mizzourunner's recovery and training journal

I met a new friend at the gym today! VERY happy about that. I don't have a whole lot of friends in this city because I just moved here last year.

cycled 45 minutes-220 burned

not elliptical but like one 30 minutes-220 burned

weight lifting arms/chest/back 20 minutes

50 walking lunges with 15 pound dumbbells in each hand

450 crunches of various kinds

stretching

breakfast:

vegan english muffin with organic peanut butter and organic strawberry preserves

So Delicious Coconut Milk Raspberry yogurt

post workout:

Chocolate Peanut butter Spirutein 1 scoop with 2 tbsp molasses, 1 cup 8th Continent Light Vanilla soymilk, ice

lunch:

kale salad with 2 roma tomatoes, scallions and 3 tbsp Annie's Roasted Red Pepper salad dressing

snack:

1 serving sesame tarragon crackers

planned for the rest of the day:

Dinner:

1.5 cups white beans with onions, garlic, tomatoes and fresh basil

snack:

1/4 cup sunflower seeds

lots of vegan junkfood today:

2 Vegan cookies from the Chicago Vegan bakery-one snickerdoodle/one ginger molasses

2 nature's valley pecan granola bars

sour mambas

total: 3300 calories

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOMM:

(I posted this at the other eating disorder forum that I post at so ignore the part about TF)

My supervisor called me today to ask me if I could change my schedule slightly and she's increased my hours which is excellent. I also will be getting hours at another group home--one that requires a little more work, which is super exciting. I love my job. I love what I do. I am excited to go to work today. I will be working by myself because my coworker just found out he needs a cardiac catheter put in so he will not be there. Last night I had to work by myself and I liked it because all the responsibilities fell to me. It made me feel like I am worth something. Like I can actually do something with my life. It was very validating.

I am struggling very badly with body image and restricting today. The body image thing has been an ongoing thing for awhile especially since I have gained 15-17 pounds since June. So I have been going to the gym a lot to deal with my body image. If I am going to be eating and keeping food down, I want to turn my body into muscle and have a kick ass body. None of this flabby shit that I have going on. I am so grossed out by myself right now. I literally cannot stand being in my body. Forcing down the food involves daily tear fests and calls to all the supportive people in my life who can handle a nut case like myself at this time.

I found out from my mom yesterday that she put me on the prayer list at her church in June. This is when I started turning things around for myself. It's obviously no coincidence. Just the right combination of factors coming into play: the prayers from God knows how many people, me being upset that my brain function has noticeably and considerably declined from this disorder since I graduated from college evidenced by my struggle to maintain a B average in law school and then quitting when I got too overwhelmed, me turning to my spirituality to help me get through this time and start recovering, me working in therapy. As I said, so far I have gained 15-17 pounds depending on the day, I have quit smoking completely (3 weeks clean tomorrow), only one binge/purge in August, drastically reduced my purging (now I purge 1-2 times a day usually long after the food has gone through my system so its just fluids coming up). I'm pretty fucking proud of myself.

Right now I'm just trying to become a better person and undo the damage I have done in my real life and on TF. All I can do is work on my recovery and hope and think before I speak so I don't hurt anybody. I have a lot of remorse about what's happened on TF. I do not know the person I was when I pulled any of the shit that I have here. I'm so ashamed of myself and honestly it makes the self hate 100 times worse. I just want to be better and gain respect and integrity back. I seriously feel so lost but these last few weeks I really feel like I'm coming around and that my true self is just around the corner.

I genuinely hope everyone is in a good, safe, happy place today. I wish nothing but the best for everybody on TF. I wish we could all get better but I know that people have to get better on their own watches, when they're ready, when they're own right combination of factors comes to a peak.

Today's workout and food:

today was an off day for working out, but I went anyway.

450 crunches of various kinds

60 minutes crazy cardio machine I do not know the name of (472 burned probably more like 400 since those machines are always off)

stretching

no weights today because I was supposed to take the day off

food:

1 liter water

no breakfast/no snack/no pre or post workout snack

lunch-

protein shake made with 1 scoop chocolate peanut butter spiru-tein protein powder, 1 cup 8th Continent Light Vanilla soymilk, 1 cup water, cinnamon, Hershey's sugar free chocolate syrup, ice

planned for the rest of the day:

snack-

Back to Basics 1 servings vegan Sesame Tarrogon crackers

dinner-

2 Quorn 'naked' cutlets

snack-

2 servings vegan gummy bears

I know my food sucks today but I have to restrict because I ate so much yesterday. I know---excuses, excuses.

It's great that your mom put you on the prayer list, that's very powerful. And I see you have job satisfaction, which is good.

Oh yeah, and a weakness for chocolate & peanut butter! lol, I know it well!

Don't know what else to say that won't sound judgmental. We all know you are trying & support you in your fitness goals. Sending healing vibes your way...

aww katz. you're sweet. thank you!

I'm taking today off from working out and the thought of it is killing me. I need to rest. This level of calorie restriction really takes it out of me. The only workout I'm going to do today is the New York City Ballet workout DVD. I took ballet for 15 years so this should be a cakewalk.

I have so many thoughts in my head right now. Today has not been a good day or yesterday. I finally figured out what's going on with me. My meds are no longer working for me. I have atypical rapid cycling type 2 bipolar. Today I was insanely anxious. I was so anxious I wanted to kill myself. I was going out of mind. Then I got really calm for about literally 5 minutes. Then I got really depressed. Then I talked to a friend and felt a little better. Now I'm having racing thoughts. This is how my bipolar manifests itself.

I'm angry with my therapist because she seems to think its okay if I exercise 2.5-3 hours a day and only eat 1500 calories. Obviously she has no faith in me to recover. When in fact she's feeding into my eating disorder by convincing me that everything is fine and she continues to say my weight is fine. Yeah, it's okay to weigh what I weigh? I don't really want to gain anymore weight, but again she's just feeding into my eating disorder. I actually am beginning to think she is not the therapist for me if she thinks this is the best I can do. I don't know if she's just being placating and trying not to push me too hard but I need someone to fucking push me or I really never am going to get better. Thank god for good friends who actually give me perspective on these things. Seriously.

I'm so confused. Half the time I think I'm working out this much because I want to build muscle and get really healthy and the other part of me, the eating disorder part of me, is just exercising because I want to lose weight. I don't know which way is up right now.

Furthermore, this boy I have been seeing totally feeds into my eating disorder too. He's overweight and trying to lose weight and obsessed with food himself so we spend a lot of time talking about food and exercise and he exercises with me sometimes too. And I don't have the energy or emotionally stability to deal with him and educate him on the ins and outs of my disorder. I broke up with him today because honestly the stress of being in a relationship is literally sending me over the edge and triggering me in all kinds of ways. Furthermore, he kind of creeps me out because he's over the top nice to everybody we meet including me and it's freaking me out. I can't believe he is genuine and if it is, it's just really weird and I don't like it. Furthermore, after 6 weeks of dating he's already telling me that he loves me and I feel really bad for breaking up with him but I honestly don't reciprocate the feelings at all, in fact, his personality is becoming really irritating to me. He's a goof ball but like he's stupid funny if you know what I mean and I don't like it and I don't find him funny at all.

Everything just kind of came to a head today with the relationship. I can't do it anymore. I thought I liked him at first but now I really can't stand him. Like I seriously don't even want to be friends with him. I think I was just so desperate to have friends in this city that I kept hoping I would begin to like him and it's just cruel and mean for me to continue this relationship when I don't even really like him. Furthermore, I am obviously too emotionally fragile and too early in recovery from my eating disorder to even think about having a relationship with anyone which is what I told him when I broke up with him. I wasn't so mean as to tell him that I find him irritating or that his kindness is way too over the top and I don't find it genuine. I wouldn't dream of telling him that. I thought I was ready for another relationship but I can't handle it. Not when I just got my own place in July, not when I am just now beginning to support myself and work. I just can't do it. The stress of trying to handle this relationship has really sent me spiraling with the eating disorder. I really don't know what my true motives for exercising are.

I've barely eaten anything the last 2 days and now I'm scared to eat. I really do not want to go backwards but I don't know if I can turn this around. I just want some relief from my own fucking thoughts. My thoughts and feelings and behaviors are so erratic and unpredicatable today and yesterday. I don't know what to do. I'm so confused.

pazios hahaha! You made me laugh. Entertaining, no? My problems cause a lot of unwanted drama in my life and I hate drama but unforutnately that's the way it goes. I'm glad you think my journal is awesome. That made my day. I'm using it beyond its purpose as a way to get all my thoughts and feelings on the table as well as keeping track of the basics. I'm glad you don't find it annoying.

WOMM:

I'm feeling much better today. Very relieved to be single again to say the least. I find myself in a difficult position with food still. Not really wanting to eat. I'm going to try to get a few protein shakes in today and I will be going to the gym in an hour or so. Today is my Friday at work and then I get 3 days off!! woot! Surprisingly I am not feeling sick or unwell physically even though I haven't been eating much. I've eaten about 750 calories yesterday and the day before...Be back later to update. love that smilie

workout was difficult today but I know it's my own fault for not fueling myself.

1 hour hard cardio (500 burned--realistically probably actually 350-400)

20 minutes weight lifting arms/chest/back: 5 different machines 3 sets of 15 on each one

450 crunches

50 walking lunges with 10 pound dumbbells in each hand

My arms felt so weak today. They were burning so much and I was doing the same amount of weight that I've been doing for awhile.

food:

vitamins aren't food but to help with the absorption of my vitamins, I ate 1 tbsp of organic peanut butter

2 B Complex vitamins-I don't think the ones I have are vegan but I have a huge bottle. I'm going to finish them and not let them go to waste

400 mg Magnesium

1000 mg Acai

600 mg Calcium

400 IU of Vitamin D

Meeting my mom for a lunch in a bit for sushi. I told her I was really struggling which is why she is meeting me. Of course, I'm getting veggie sushi--no worries there.

lunch:

getting the green peace roll--can't remember all the vegetables in it but it is yummy!

tbc-I'll be back later.

I picked up a magazine that's really vegan friendly from the local health food store. I loved it. It's called DeliciousLiving and they had tons of vegan and vegetarian recipes along with a lot of great articles about vitamins and how there are certain vitamins we should take for optimal health even if we have a perfect diet. That's why I started taking magnesium.

The article said Fish Oil was really good too. I used take fish oil all the time because I have heart problems due to my eating disorder and I still have alot. I feel like I should take it because the fish for these pills have already been sacrificed and I bought them a long time ago when I wasn't a vegan.

If you think you don't need vitamins like these, here's the preface of the article:

"If you consistently eat a balanced, whole foods- based diet, do you really need to take supplements? If you're aiming for optimal health as you age, the answer is yes. Beyond a high quality multiviamin, which many experts recommend as a sort of nurtrional health insurance, a handful of supplements help fill in important gaps. 'Americans are often eating a lot but not getting enough,' say Robert Bonakdar, MD, of the Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine and editor of The H.E.R.B.A.L. Guide (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2010). Shortfalls in essential nutrients tend to increase inflammation in the body, a state that is linked to a number of diseases, Bonakdar say. So what are the top supplements to add to your routine? Here are our experts picks."

Fish Oil:

"These healthy essential fatty acids support brain function and tame inflammation in the body. Supplementing daily with at least 1000 mg of omega-3 efa's may help prevent heart attacks. EFAs also may help slow aging, a recent study found that people with the highest blood levels of omega 3s had the least chromosome damage, a marker for aging and age related disease. By improving brain receptor function, omega 3s help protect the brain from stress.

Flaxseed and plant based sources are beneficial but experts put fish oil first because of its brain supporting docosaheaenoic acid (dha). "

Magnesium:

"Americans get significantly less of this mineral through foods than they did 100 years ago, partly due to soil-nutrient depletion. Some gastrointestional diseases, diabetes and prolonged stress also may cause deficiency. Your body requires magnesium to absorb calcium so it's CRUCIAL to bone health. Also essential for muscles and nerves, hearth health and metabolism, magnesium may decrease heart attack risk in older men."

Coenzyme Q10:

"CoQ10 healps produce energy in the mitochondria of cells. Because the heart is one-third mitochondria, coQ10 is particularly crucial for heart health. As you age, your body naturally makes less CoQ10 so supplements are vital after age 50 (and useful before then) for supporting cardiac perfomance. What's more, cholestoreol lowering statin drugs may decrease the body's coQ10 levels. According to Bonakdar, people who suffer from headaches may also be coQ10 deficient. "

Curcumin:

"A powerful antioxidant extracted from the curry spice turmeric, curcumin boasts natural antibiotic abilities and powerful anti inflammatory and antir arthritic effects, says Rountree. It also protects against heart disease, may help prevent several cancers, and reduces the risk of neurodegerative diseases such as Alzheimer's, he says. It may reduce the production of pain causing chemicals in the body too. "

Vitamin D:

"Deficiency in vitamin D-estimated to affect more than 70 percent of Americans--can increase your risk of mortality from many causes, including heart disease and cancer. Why? Vitamin D plays a crucial role in the body's ability to fight disease. . A recent study found that vitmain D helps activate 'killer' T cells. Its also critical for bone health . Concerns about skin cancer tisk have contributed to deficiency because we block D promoting rays with sunscreen."

Note the article says Vegans should take Vitamin D2 because D3 is derived from lanolin, the oil in sheep's wool.

If anybody need more information about any of these, the article has info about the best form, the doses, and how to take them. Example--Vitamin D is fat soluble and only absorbed if you take it with fat in your stomach too so do what I do, take it with a tbsp of peanut butter.

There's another article in here that I really enjoyed too about the best vegetables, fruits, beans & legumes, grains, nuts & seeds and well, animal protein which is a moot point for us so I'll leave that bit out.

The article names the best foods in each category, says what nutrients you get from each food then tells what the 'health boosts' are. Which is just where they say what it does for your body and what types of diseases the food helps prevent. I'm only going to list the foods but if any of you have questions about the other two categories let me know.

Top 6 Vegetables

1. Dark leafy greens: mustard greens, watercress, kale, turnip greens, collard greens, spinach, Swiss Chard and Arugula.

2. Bok Choy

3. Brussel Sprouts

4. Radishes

5. Bean sprouts

6. Red bell peppers

Top 5 Fruits

1. Strawberries

2. Pomegranate juice

3. Tomatoes

4. Plums

5. Raspberries

Top 4 Beans and Legumes

1. Lentils

2. Black Beans

3. Adzuki beans

4. Red kidney beans

Top 5 Grains

1. Oats

2. Brown Rice

3. Sprouted Grain Bread

4. Barley

5. Quinoa

Top 5 Nuts and Seeds

1. Brazil Nuts

2. Sunflower Seeds

3. Flaxseeds

4. Sesame Seeds

5. Pumpkin Seeds

Just thought I would share!!! Tell me what you think please! Would love to get a discussion going in here!

I think that johan or cubby said something about Brazil Nuts that should be avoided. but I cant remember what. You should do a search, I am in the middle of something here. I think you could finish the rest of the fish oil. What is done is done. I thought that the therapeutic dose for CoQ10 was around 10 mcg? Not strong on Curcumin so I would have to do some research on that one. Rest looks good at first glance. I like long posts , except when I am the one who has to write them. Haha.

Edited by pazios2002

Good list of foods & info. there. I eat pretty much everything on that list, and more. I don't use fish oil though. Being a raw vegan, I just shop the "outsides of the isles" as they always say, that being all the fresh raw Vegetables & fruits.

Since I also maintain a garden, I get plenty from that, minimizing my trips to the store as much as possible. It tastes much better if you can grow it yourself!

I never venture into the center isles/processed foods. Don't take any supplements or med either. Don't supplement with D or B12. I get plenty of sun (D), and a little goes a long way, since D is stored in the body.

B12 - I have been vegan for over 10 yrs., raw for almost 2. The last blood test I had showed an excellent makeup, no deficiencies.

On the nuts & seeds; I try to only purchase raw seeds, as almost everything in this country is cooked/steamed/pasteurized until the enzymes are dead. It is getting difficult to find live sources of food, but they are out there if you look for them.

I also makes a lot of smoothies & juices, which gives a much more concentrated source of nutrition than eating does.

I don't make my eating regimen that complicated. As Hippocrates stated: "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food"

I had a busy, busy day. I got up at 5 am. Left for Saint Louis at 8 for a doctor's appointment. Went to Whole Foods while I was there and got some goodies, ate lunch there and got some supplements. Came home. Hit the gym for only 30 minutes because I had to be at work at 4. Worked until 10. Now I'm home and I'm pooped.

Food:

Meal 1-

Aloha Mango Salad roll (avocado, mango, carrot, cucumber all wrapped in rice paper)

Meal 2-

3/4 cup quinoa with scallions, almonds and pumpkin seeds

Meal 3-

1/4 cup unsalted roasted soynuts

Meal 4-

1 cup Israeli cous cous with pecans and cranberries

Meal 5-

1 tbsp peanut butter

2 Quorn naked cutlets

Exercise-

5 machines 3 sets of 15 on each-worked back, shoulder, chest, biceps and triceps

450 crunches

50 walking lunges (25 each leg) with 15 pound dumbbells in each hand

I am happy that you had a great day. You must have insane hip flexibility from ballet for those lunges. LOL Looks like your eating has come up some, that is great. knowing your struggle, It makes me really appreciate the effort you put into your day. You are very inspir

You guys are so nice.

vege I've had anorexia for years. I'm trying to increase the amount of food I eat.

pazios Yeah, I'm actually extremely flexible and I've been stretching a lot too and have noticed I'm already getting more flexible as well. I'm pretty worn out after I do all those lunges. Breathing hard and whatnot. lol

katz That's awesome that you don't have any deficiencies. Do you log your food anywhere on this site? I would be interested in seeing what you're eating. I'm just taking supplements to make up for my years of malnutrition.

WOMM:

Getting ready to go to the gym. Took all my supplements. Not feeling so great right now. I think because I didn't eat enough to go with them. Going to make a protein shake here in a minute

Supplements:

400 IU Vitamin D2

600 mg Calcium with D (another 400 IU)

500 mg Acai

200 mg CoQ10

B Complex (500 mg Vitamin C, 50 mg B1, 50 mg B2, 50 mg Niacin, 50 mg B6, 400 mcg Folate, 50 mcg B12, 50 mcg Biotin, 50 mg Pantothenic Acid)

400 mg Magnesium

Food:

Meal 1-

vegan english muffin with 1 tbsp organic peanut butter and 1 tbsp organic strawberry preserves

protein shake with 1 scoop Spiru-tein Chocolate Peanut Butter protein powder, 2 cups water, ice, cinnamon and unsweetened cocoa, 1 tbsp flax seed

Meal 2 postworkout-

protein shake with 1 scoop Spiru-tein Chocolate Peanut Butter protein powder, sugar free Hersheys, handful of frozen cherries, 2 cups water, lots of ice

1 liter water

Meal 3

1 liter water

salad with red leaf lettuce, raw kale, 2 roma tomatoes, vegan parmesan cheese, 2 tbsp Annie's Roasted Red Pepper vinaigrette

8 oz Bolthouse Green Goodness smoothie blended with ice

Snack

1/3 cup mixed unsalted soynuts and pumpkin seeds

Meal 4

1 cup aduki beans

1/4 cup Sea and Earth Salad from WF

Workout:

30 minutes cardio (I really need to figure out the name of that machine I use)

450 crunches

Stretching

Legs-

3 sets of 15: Dumbbell Squats with 15 pound dumbbells in each hand

3 sets of 15: Regular Sitting Squats-no weights

30 leg extensions with no weights to warm up then-

3 sets of 15 leg extension machine with 20 pound weight

3 sets of 15 on the Smith Machine-front sissy squat with weight of bar plus 10 pounds

3 sets of 15 Adductor squeeze- 90 pounds

3 sets of 15 Seated Calf Raise with 10 pounds of weight plus own body weight

Back-

3 Sets of 15: Wide-Grip Pulldown x 30 pounds

3 Sets of 15: Narrow Reverse-Grip Pulldown x 20 pounds

2 Sets of 9 Wide Grip Barbell row with just the bar--heavy what? 45 pounds I think?

3 Sets of 15 Barbell row with 10 pound dumbbells in each hand

Then I did the same 5 machines I've been doing that work back, biceps, triceps, shoulder and chest and trapezius 3 sets of 15 on each one

I'm super tired now!

Edited by mizzourunner

My opinion is that you have a very delicate health condition now and you shouldn't use any processed food which is unnatural. And protein shakes are unnatural. They are for persons who are in good health condition and can process toxins inside of their bodies efficiently, for bodybuilders, etc. You have to make your stomach bigger and protein shakes don't make that. Please, eat real, unprocessed food, until you are well again. Avoid also baked products which that produce mucus, etc. My advice for you is: cooked whole grains like millet, quinoa, buckwheat, rice. Vegetables. Fruit. A little beans, chickpeas, lentils. I wish you a fast recovery.

My opinion is that you have a very delicate health condition now and you shouldn't use any processed food which is unnatural. And protein shakes are unnatural. They are for persons who are in good health condition and can process toxins inside of their bodies efficiently, for bodybuilders, etc. You have to make your stomach bigger and protein shakes don't make that. Please, eat real, unprocessed food, until you are well again. Avoid also baked products which that produce mucus, etc. My advice for you is: cooked whole grains like millet, quinoa, buckwheat, rice. Vegetables. Fruit. A little beans, chickpeas, lentils. I wish you a fast recovery.

I would agree. Also please reference the bean cooking threads on the nutrition board on this site. They are helpful in reducing gas and the sensation of bloating from the beans. I know that it is the problem with obese people that I train. It takes a long time to get them back on to beans and such. I dont want you forsaking them because of any feelings of Blobbing.

Doing lunges with former dancers always makes my feel inadequate. They have such awesome form. I may be stronger but big deal so is a cow.

You guys are probably right about the protein shake and needing to eat whole foods, but right now I'm just trying to get calories and protein in and the easiest way for me to get it is to make shakes. Sometimes its really difficult for me to eat real foods so its days like this day when I rely on the shakes for nutrition. I understand where you're coming from, but you need to understand where I'm coming from psychologically too.

pazios You are making me want to make a video of me doing my lunges at the gym. I will have to have my friend record it and I will post it here. You will be really jealous then. lol

katz That's awesome that you don't have any deficiencies. Do you log your food anywhere on this site? I would be interested in seeing what you're eating. I'm just taking supplements to make up for my years of malnutrition.

No, I don't log my diet on here - just really haven't gotten around to doing much other than lurking and posting a bit. I thought about doing a training journal, but I'm not really good on updating stuff like that!

But my diet is very simple;

I am a raw foodist, so I eat everything raw! We have a local farmers market/heath food store in our area, so I simply buy every variety of veg/fruit that they have (that I don't grow myself) and that's about it.

I am also a forager, & there are a ton of wild edibles growing all over the place - what could be better than free food in its most natural form?

A wide variety each day, my smoothies/juices are always different. I also have a weakness for young coconuts, they are the best!

Some days I will follow a mono diet, maybe consisting of all fruit. I like to keep my body alkaline, if possible - much easier on the digestive system.

Personally, I feel that if you give the body what it needs, it will take care of the rest, that is how we're designed. Barring any pre-existing conditions, of course. There are always exceptions.

Over the many years that I have been vegan/raw, I have come to the conclusion that the human body is created to function best on a simple plant based diet. It is most nutrient dense when it is not cooked.

As Jay Kordich once said;

"Take carrots for example. Think about it; They've already been cooked at roughly 90-95 degrees for approx. 100 days by the sun. And you think they need more cooking?"

I've always loved that quote. Jay's a funny guy (& a raw foodist)

Anyway, that's just my personal opinions on the matter. Not trying to convince anybody here, but you asked, so I answered!

You guys are probably right about the protein shake and needing to eat whole foods, but right now I'm just trying to get calories and protein in and the easiest way for me to get it is to make shakes. Sometimes its really difficult for me to eat real foods so its days like this day when I rely on the shakes for nutrition. I understand where you're coming from, but you need to understand where I'm coming from psychologically too.

pazios You are making me want to make a video of me doing my lunges at the gym. I will have to have my friend record it and I will post it here. You will be really jealous then. lol

Yeah that would be great . then I can go like this. Then like this. The ofcourse like this

katz Thanks for sharing. Personally, I would like to start eating a lot more fruits and vegetables but my body doesn't like to digest them too well. They sit in my stomach for ages taking forever to digest and sometimes I throw them up hours later still just looking like chewed food. tmi I know. That's why I like to make smoothie and drink Bolthouse smoothies too because they tend to go through better that way.

pazios I will not be making a video. I was joking. That's silly. You are funny.

katz Thanks for sharing. Personally, I would like to start eating a lot more fruits and vegetables but my body doesn't like to digest them too well. They sit in my stomach for ages taking forever to digest and sometimes I throw them up hours later still just looking like chewed food. tmi I know. That's why I like to make smoothie and drink Bolthouse smoothies too because they tend to go through better that way.

Understandable -

your digestion is suffering from the eating disorder. As you would gradually work back into eating whole foods & keeping them down, your body will start to function normally. A mono fruit diet, at least in part may be something for you to consider, as fruits are just about the easiest foods to digest and they move through the digestive tract faster than other foods.

Mixing several different foods together at the same time cause a clash of digestive enzymes, since different foods digest at different rates. Raw foods are live foods from an enzyme standpoint.

As Jay Kordich says -

"Live foods, live bodies - Dead foods, dead bodies"

...sorry for all the Jay Kordich quotes...lol

It also seems to me that your workouts are a bit excessive - your leg workout is killer for someone as thin as you are. 18 total workout sets, wow!

BTW, don't you have a problem with the seeds? They sometimes give people stomach troubles when they have a sluggish digestive system.

My leg workout is killer because I hate my legs. I think they are disgustingly fat and I'm trying to make them better. My legs are where I seem to have gained almost all my weight. Ugg, I hate them.

Surprisingly, I do not have any problems digesting beans, nuts or seeds.

I think I am done eating for the day. I am trying to boost my metabolism by eating more and now I've eaten so much today. I feel so guilty. I don't want to eat for another couple days.

There is no reason to feel guilty for eating. Eat! Your body needs it.

Your legs are not disgusting. And even if they need work, you should still pace yourself.

Smoothies are defiienately a good idea for getting food, I also agree with kats about not mixing foods.

Don't not eat tomorrow, or the next day. You must eat. You are too thin!

Sunday 8/29

30 minutes weird cardio machine

15 minutes biking

450 crunches

stretching

Monday 8/30

60 minutes weird cardio machine (520 burned)

450 crunches

5 different machines that work biceps/triceps/back/shoulders/chest

stretching

don't remember food

Tuesday 8/31

Supplements:

Vitamin D2

1200 mg Calcium w/ 400 IU Vitamin D

CoQ10

B complex

Acai

Magnesium

40 meq Potassium

1 liter water

Food:

1 tbsp organic peanut butter (aids in absorption of vitamins)

breakfast:

protein shake w/ 2 scoops Spiru-tein Chocolate Peanut Butter protein powder, 1 cup 8th Continent Light Vanilla Soymilk, 3 tbsp Sugar Free Hersheys syrup, 3 tbsp ground flax, 1 cup water, lots of ice

snack:

1/4 cup mixed golden raisons, regular raisons, dried cranberries

1/4 cup unsalted roasted soynuts

lunch:

salad with red leaf lettuce, red onion, capers, sundried tomatoes, pecans, 1/4 cup black eyed peas, 1 naked quorn cutlet, 2 tbsp Annie's Shitake Mushroom Vinaigrette

1 liter water

tbc

No working out today. It's a rest day.,