BlueRose's diet/exercise diary of Les Mills Combat!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! Just wanted to say hi!

I've been away from the forum a lot lately...just been using FB and Twitter mostly on my 8-week tour so far, but got back in the community this past week and wanted to give a shout out.

Great to have you here!!!

Hey! Just wanted to say hi!

I've been away from the forum a lot lately...just been using FB and Twitter mostly on my 8-week tour so far, but got back in the community this past week and wanted to give a shout out.

Great to have you here!!!

Hey there! Great to be here as well. Yeah, I've been following you over at FB/Twitter as Blue Rose/TeaAddictedGeek. Blue Rose is more my personal account where I tend to talk more about veganism, Doctor Who, and various other fandoms. It's also uncensored. I'm more apt to discuss fitness on the TeaAddicted accts, and I get a lot of questions there. You know, the usual: "What do you do for protein?"

I can't tell you how many times I run into people who ask me or others about being vegan and bodybuilding. I've been emailed under my coach account, seen postings up at Muscle and Fitness Hers, you name it. I typically refer them to your book and if possible, this site and veganfitness.net. I also luuuurve showing your picture to people who insist vegans are all dying, "transparent", and anorexic. Call it a guilty pleasure.

Good luck on your tour!! It sounds like a lot of fun. I personally love and adore traveling and wish I had more time and money to do both--especially time.

Take care,

Andrea

• 3 weeks later...

Currently more than halfway through the Insanity recovery week! Month 1 is in the books, and Month 2 starts next week!

Happy to announce the following items of progress since I started:

-Graduated from 10 lb weights to 15 for most exercises, 8 to 10 for others

-Can now do full pushups versus modified.

Awwwwesome. <3

Sat:

20 min of resistance band work, dumbbell deadlifts, tricep work

Last Core Cardio and Balance exercise, and thus ended recovery week!

I went to my sports massage therapist...VERY happy I had made that appointment and it was perfectly timed. I definitely needed some adjustments.

Today's my rest day, going to spend it doing some stretching and light yoga.

Okay! My fit test results:

Switch Kicks: 82 -> 122 -> 150 (singles)

Power Jacks: 43 -> 50 -> 56

Power Knees: 77 -> 95 -> 97

Power Jumps: 56 -> 59 -> 68

I managed to have perfect form for the FIRST TIME, then suffered halfway through with an asthma attack, had to stop, recover, then redo after a period of rest. Naturally I couldn't get my knees as high as I did to start. O well.

Globe Jumps: 8 -> 10 -> 13

Suicide Jumps: 14 -> 19 -> 21

Push-Up Jacks: 12 -> 28 -> 40 (modified)

Low Plank Oblique: 75 -> 93 -> 108 (singles)

Tonight is Max Interval Circuit. O. Holy. Hell.

Great Fit test results!

Month 2 is a mental challenge. Everyone I know wanted to quit at times. Get those carbs up

Yup! Been trying to add more healthy carbs to the mix: bought Ezedkiel bread, made quinoa/beans/and salsa salad...doing my best to be as creative as I can.

Tonight I did Max Interval Circuit. O holy hell. XD

Fri:

Morning: Weightlifting, did some reps with the 20 lb dumbbells

Eve: Max Interval Cardio

Today: Max Interval Plyo

The exercises are still challenging but nowhere near as hateful as when I first did them. Awesome.

Had something of a mini-workout while my friend took some "post one month of Insanity" pics of me. I'll be posting them once I get them from her.

Chiro appt today, continuing to amaze and fascinate this poor woman with tales of my Insanity workouts. I still am loving the question "What are you doing for core exercises?"

Thursday was Max Recovery, yesterday was Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs. Already autoscheduled a nice week of Core Cardio and Balance after my first round, rather like recovery week. Then once I have the funds, I'm getting P90X and will do the hybrid.

Totally worth it!

Fourth Fit Test results:

Switch Kicks: 82 -> 122 -> 150 -> 150 (singles)

Power Jacks: 43 -> 50 -> 56 -> 62

Power Knees: 77 -> 95 -> 97 -> 103

Power Jumps: 56 -> 59 -> 68 -> 71

Globe Jumps: 8 -> 10 -> 13 -> 14

Suicide Jumps: 14 -> 19 -> 21 -> 22

Push-Up Jacks: 12 -> 28 -> 40 -> 44 (modified)

Low Plank Oblique: 75 -> 93 -> 108 -> 116 (singles)

This morning was yoga, tonight is Max Interval Plyo.