Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 9 weeks til my first bikini comp!(down to 8 weeks)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:56 pm 
Elephant

Sounds like you're doing an awesome job getting ready for your comp. I also recently started cutting back what I eat, and am also at 143lbs. But I think you look a lot better than I do. Just remember that if you cheat on your diet that you can go right back to eating clean. One thing that helps me is that once a week I will treat myself to a vegan treat of some sort. But then I have to be good the rest of the week. That way I don't feel deprived.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:19 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks Amanda! I have been doing 60 second intervals and 15 second rest on cardio. I got that from the Spartacus workout which rocks! You probably don't need a trainer bc you are slim as long as you can kick your own booty! I bet you have made changes. I never thought so until I looked at my pics. Oh, I heard pure insanity was great too!

Thank you hsorlando! Did you tell me your comp was next year? What do you typically eat?

Post subject: Tuesday
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:35 pm 
Rabbit

Okay, so I started out great with my green smoothie which held me over till 11:00. I stopped at public and bought portobello mushrooms and ate them with artichoke hummus! Yum!! Then, the dreaded mini teddy grahams got me! I can't make changes eating processed junk.....I had a black bean wrap for dinner, edamame and a green smoothie after my workout. Total cal were 1250. I have a very hard time eating the exact same food every day at th same time. I just got burnt out on my old diet.. I had no idea how bad meat and poultry Is for your body until I started researching. This diet has changed my life!

cardio
Hiit 60 on 15 sec rest 30 min
Leg day tomorrow with heavy weight!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:00 pm 
Rabbit

so I know this wasn't the main point of your posts fitchick32..but the fact that you mentioned that I'm slim is really sweet! I look at fitness models in magazines and think they're sooo far from where I am, and I wonder if I can ever get there! Hopefully I don't need a trainer BUT if I do I'll remember SOMEONE told me I looked good before I started in on all this madness :p
Also, it sounds like you're doing great with your food; everyone makes mini-slips every now and again! hsorlando is right, you can always start eating clean the next meal. Every moment we live is another chance to remake ourselves right?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:18 pm 
Rabbit

You are slim! At least you don't have a ton of body fat to lose like I did or still do..... Those fitness models started like we did. You will get there! oxygen Mag is my favorite! You do so well on your diet. I wish I could.

I love the last line!

I am starving but I am not going to eat anything else!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:59 am 
Rabbit

I'm obsessed with Oxygen Magazine too! hope you have a great day today!

Post subject: Wed
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:39 pm 
Rabbit

My kids are sitting next to me on the sofa eating goldfish and watching Shrek! I will not eat those fish! I did not workout today because I spent pretty much all day cleaning.

Meals
1. Green smoothie
2. Hummus wrap, mixed greens and sunflower kernels
3. Almonds/cheerios
4. Pasta with marinara and honey( strange I know)

I will push hard for the next 4 days and sunday I have 2 week pics to take

Post subject: Thursday-Terrible diet day
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:26 pm 
Rabbit

I really need to start cutting the carbs out after lunch! My diet pretty much sucked today and it left me feeling terrible.....it's my own fault. The good news is, I can tell I have made changes in the last 2 weeks and my husband says so. I don't think my friends believe I can do this eating fruit! Whatever, I will show them because the fruit is helping me and I missed out on it so much this last year and looking at chicken in a bag makes me want to throw up. Yes, that is how I used to eat it.....on the go in a bag. gross

So I go to the natural market today and was asking the owner some questions and he is like well we don't advocate vegatarianism it's a good cleansing diet for 6 months....blah blah. I didn't ask his opinion did I? I told him I felt terrible eating so much chicken and beef that is why I switched and he said it was probably the quality of the meat. It is possible but I don't believe it. I think my body was way too acidic and if I would have kept on that route, I probably would have become very sick. He said that two of the big chicken factories use arsenic in their chicken? What?

1. Green smoothie with flax seeds, soaked almonds
2.small piece of cheese b.c my daughter gave it to me
3. Zaxby's salad without chicken, bread and fries(yeah, this is where I screwed up)and the darn mini teddy grahams(get them out of my house!)
4. hummus wrap with romaine and sunflower kernels(the crunch is awesome on those), 2 small pieces of veggie pizza
I think I carb overloaded today
I didn't calculate my calories today but even though I ate bad I don't think I went over 1776 which is my max.
Training
Plyometrics on legs
Biked

I think I should do all upper body one day and then lower alternating for 3 days and take one day off. That might work better for me.

My comp is in Nov but not 100% sure I will compete. Our daughter's bday is next month and then christmas is around the corner so it really depends on finances. I will not stop though! I love making changes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:51 pm 
Rabbit

Have you thought of including Tofu or Tempeh into your diet? Also, my boyfriend loves Seitan and it seriously tastes exactly like chicken. I think it's gross but it has like 22 grams of protein per serving. It would probably fill you up and make you crave those darn teddy grahams less! :p Also, have you tried chugging water when you get cravings? I know it sounds silly, and I only use this as a last resort, but if I get hungry late at night and I know I won't sleep well if I eat that close to bed I chug a bunch of water until my stomach is full and I don't feel hungry any more. It's a bit sloshy but better than eating something you'll be bummed about later!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:50 am 
Rabbit

I have had some tofu but not good with recipes yet. I have never tried Seitan but will get some next time I go to the store. Next time I get a craving I will chug some water. So far today my diet has been perfect! I appreciate your help! Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:56 pm 
Stegosaurus

If you don't mind some sodium (temporary water retention )pickles are only 5 calories each and hot broth is also filling.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:06 pm 
Rabbit

I like pickles but not so much broth. Thank you!

Post subject: Friday
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:15 pm 
Rabbit

Much better diet day! I started off with my green smoothie with brown rice protein. For lunch the fam had chick fil a but I had a hummus wrap with sunflower kernels. For my snack I ate celery with peanut butter and did not have dinner just had some chocolate banana superfood muffin my kids and I made. No oil and no eggs! I did 100 pushups and biked 9 miles. My calories were 1230. I didn't eat enough greens today. My cycle is in a few days and that is why I have been cheating on Teddy grahams and other junk. I may wait to take pics on Sunday bc I am retaining a lot of water. I am excited because I have noticed changes on my back and upper!

Post subject: Monday
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:53 pm 
Rabbit

Rough weekend bc my kids are sick so my training and diet suffered. My kids come first and I can always get back on track. I am thinking about increasing my cals to go on a bulking dirt but I am afraid of gaining too much fat in the process. Not sure what to do. Back on track tomorrow!

Post subject: Tuesday
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:54 pm 
Rabbit

1. Green smoothie
2. Almonds
3. 2 bean burritos
4. Green smoothie with pb and brown rice protein after workout

Legs
Squats 45 lb x 20 3 sets
Lunges 10 lb x 20, 20 lb x 20
Jumping lunges
Frog jumps
Curls 20 lbs. X 12 reps, 3 sets
Concentration curl 20 lb x 7 reps
Wide bar curl x 3 sets
Jump rope intervals 60/15
Biked 18 miles burned about 500
I ate a few nutter butter cookies
Total calories were 1500

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next