Hey!

dpremo

Hey everyone,

I'm new. My name's Dylan and I live in Northern California. I've only been a vegan for a few months although it seems like longer. And I've been a vegetarian for seven years (wow, that long?).

When I was eight my dad brought home some chinese food that had duck in it. I thought that ducks were cool and didn't want to contribute to their being killed, so I made an excuse why I didn't want any. Then I started trying to eat less meat in general because I came to the conclusion that no animal deserved to die for me to eat. After a few months I just told my parents I was vegetarian because I knew I was comitted by then and I stopped eating meat all together.

I play guitar and I'm in a punk band called Painful Truth. I love music, mainly Metal and Punk but I like a lot of other stuff too. Some bands I like are Grateful Dead, Slayer, Pantera, Death, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dropkick Murphys, The Misfits, Dead Kennedys, and too many more to mention. I don't know if this is what I'm supposed to be talking about in this division, but hey, why not?

I haven't really started bodybuilding yet. (Maybe I have, is weight loss bodybuilding?). I used to be 185 pounds over a year ago and then last Summer I finally came down to 140 after a year's work. Recently I came back up to 160 and that sucks, but I'm losing it again. I did this with a caloric defficiency which worked really well. It also encouraged me to start eating healthier.

Hey Dylan,

Welcome to the group! I'm happy to see that you joined. There are tons of cool people here from all over the world and from all sprorts backgrounds so you'll meet new friends and learn a lot too.

We hope to hear more from you. Feel free to come by anytime buddy.

All the best,

Robert

Hi Dylan.

You are cleverer than me - great thing to become vegetarian so early! So you're 15/16 now?

I wouldn't recommend to start heavy weight training at that age, but sports and general fitness training is beneficial at every age, of course.

Enjoy the board, welcome

Daywalker

When I was eight my dad brought home some chinese food that had duck in it. I thought that ducks were cool and didn't want to contribute to their being killed, so I made an excuse why I didn't want any. Then I started trying to eat less meat in general because I came to the conclusion that no animal deserved to die for me to eat.

I wish more people would come to this conclusion. It really is SO plain and morally correct. **sighs***

Anyway, your intro made my day! Welcome and I look forward to gettin to know you better.