Paige's Training Journal for upcoming Legacy Championships

So, I think it is time that I put up my training log. I love reading everyone else's. I am doing Figure at the Legacy Championships in Reno, NV on 8/22 and The San Diego Natural physique and figure rounds on 9/11. Currently 144lbs (5' 7") shooting for 138 for Reno. Right now I am hungry and cold alot. Training is daily. I took Sun. off for the first time in 2 weeks. Today I did abs/back/chest:

bench press

pec deck

pull downs

side rows

pull ups

oblique crunch

decline sit up

leg raises

v-ups

3 sets of 15 reps of everything

afterwards 35 minutes of running with 7 one minute sprints mixed in

Food is the same everyday. I think I'll post that tomorrow. Today I got my figure posing routine from my coach and we worked on posing. Legacy figure has six mandatory open handed poses. It was awesome and I love my routine. Lots of fun. I am so excited for the upcoming comp. Also feel great because 9 weeks ago I was 164 lbs.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty disappointed in myself today. Bad diet day yesterday. I don't know why I lost it so badly. The good thing is that I just over ate what I normally eat. Way too many protein shakes, raw almonds, and oatmeal. I actually got myself sick. I hate slipping. But got up this morning, ran for 65 mins and worked on posing. Back in the saddle and back on track today.

djshrew-thanks for the acknowledgement. Let me know if you like side rows for back.

Good day yesterday. Did bis/tri/shoulders:

tri press, bench dips, tri kickbacks

alt bicep curls, barbell curls, close handed pullups

military press, side raises, front raises

30 mins run

10 mins posing routine practice (can't believe how many cals that burns)

food was good:

4am 1 scoop pea prot w/ 1/2 banana 2 cups coffee

7am 1/2c. oatmeal 2 sc pp w/ banana

9:30 1/2oz. almonds and an apple

12:00 steamed veggies with seitan

2:30 1 scoop protein powder

5:00 lots of steamed veggies with romaine and bag of raw spinach w/ balsamic vin and Tbl. flax seed oil

7:30 one scoop gemma with 1/2c soy milk

2 1/2 weeks out and starting to get a bit nervous. The gemma killed my stomach this morning.

Thanks! Feels good to be back on track after my slip on Sat. I use unsweetened Silk soy milk, I think it is 4g carbs for the 1/2 cup. I have to watch those soy milks, alot of them have evaporated cane juice in them. I like the gemma for the amino acid profile (the best next to whey) and also one scoop of the gemma from True Protein (20 grams) is 17g protein and maybe one carb, 75 cals. Although I agree that it is really tough on the stomach. My gemma shakes this morning left me in pain.

yesterday was pretty good. I did abs/back/chest. 35 min run. Finally got to the chiro to fix the pain in my neck and hip. Although I was tired yesterday and really hungry. Food was as usual.

4am gemma w/banana and coffee

7am oatmeal, 2 sc gemma, 1 banana

9:30 almonds and apple

12:00 veggies w/pumpkin and seitan

2:30 1 sc gemma

5:00 steamed veg w/romaine, one bag spianch, bals vin, and flax

7:30 1 sc gemma, 1/2 c soy milk

I am thinking about adding more pp to my day as I think I need more protein.

This morning I did legs

leg ext,

leg curl

leg press

glute kick backs

inner thigh mach

outer thigh machine

ball squats

3 sets 15 reps of all

I did 35 mins of cardio after legs. It may have been my leg workout but my heart rate was really high for me in my run. I had to get really slow to keep it under 170. My HR never goes above 150 unless I am sprinting. It was strange. I did 15 mins of posing routine work afterwards. Posing routine looking really good. I think I am going to leave cardio at only 30 mins/day now and work more on my posing and routine.

Thanks for the check in! I have been having some problems with my diet. This weekend was not good. I don't know why I am struggling. I think the pressure of trying to get to a certain weight is too much. I was 144 on Fri and that is the weight I am going to come in at for this show in 2 weeks. My training has been good and I am happy with the way I look right now. Better muscle definition than I have had before. I just get so wrapped up in the numbers. Last night I went out with my boyfriends family and watched everyone eat while I just sat there in disgust with the loss of life on the table and the level of obesity in the 9 people around me. Although the smell of sourdough bread dipped in garlic and olive oil was cruel and unusual.

Paige, you're so good. I don't know, it's just a theory, but I've always thought that training legs then doing cardio like running or cycling is always going to be more intense than doing that kind of cardio after training any other major muscle groups.

Does all that gemma bother your stomach?

I think that you are right about legs and cardio. I have not had the problem since but I do legs/cardio together again on Wed. It will be interesting to see if my HR shoots up again. Right now I am practically living on gemma, as I am trying to drop as many carbs as possible. It seems to get easier on the stomach once you get used to it and also alot of green tea really helps.

Yesterday I did bis/tri/shoulders, 10 mins on posing routine and 30 mins of cardio with sprints. Today I noticed some serious bruising on my left bicep so I did legs instead of my scheduled chest/back/abs. After my weekend slip I changed food for a few days to:

4am gemma pea protein w/banana coffee

7am gemma w/banana

9:30 gemma

12:00 steamed veggies w/seiten

2:30 gemma

5:00 steamed veggies, romaine, spinach w/ balsamic vin and flax

7:30 gemma w/almond milk

Sunday all I did was gemma and one banana

I am going to try and do the above through tomorrow and then get on the scale on Thurs to see if I fixed my slip up. If so I will add back my apple, oatmeal and some almonds. I am feeling pretty depleted today though.

Thanks for the encouragement. Actually, I have been off track with my food for the last week. I don't know why I have had such a struggle when I have been dieting without a struggle for 10 weeks. 2 wks before a comp I just crashed and burned. I think I have been trying to cut my already limited calorie intake and I reacted with binge eating. After 20 comps I should know better then to do that. So I am debating doing next week's show and just doing the Sept San Diego show. I got myself back on track yesterday. No extremes or trying to "fix it" just back on my solid program. I will decide by Thurs if I will go. It will depend on the scale and how I look in my suit at that time. I am trying to remind myself that I compete for my health and for what the BB lifestyle ads to my life, not to beat myself up if I am not perfect.

Training and diet have been good for the last few days. Today I did bi/tris/shoulders. Changed up my bis/tris program a bit as I think I needed to make changes to increase results. Yesterday I had an extra scoop of gemma because I was hungry. I am trying to remember that it is ok to add something in on my plan when I need to. No starving and no overtraining. Easy to say and really hard to do. Still debating about Sat comp. My suit looks good but the numbers are up on ths scale. No decision until Thursday.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for checking in. I have really been struggling with diet for the last few weeks. I just can't seem to find my drive to get comp ready. Although I have been eating large amounts for the last few weeks I have only put on 5lbs so not so bad. My training has been good with 7 days of running and 3 days a week of weight training. I am doing about 30miles per week so I think that has kept my weight under control even though I sometimes eat up to 5000 cals a day. (crazy, huh?) And yes it is all good stuff. I am going to shoot for the Natural Universe in L.A. on 11/6. I am hoping that will motive me. I will try and post daily to keep myself in check and pushing forward.

Good day yesterday with

2 scoops gemma pea, banana

2 large bowls of green veggies with balsamic and flax seed oil

one can pumpkin

one apple

to sore to train yesterday since I did two days of 1 1/2 hour runs so my knees were on fire. This morning I ran for 1 1/2 hrs. at 5am for 7.5 miles. Nice and slow to protect those joints. Felt good.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been neglecting posting for a while so it is time. Next comp.: Denver 10/30. I have changed up my training a bit. One body part a week with heavier weights. 5 sets per exercise w/6,6,10,10,12 rep range for this week. Cardio 5 days per week at 45 mins, this week. The program was in M&F this month and it looked perfect for me. Just started it on Sat and huge change in cal burn. I usually only burn 500 cals in my workouts and with this program I am burning 725-800 cals per training and only with about an extra 10-15 mins of time in the gym, with less cardio. It is good! My goal is to drop 10lbs by next show and increase muscle size. 7 weeks to go.

Well 6 weeks to go. MY leg workout was so tough on Tues. I am still limping around. I love the new workout program with alot more emphasis on weight training. Trying to drop down on carbs starting today. I have decided to give tofu and tofu meats a try again since that seems to be the only way to really drop carbs, that and my gemma shakes. However, without tofu all I am eating is protein powder so I am going to go the soy route again. I hope that I can still cut up with soy.

• 2 weeks later...