like broc and new potatoes especially at the moment. eating pretty low fat, and having one or two protein drinks each day. Not snacking on crap now, definitely not. #

Typically I am having:

6:00 - Vitamins, some nuts, or a sandwich

9:00- oats, walnuts, raisins with water

12:30 - oats, walnuts, raisins with water

17:30 - Main meal, usually something like:
Pasta with stir fried vegetables, seeds and nuts
Steamed vegetables with TVP stuff
vegetable curry with rice
Tofu with stir fried vegetables and noodles
Fake sausage pie with steamed vegetables and mashed potato

17:45 Protein shake

20:00 - 21:00 (roughly) gym

21:15 Protein shake

If I get hungry, I have a handful of nuts or dried fruit generally. Some days at work, instead of the oats I take in left over food from the previous days main meal, and heat it.

Will be taking photos to keep track of things soon hopefully.

Website will also be updated bit by bit, happy with it so far, have a few plans to expand it, should be stuff added each week, new tracks and other humorous things

http://www.heavymetalninja.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:40 am 
Site Admin

Okay! I am getting bigger, veins coming out again, feeling great. Just got back from the gym, now sipping on protein drink as usual, kickass.

Uploaded another track to the site, more still to come, getting good feedback so far! Really psyched

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:40 am 
Site Admin

Yeah I hit the gym again. Was too knackered on Friday to do it after work, one of the few days where I have tapped out to the pain. Glad it is my day off today, I've gone early enough so I should be able to go again tonight and do some cardio. Man I look sexy after my workouts, it's all I can do to stop myself busting a nut in the mirror

EDIT: Yep, hit the gym again at night with my girlfriend, just did cardio for about 30 minutes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

Gym again, I am keeping it real bitches. Full body workout, no rest, just one body part to the next. I like this way of working out, but I feel like my body may get too used to it, so I think I am going to try out all kinds of things, different days, do different approaches. I find that break downs really pump me up, but I don't know if they are actually good for you or what, but I might use more of those as well as doing super sets as I am.

Junk food levels are pretty much non-existent until I visit my parents' place and then there is nothing to do, and lots to eat. I need to get a bit more serious when I am out of my comfort zone.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:32 am 
Site Admin

Wow... Okay, just got back to the gym. When I first started there, I was shown round by a trainer called John, and he seemed real nice and knew a lot about body building - but he told me that he would only be there a few more weeks which was a bummer because most gym trainers that I come across are total dicks who don't actually care, and are really fake. Was talking to John again today for quite a while - turns out he is vegan as well. How awesome is that? Will keep in contact with him after he leaves, just really surprised.

Workout was good, raising the weight on the lat pull-down and the dumbbell bench press. Once again, full body workout, no rests, and did several breakdowns as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:40 am 
Site Admin

Sweet, just got back from the gym. This new way of working (for me) is working pretty well I think. I had initially wanted to get back to my old way of doing things, split the body up and just keep hitting the gym every day basically. But now I am going about 3 times a week, doing the whole body each time (no rest periods, just super sets), sometimes a day of cardio.

Today I did:
warm up on cross trainer 1 minute
incline dumbbell bench press 28kg (each hand) x 9 - new personal best
upright cable rows 25kg x 12 (x2) - new personal best
dumbbell shoulder press 18kg (each hand) x 10 - new personal best
lat pull down (close grip, palms inward) 70kg x 7 - new personal best
chest press machine 60kg x 10
lat pull down (wide grip, palms outward) 60kg x 6
cable flies 15kg (each hand) x 4, 10kg x 6
tricep cable pull down 15kg x 8
barbell bicep curl 30kg x 8
shoulder raises 10kg x 8
cross trainer 1 minute
crunches 25

Yesterday I did 40 minutes on the rowing machine, which is my personal best (previous had only ever done a few minutes, my fitness level is a lot higher now).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

Oof! Okay, bit dizzy, maybe I over-did it at the gym today. beat some more personal bests!

Shoulder dumbbell press 18kg (each hand) x 12 - now I will move up to 20kg next time

upright cable row 27.5kg x 12, then did 30kg x 8

Now, I also did lateral shoulder raises, 12kg x 8. I can't remember what my PB was before that, but I am pretty sure this is also the largest, since I used to lift like 8kg when I used to train.

All numbers are steadily increasing, feels great!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:50 pm 
Mastodon

I am loving your consistency. You are looking great, much leaner. Also the track a few posts up ^^^ is great.

335 Squat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:41 am 
Site Admin

Zack wrote:
I am loving your consistency. You are looking great, much leaner. Also the track a few posts up ^^^ is great.

Thanks dude! Yeah I am enjoying my new training style, and the fact that the gym is in walking distance helps my consistency. Thanks for listening to the track! I've got quite a few up now if you want to check more out, the whole album will be online in the next couple of weeks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next