Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: I want to compete in bikini division within the year!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:52 pm 
Rabbit

I hope all is well soon.

We are all entitled to diet failures :) You are doing awesome with yours.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:35 pm 
Rabbit

I must have been just preparing for today, because when I set out for a jog this afternoon, I ended up running for 2 hours! It felt good and it's such an amazing de-stressor.

meal 1: green smoothie with vega (110) banana (70) blueberries (30) 1 tbsp brown rice protein (60) green antioxidant powder (30)

meal 2: apple (70)

post-workout: vega (110)

meal 3: banana (70) blueberries (30) spinach (15)

meal 4: tempeh (240) avocado (100) salsa (15) made into awesome veggie patties wrapped in bok choy leaves

meal 5: cocoa powder (20)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:42 pm 
Rabbit

great night out! it's still going but I wanted to write down my food really quick :)
meal 1: 1/2 cup steel cut oats (150) 2 tbsp brown rice protein (120) 1 tbsp flaxseed meal (30)
meal 2: 5 dried apricots (50?)
meal 3: tempeh (240) and avocado (100) and salsa (15) blended together to make a veggie patty wrapped in bok choy leaves (15)
meal 4: nectarine (70)
meal 6: dinner out with papa doms and grilled veggies in this awesome sauce. had a few bites of lentil soup but brought the rest home! (400-500)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:25 pm 
Rabbit

I love reading your journal! Btw, I have the same bikini as you do! lol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:48 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks Brianna! It's nice to know someone is reading all the crap I write every day :p I loooove this bikini, did you get it from target? lol. I did it's so cute!

Today was a home day. Just stayed in with some friends and watched the football games (I like the chargers and the broncos, both had a rough day!) but I made some awesome snacks and felt totally guilt-free about my football indulgences! Also I did the Jillian Michaels no more trouble zones dvd and it was hard! Tomorrow should be a run day.

meal 1: 1/2 cup steel cut oats (150) 2 tbsp brown rice protein powder (120) blueberries (30) cocoa powder (15)

meal 2: nectarine (70)

meal 3: *this was actually me totally grazing during the game...didn't have real meals! Luckily I got my homework done at the same day, so it was a productive and fun day!* 1 papaya (100) lentil soup from last night (100) bean sprouts (50) nectarine (70)

meal 4: acorn squash (100) salad with spinach (15) salsa (15) almonds (180) carrot (30) 1/2 tbsp olive oil (50)

meal 5: delicious delicious dessert! If you haven't tried this, you definitely should! 1 frozen banana (70) 2 tbsp cocoa powder (20) 1 tsp vanilla extract and a dash of stevia. Put in the food processor. blend. devour. Thank me later. Best guilt-free ice cream on the planet :) I think I'm in love with it. Also I had some of that green antioxidant powder in a drink. I pretend it's super good for me, but I also love the taste! (30)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:40 pm 
Rabbit

Yes, a Target purchase! =)
I love the banana ice cream. I found it tastes best if I make it in my food processor and let it go for awhile.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:24 pm 
Rabbit

Ahh! Yesterday I forgot to post my food! And now I don't remember exactly what I ate. I DO remember it was an average day as far as food goes, so I can assume that means something like oatmeal for breakfast, a nectarine for a snack , a salad or a wrap for lunch and probably a smoothie for dinner. Lol I'm so predictable. Today isn't much different.

meal 1: smoothie with 1/4 almonds (180) chai vega whole foods health optimizer (120) 1/3 cup blueberries (30)

meal 2: nectarine! (70)

meal 3: went out to lunch at this amazing restaurant called watercress, they have some great vegan food! I got a huge salad with apples, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, avocado, and seitan (this was fried and totally gross, I actually felt sick after that!) Because of the avocado and seitan I would think this meal is closer to 700 cals

meal 4: vega whole food health optimizer (I need to stop drinking it or I'll run out fast! But it's so. freaking. good.)

post-workout: vega protein (110)

meal 5: smoothie made from 1/2 banana (45) 1/4 cup oats (75) lettuce (15) 1/6 cup blueberries (15) 1 tbsp brown rice protein (60) and 1 tbsp cocoa powder (10)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:09 pm 
Rabbit

Happy Birthday!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:35 pm 
Rabbit

haha ahh did I put that on my info somewhere? Thank you!! I'll get to have more of a celebration this weekend, but going out to lunch today was nice :) that's so sweet!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:15 pm 
Rabbit

Yep, when we were talking about pics you mentioned your bday! Have fun this weekend!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:51 pm 
Rabbit

Man! I'm not on top of it with my food journal. Yesterday I had 2 smoothies (one for breakfast and one for lunch) and a squash for dinner and some tempeh. I had vega after working out, a nectarine for snack. The usual. Okay moving on to today....

I recently found this website crazysexylife.com and I love it! A lot of the articles are by Kris Carr, the girl who made the documentary Crazy Sexy Cancer. I haven't seen the movie yet; but it's supposed to be about this girl with "incurable" cancer who took a totally wholistic approach and vowed to abolish her cancer through diet and lifestyle changes. I ordered the movie and want to see it now! While I don't personally have cancer, I have a lot if friends who are deeply affected by it, and I'd be interested in what they have to say about the effect of diet and lifestyle on our health. I believe in the power of wholeness completely; and am hoping to haev the willpower/soundness of mind to experiment with it a bit myself. I recently turned 25 and although I'm really happy with my life I'm finding areas that I want to "detox"; if I have negative thoughts or people in my life I want to get rid of them! I truly want to embrace life more and be a more joyful person. Part of that is having a detoxifying diet. I feel like it's hard to do that for me; I normally eat pretty healthy, and I find the more I think about trying to eat healthy the harder it is. It's just easy to eat what I like and not focus on "alkalanizing" or "raw" or any of those other things. I usually get bummed out when I try to change my diet from what I'd normally try to eat. BUt I really do want to know about if eating alkalanizing food really does reduce inflammation and lead to greater health. I originally wanted to dive right in and have just veggie smoothies all day and feel the magic! But I think I'd go batty. So I'm trying to gradually incorporate more and more of those foods into my diet, while making sure they are delicious and nourishing :) Took a day off from working out today because I realized I hadn't in over a week! Feels nice but strange to have so much extra time.

Meal 1: smoothie (already doing great! lol) with 1 scoop vega whole food health optimizer (120) 1/2 banana (45) 1 scoop brown rice protein (60) lots of mized greens (15)

meal 2: nectarine (70)

meal 3: miso soup with 1 tbsp miso (40) 1 sheet nori (10) seitan (140) 1/4 cup edamame (60) carrot (30) daikon (30) onion (10)

meal 4: nectarine (70)

meal 5: tried another green smoothie with JUST greens and whole food health optimizer and it ended up being way too much volume-wise and just the taste in general wasn't good. Only drank like half of it. The other half is waiting for me in the fridge tomorrow (gah! it's aliiive!!!!) (100)

meal 5 continued...consoled myself with an apple (70) and almonds (180) and cocoa powder (20) and blueberries! (30) soooo much better tasting it's not even funny. It's amazing what a little fruit can do for a smoothie! I might blend some into my veggie one tomorrow to break up the taste. That's it!

Have a great day.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:58 pm 
Rabbit

Progress pics tomorrow! I honestly don't know if I've made any progress these past few weeks, but I feel like I've been slowly moving towards a diet and exercise plan that's best for me. I've experimented with so many things in such a short period of time, that I haven't yet "settled" into the best way to do everything for me. First I tried heavy lifting, then p90x, and now (after reading the bikini preparation guide) I realize I really don't need to build muscle, I just need to shape and tone my legs and make sure my waist is small and my arms are toned. I've recently started doing cardio every other day and jillian michaels no more trouble zones on the other days. As far as diet goes, I've gone from higher protein to experimenting more with raw, and now I'm moving towards somewhat of a mix between the two. I'm excited to see how everything turns out in the long run!

pre-workout: 1/2 apple (45)

meal 1: smoothie with 1 scoop brown rice protein (60) banana (70) coconut oil (50) spinach (15) and 1/3 cup blueberries (30)

meal 2: 1/2 apple (70)

meal 3: smoothie with 2 tbsp pb (180) cocoa powder (20) papaya (70) spinach (15) cilantro (10)

meal 4: dinner out where I had hummus and pita bread, an amazing salad with blackberries, avocado, onions, pineapple, and grapes (500-700)

Didn't feel too hungry today honestly! But felt way energized :) Now I'm dead tired even though it's only 10pm lol...going out to dinner with friends and an exhausting week will do that!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:52 am 
Rabbit

I think I might be making progress!

Attachments:
1 Oct 2010 6.jpg
1 Oct 2010 6.jpg [ 22.24 KiB | Viewed 2027 times ]
1 Oct 2010 3.jpg
1 Oct 2010 3.jpg [ 23.21 KiB | Viewed 2027 times ]
1 Oct 2010 2.jpg
1 Oct 2010 2.jpg [ 22.36 KiB | Viewed 2027 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:54 am 
Rabbit

...and 2 more

Attachments:
1 Oct 2010.jpg
1 Oct 2010.jpg [ 31.6 KiB | Viewed 2027 times ]
1 Oct 2010 4.jpg
1 Oct 2010 4.jpg [ 21.15 KiB | Viewed 2027 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:27 pm 
Rabbit

Wow! I can totally see changes! You are doing awesome! Keep it up! You have a tiny waist!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next