www.TrueProtein.com

VegFitMom

Has anyone ordered from this company and can you tell me if their premium flavours are vegan?

I really like the idea of blending my own protein powders as their site allows.

Are there other sites similar to this that allow you to custom blend? It would be great if it was Canadian though not necessary.

Thank you.

Has anyone ordered from this company and can you tell me if their premium flavours are vegan?

I really like the idea of blending my own protein powders as their site allows.

Are there other sites similar to this that allow you to custom blend? It would be great if it was Canadian though not necessary.

Thank you.

Yes their premium flavors are vegan but they have 2 (if I remember correctly) artificial sweeteners in them.

Does anyone have a combination/formula to recreate Vega at a lower price?

Vega has all kinds of additives and other things in it, but as far as the protein goes its just pea/rice/hemp and spirulina. The mix with the best amino acid profile for building muscle is the 70/30 pea/rice blend mentioned above, but a blend closer to vega would be a 40/30/20 or so pea/rice/hemp. Also I should add that while the 70/30 pea/rice is better by itself, it may or may not be providing you with the best amino acid profile when you consider the amino acid profile of the rest of your diet.

Well I picked up my tub of Berry Vega Sport Protein

...and while out shopping found a few new vegan proteins has anyone heard of or tried any of the following?

Progressive Nutrition Harmonized Vegan Protein

Genuine Health Vegan Proteins

Garden of Life Raw Protein

Brokerage and duty fees are covered, shipping is pricey so it's good to order in bulk, takes around 10-11 days to get to Winnipeg.

First order 16lbs cost $30.95 for shipping

Second order 6lbs cost $19.50 for shipping

Third order 4lbs cost $17.30 for shipping

Next order will probably be at least double what I first ordered was.

For what to order keep it simple 70%Gemma Pea/30%Rice No Carbohydrates and No Supplements, as for flavors I've no opinion maybe it'd be a good idea to order multiple flavors for a few pounds and check what you like then bulk order after....

You guys rock!

Thanks for all the answers

...btw anyone know of a discount or promo code for the site?

If you go on the forums, and just search anyones posts they usually have a promo code in their signatures that gets them some points anytime someone orders.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I found all of this extremely informative!

I saved 5% by getting 16lb, and then another 5% on top of that by using one of the member codes the other members gave out. Total savings of about $9 total for 16lb of 70/30 Pea/Rice.

Thanks again! You don't know how hard it is to lift and live cheaply, but this has helped significantly.