• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31/08/2009

morning session on a sober stomach.

- 2,6 km (1,61 miles) jogging

- stretching

- 100 situps

in the afternoon i did that shoulder workout from last week again. like identically the same.

1. side raises

2. bent over flies

3. arnold press

4. underhand rows

5. 90° side raises + rotation

6. overhand rows

7. pushup-plus

8. front raises

it did this cycle 2 times with 10-15 secs. rest in between each exercice. my dumbells weighted 6kg/13,23lbs.

+ 100 situps

+ 30 secs. with 2kg dumbells: left - right straight punches (fast tempo)

+ 30 secs. with 2kg dumbells: left - right bodyshots (fast tempo)

+ 30 secs. with 2kg dumbells: left - right hooks (fast tempo)

+ 30 secs. with 2kg dumbells: left - right straight punches (fast tempo)

06/09/2009

1. side raises

2. bent over flies

3. arnold press

4. underhand rows

5. 90° side raises + rotation

6. overhand rows

7. pushup-plus

8. front raises

did this cycle 2 times with 10-15 secs. rest in between each exercice. my dumbells weighted 6kg/13,23lbs.

+ 100 pushups

this night i go on a holiday for one week. sunshine, beaches, pools, tons of fresh foods... i can't wait!! after the vacation fight training finally starts again and i can't wait for that either! these two months without it seemed like forever. anyway i'm gonna enjoy this holiday first ow yeah

laterz VBB

• 1 month later...

it's been a while since i updated this log. main reason is that i have a lower back ache that is hurting me. i been to my doctor and she advised me to go see a kine / osteopath. so now friday i have my first appointment and i will see if he can fix that problem. weight training is not for now because it hurts bad afterwards.

past monday i had fight training and the monday before also. i try to summarize what we did past monday 05/10/2009:

- run some laps

- leg stretching

- 3 x 10 pushups

- 3 x 10 squats

- 50 situps + left/ right hit

- left/ right punches on pads

- left/ right combinations on pads

- left/ right combinations on pads vs. left/ right body shots

- 10 pushups

- front kick > roundhouse > low kick combination on partner

- 10 squats

- fist/elbow combinations on the bag

- 2 x 10 pushups

- 2 x 10 squats

- 10 x left/ right low kicks on the heavy bag

- knife vs. knife combinations

- 17 various knife/ stick hits on partner

that was about it i think. i hope i can go training tomorrow (thursday) as of now my back is hurting, even when i'm sitting down like a whole day at work.

- run some laps

- run some more laps but parcours-like. (jumping on and over benches, crawling, left/right punches on pads that lay on the floor)

- clinchwork

- 10 pushups (small stance on knuckles)

- liberation from clinch with one knee to flying ribs

- right straight punch vs. block / right punch

- left straight punch vs. block + neck attack / right punch / ...

- 15 pushups (small stance on knuckles)

- front kick > roundhouse > low kick combination on partner

- 20 pushups (small stance on knuckles)

- right/ left fist/fingers/wrist/handpalm combinations on 2 moving pads

- 25 pushups (small stance on knuckles)

- knife slash attack to the troath vs. bare hands defense + counterattack

- frontal stick attack to the head vs. bare hands defense + counterattack

- 2 hands frontal troath strangle vs. liberation via shoulder movement + counterattack

- 30 pushups (small stance on knuckles)

we probably did more than i can remember now, and i guess it is not that clear what exercices i describe here or how it's done. it would be more easy to see what's going on

• 1 month later...

wow it's been a long time since i been here. even visited the forum. hmm i don't know what to write actually.

been training twice a week now for the last 2 months, but it's too complicated for me to write all the stuff we do on training and find the right words for it in english. therefor i think i will not post anymore fighttraining updates anymore.

maybe an interesting youtube video about some techniques we practice also..

normally in january 2010 i start weight training and running again. when i do that i post the information here.

ok, i'm out again hopefully not that long anymore i say to myself

• 8 months later...

Since April this year i have been running 3 times a week for about 5 (3.10 miles) to 7 (4.35 miles) kilometres per session. Also i do some bodyweight leg exercices like lunges and squats to add some strength and muscle to my legs. I don't go to the gym because it's a cost i can't afford right now. but i enjoy being in nature and slowly but surely i see progress in my condition and in the strength / size of my legs.

In October this year there's a possibility that me and my cousin join a Systema seminar in Paris by Emmanuel Manolakakis. Since our combat training consists more and more of Systema (which i think is a good 'system') it will be good to go to Paris and also enjoy the city for a day.

My eating habits have not changed that much, but i'm working towards getting more proteïn in. After wake up i take a soy protein shake which has about 40g of protein and before bed i take the same. During the day i don't have a diet or whatsoever. Any tips about tasty protein food are welcome. i know i can find them on the internet but often i'm lazy about that

Well i hope i update this log more often, it's for myself also good to see what i'm actually doing to reach my goals.

Good stuff!

As far as tips for protein. I try to bump my protein up quite a bit too, especially if I have s specific goal in mind or if I'm falling short of a goal or not making as much progress as I'd like, etc.

Some easy ways to get extra protein:

Protein drinks

Protein bars

Almonds

Almond butter

Walnuts

Peanuts

Peanut butter

Kale

Spinach

Beans

Tofu

Tempeh

Seitan

Smoothies with lots of greens

Hemp

Pea/Rice protein

Eating frequently ensuring enough total calories.

Carry food with you. Always be prepared ahead of time.

All the best!

-Robert

• 2 weeks later...

As of past friday i'm having a cold and it's holding me back from training. Some people have a cold and don't get affected by it that much but when i have a cold my head feels like a stone brick and my body doesn't feel that well to go out and run / squat / train in general.

so this past weekend i haven't trained, and i don't like it because for a few months now i'm following my program which has turned in some small results already but will be on hold untill i get better. the good thing is that i haven't lost my apetite.

thanks Robert for the protein tips. i actually eat already a lot of them but still i want to take in more protein. i gotta start making protein bars again. maybe later today

i hope i can train by Thursday again so i can still shed some fat and gain a little muscle when i go on my summer vacation. looking forward to the sun, sea, relaxing and endless food on the delicious buffets. YEAH!

Past thursday, saturday and yesterday (monday) i did some workout.

Start with some basic stretching before my house.

Warm-up is 2 km / 1.25 miles jogging to my 'workout spot' which is a steep hill of about 250 m / 0.15 miles. it's a road, no grass or earth.

On that hill i did 4 sets which consisted out of:

- jumping jacks from downhill to uphill

- walk down from uphill to downhill only on the toes

- downhill to uphill 30 lunges

- 20 squats.

Then i run back home which is again 2 km / 1.25 miles and stretch myself loose.

Then at home i do 2 sets of 30 situps followed by 15 pushups on the knuckles.

I think i will keep doing this workout for some time to come and just add more reps and / or sets.

Me and my girlfriend were in New York in May 2010 and we before our trip we did some research of where to eat vegan / vegetarian.

We stayed at http://www.excelsiorhotelny.com just aside from Central Park.

Very close to our hotel was http://www.peacefoodcafe.com and it was delicious there.

After a few days and after our first planned stop at http://www.soyandsake.com/ we didn't go elsewhere anymore to dine. it was just supergood food overthere and the people working there were also very friendly. Plus

When we go back to New York in 2011 we are sure to go eat again at these two places. i recommend them to everyone who wants to eat just delicious food in New York!!

Maybe later i write some more about our visit to the Big Apple.

Sunday and Monday me and my girlfriend went to our belgian North Sea.

Sunday we hired bikes and went for a 30km ride along the coast line.

In the evening we had good chinese food. (rice, vegetables, soy, ...)

Monday we did a 40km ride along the coast line again. First 20km we had a hard wind ahead.

We had very good wholewheat pasta with vegetables and tomato sauce afterwards. i bought myself a protein bar for our return back home.

It was a nice weekend, it was sunny all 2 days and the North Sea always relaxes you

Next tuesday we're going on a holiday to Turkye for a week, can't wait.

Today or tomorrow evening i will do a running / leg training, as well as Saturday and Monday morning.

• 3 weeks later...

We came back from our holiday to Turkye past Wednesday morning after being stuck at the Izmir airport for 8 hours straight. It was due to a strike at our Brussels airport that we had to stay in Turkye for the whole waiting till they started working again in Belgium. Not good to finish a great holiday with. Anyway the holiday was good, we had nice weather each day lovely sunshine and the food in the hotel was good and varied as well.

I decided to take a gym membership just for the Fall / Winter time. It's in a small gym in my village and it costs € 45 (61,50 USD) for 2 months which is the cheapest i can find in kilometres around where i live.

I plan on training mainly my legs and abs there. In the wintertime I don't like to go outside in the cold and the rain for a training session, for me it will do more bad than good. Probably having a cold every 3 weeks.

So today i went for my first training, wich looked like this:

- stretching

- 20 minutes bikeriding (about 12 minutes with strong counterpower)

- leg press (which presses one leg at a time): 1 x 10 (70 kg - 154.32 lbs) / 2 x 10 (80 kg - 176.37 lbs) / 1 x 10 very slowly(80 kg - 176.37 lbs)

- leg extensions (one leg at a time): 3 x 20 (20 kg - 44 lbs)

- stretching

- ab training with 35 kg - 77.16 lbs counterweight

• 1 month later...

I been training my legs now for about one month and a half. I train 2 or 3 times a week. Yesterdays training looked like this:

- 7,5 km cycling in 20 minutes

-stretching

- leg press (which presses one leg at a time) - no rest in between sets of the same weight:

2 x 10 (80kg) / 2 x 8 (90kg) / 1 x 6 + 1 x 5 + 1 x 4 (100kg)

- leg extensions (one leg at a time): 1 x 10 (25kg) / 1 x 8 (30kg) / 1 x 6 + 1 x 5 + 1 x 3 (35kg)

- stretching

- ab training on ab machine with 40kg counterweight: 1 x 40 + 1 x 30

I notice that bit by bit my legs start growing and are getting stronger. My goal is to add muscle, strength and size. Any tips or suggestions are welcome.

• 3 months later...