So, basically i thought I'd start a bit of a semi-regularly updated journal detailing my physical exercise, measurements, progress photos, and how I'm feeling.
Images from last week posted at the end of this writing.
I have some set things that I have as routine:
* Start the day with a shower (and drink a good amount of water), followed by Kum Nye, as I learned from Waking Up For Beginners
- The Kum Nye takes about 20 mins and some days is extremely challenging, and other days doesn't seem too bad, as most things seem to go anyhow.
* I then go through three sets of either chin ups or pull ups - I'm thinking I'll start the Armstrong program soon for this..
* Next stop is the kitchen where I make myself breakfast which is the same most days:
Local(ish - and minus bananas) fruit, mixed with Tahini, Lecithin, Pumpkin and Sunflower seeds, Almonds, Brazils, Apple Cider vinegar, flax Seed Oil, Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg.
* Next I'll get onto whatever I have to do in the day. Most mornings I need to give myself two hours before I can leave the house. If I'm rushed I'll just grab some fruit for breakfast.
* I try to cycle everywhere. I live down a hill, so always get a bit of an incline
* On Wednesday evenings I go to a gymnasium - $10 for almost two hours, so much fun and really supportive people. The gymnasium is huge - a couple of sprung floors, the rings, bars, tramps, crash pads, etc. I've been working on my back flips and front flips (I can't do either from the ground yet) and handstands, but also play around on everything else - been playing lots with the rings and was proud of my latest achievement of climbing up the vertical rope to the rafters and back using just my arms. also, it's about 11km away and I try to have enough time to cycle there and back.
* Once a week I go for a run with a fellow vegan, started two weeks ago, where we did 8.5km, and last week was 9km.
* I try to work physically demanding jobs - usually I work in industrial Rope Access, but at the moment it's quiet so I am hopefully getting some general labour/construction work.
* I go through a few Asanas each day.
* I almost never eat any processed foods. I don't smoke cigarettes and the only alcohol I consume is homebrew wine or the occasional vegan red wine (I do rarely have something else, but itś uncommon.
* I am totally vegan (I thought I needn't say this but it seems there are a few people here who do consume some animal products)
* I don't drink coffee , or black or green tea.
* I occasionally do have some chocolate.
* My biggest negatives against my healthy living is that I smoke weed a few times a week and my sleeping patterns are all over the place (I prefer to be up til around 2 working on various projects, but when I'm working I usually start at 7, so they get messed up a bit)
So as far as exercise goes, in summary, Kum Nye in the mornings, pullups/chinups, bike everywhere, Wednesday gymnastics, Thursday runs, and generally trying to keep fit. I need more stuff. Hoping to make it to Sunday parkour meetups at the moment.
So, last week (and I have NO idea how to pose btw):
^ Just casual, no tensing for that one.
And omg my flatmate just presented me with a plate of fresh baked wholemeal bread, mediterranean styled lentils and a spicy chickpea dish, with a side of guacamole. Wow
......actually I've just finished that now and have been given a plate with some vanilla soy icecream and plum sauce with mint chocolate. She's so bad for my health, but I've got to indulge sometimes
Peace out, will post some daily updates in coming days.