mizzourunner's recovery and training journal

I took the last 2 days from working out because I haven't been feeling well. Also I will not be able to go to the gym on Saturday and Sunday because I'm picking up some extra hours at work and by the time I get off work, the gym will be closed. Unless I get up at 6 am on those days, I will not be able to make it. I just might do that. I have problems waking up in the morning because my blood pressure and heart rate get really erratic and low during the early morning so unless I feel okay those days I will not be able to go in the morning.

My eating has not been so great the last few days. I've barely been eating most of the time. It seems like no matter if I eat 200 calories a day or 2000, my weight has stayed the same the last few weeks--as in, the same, down to the ounce. 101.6 pounds. I don't understand what's going on with my metabolism. Obviously, my body is really resistant to losing or gaining weight even with intense exercise. Any ideas what's going on?

p.s. I miss you guys!

ETA: I almost had to go to the ER the day before yesterday because my heart was racing and skipping beats. I've been having problems with it lately so I need to seriously think about easing up on the cardio.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mizzo -

I really believe all the health symptoms that you list are directly related to your eating disorder. If you get that part under control, workout at a decent pace but not insane, and eat nutrient dense unprocessed foods, your body will recover.

Mineral deficiencies for example, can cause the blood pressure and heart rate to get really erratic as you stated. I'm not saying to take a mineral supplement, but rather get it from the foods you consume.

Juices (that you make with your own juicer) would be a good choice for you, as you can derive the maximum amount of nutrition from the food in a way that a weakened body can easy assimilate. They require much less digestion.

Smoothies are a good choice too.

Beating yourself up with that intense cardio & weight training is only making it harder for your system to recover; The situation becomes even more exacerbated in a nutrient deficient state.

I don't know how long you have been dealing with the eating issue, but it will most likely take some time to recover once you start giving your body what it needs, in the way of nutrients. You will go through the "healing crisis" in which you will experience highs & lows, detox and healing symptoms.

If you stay on course, slow & steady, you can rebuild. I think it would do you good if you could find a "support buddy" that could hold your hand through the tough times, so you won't be tempted to slip back into old unhealthy habits.

Hang in there...

Okay so I have somewhat more concrete goals now. I've been reading various websites and I read an article that said if you want to look like, whomever it may be, you need to work out and eat like that person and eventually your body will change. So I've chosen as my goal that I want to look like Kelly Ripa minus the deflated breasts. I think her body fat must be insanely low though because even when I was 80 pounds, I still had a full B cup chest even though my body fat was only supposedly 5%. Now my body fat is more like 10-14% or so my scale says. I have an Iron Girl scale that's amazing and it includes body fat percent, total body water percent, bone mass, calories needed to maintain weight (which I think it way inaccurate--it says I need like 2300 calories a day to maintain, which is insane --maybe if I was running 20 miles a day or something), and it also rates your fitness on a scale of 1-9, 9 being the best and it also states what your fitness age is. LOL It says my fitness age is the youngest possible age, which is 12. I don't really know about that assessment either.

So here are some pics of what I want to look like. I will try to update later when I am home from work (at work right now, just discovered we have wireless and are allowed to bring our laptops! woot!)

She looks amazing although I also think her body fat is a little too low. Cue the somewhat saggy, deflated breasts. I can see why a lot of fitness models get breast implants if that's what happens when the body fat gets too low. With my working out, that's what I aspire to look like. I'm in love with her abs. Killer obliques she's got there. :burst: I want to see more pics! off to obsessively search for more

here

looking hot

more

and I have more, but now my mouse won't right click! damnit

here's more google images

Hmmm...

She is ripped to the max, for sure.

I'm not sure if I care for her look all that much in those pics... My preference is more towards "softer" women, lol.

But that is just one guys opinion. As far as her deflated breasts...she is almost 40 yrs. old, and has three children. I think that may be a *normal* occurrence...

She might be a bit more filled out, if there was more fat in her body. It's more like her being older her skin doesn't recover after the weight loss as good/fast as when you are younger.

Her bodyfat is very very low and you can easily get to show abs even with more bodyfat than that. You just have to build size. And that's what I'd recommend you to do as well.

I know the feeling you might have about your legs. To me my eye sore is my hips, which I think are too wide when compared to the rest of my body. So I try to build size to my upperbody to get the attention away from my hips.

Though I don't think your legs are fat - not at all. Your legs look very solid and muscular, not fat. I'd love to see you going to the gym and start building size to your muscles. You'd look really good, I'd say.

HCPinGviini

Thank you for the response! On a daily basis, I waver back and forth as to whether or not I want to gain any size so obviously, the amount I'm eating isn't too consistent either. My body fat is pretty low so I guess the reason my abs aren't showing is because they're not big enough? What do you think?

Today

Today and yesterday I've had the days off from working out because I worked 12 hours yesterday and I'm working 12 hours today. I will be back in the gym tomorrow morning though.

Food today:

80 oz water

Lunch: Amy's Non-Dairy Bean and Rice burrito (300)

Snack: Hummus and Pita chips (200)

Dinner: 2 servings High Protein Special K (200)

snack: 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (300?)

snack: sour mambas (220)

Edited by mizzourunner

HCPinGviini

Thank you for the response! On a daily basis, I waver back and forth as to whether or not I want to gain any size so obviously, the amount I'm eating isn't too consistent either. My body fat is pretty low so I guess the reason my abs aren't showing is because they're not big enough? What do you think?

Well, yes. Usually women have it harder to get to the point where their abs are showing and usually the first thing to do is to make them bigger - and then get ripped. If you're just burning the fat out you'll just end up looking like a starved kid with no breasts. As your boobs would be long gone before you could see your tiny abdominal muscles.

So I recommend you to try working out those abs with added weight and more protein (and calories) to your diet to get them grow. Try to get some healthy fats as well - your brain needs it. Try a tea spoonful of flax seed oil per day and raise it to two or more tablespoons per day as you get used to the taste.

And don't worry about your thighs - the reason they look big to you is because it's your anorexia talking and you shouldn't listen to what it says. You don't have the need to measure yourself in any scale right now. Instead of thinking of how your body is, think about all the things your body's able to do and what you want to be able to do in the near future. And you need a strong body to be able to do so. Strong and well-being body. And you're able to get it, you're strong enough to beat the anorexia out of you and be healthy and happy for the rest of your life.

Your thighs look really great and strong and surely it's due to all the running and cardio you do. You should be proud of how they've turned out to be. if you want to balance your body somehow then you should start building your upper body. Don't worry, it takes years and steroids to get huge. But trained arms and back look amazing!

But remember, you're strong and you can and YOU WILL BEAT THIS!

^^^Thank you for the advice. I am going to try to do better starting today.

WOMM:

I was going to go to the gym this morning, but I am too wiped from working 24 hours on Saturday and Sunday to go. I will be going this evening after work instead.

Food:

usual litany of supplements (calcium + D, magnesium, CoQ10, Acai, B complex)

breakfast:

1 tbsp peanut butter (100)

2 pieces wheat toast with cranberry, mint orange marmalade (250)

snack:

sour mambas (bad sugar addiction)(300)

lunch:

stirfried brown rice and tofu with teriyaki (400)

1 tbsp peanut butter (100)

2 Calcium + D

Magnesium

planned for the rest of the day-

snack:

Protein shake with 2 scoops Spirutein Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Powder, 1 cup 8th Continent light vanilla soymilk, cinnamon, cocoa, ice (300)

dinner:

1.5 cups high protein special k (200)

totals: 1750 calories, 75 grams protein, 100 oz water

Usual supplements.

Breakfast:

1 cup High Protein Special K

Snack:

Earnest Eats Almond Trail Mix Granola Bar

30 oz water

Postworkout:

1/2 cup beans

Lunch:

Greenland sushi roll with wasabi and low sodium soy sauce

44 oz crystal light strawberry orange banana

tbc

Workout:

10 minutes Arc Machine

350 crunches

5 different machines that work biceps/triceps/shoulders/back/chest

45 dumbbell squats using 12.5 pound dumbbells in each hand

Not a very good workout today. Not feeling well.