Ninja Journal Version 5.0

That's right bitch, I went to the gym twice today, and also beat some more PBs. More reps on upright cable row, and seated cable row, and I beat PB on lat pull-down too. Did more cardio than usual today too, want to do more to harvest my flab

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick session at the gym today, but I went around things extra quick with many break downs, my arms are tired. Also beat personal best for dumbbell bench press, it is now 9 x 30kg.

Since Saturday, I have decided to get rid of unnecessary stuff from my diet, drawing a stricter line where I say no to everything. So definitely no:

chips

crisps

cakes

biscuits

sweets

chocolate

Trying to eat raw carrots or protein shakes when I am hungry. Done fine so far, but might also add "no breakfast cereal" to the list since I can eat too much of that way too easily...

Woah, went to the gym again. Smashed my leg press PB by 5 reps. So now up to 20 reps on 120kg. I might go up to 130 I don't know, just don't want to injure myself. Also squeezed out another rep on dumbbell bench press, so now on 10x 30kg. Pretty happy with that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Woop,

Okay, just got back from the gym. I have kept going, though I have been having continued problems with my shoulder since november, I guess from work, doing raking and stuff like that. So I had been taking it easy, and often avoiding shoulder-specific exercises. But they feel much better now. Kicked ass at the gym today and got a huuuuuge pump, I mean serious, my boob muscles were sexy as hell, and I am starting to see my lats from the front under my arms. Good times. Did 20kg x 10 on the cable cross over bench press, which is the most I've done.

• 1 month later...

What? Okay I haven't posted in here for a while, but I have been training. Same basic stuff, though now I am incorporating martial arts, and it's good for cardio since I hate all other forms of cardio basically. Slacked off over christmas, but am back on it again. Especially working on my left leg to get some combination kicks going. Also learnt an entirely new kick for me, which is a hop-turn-sidekick off the front foot. I've always done that off the back foot, so this involves hopping 360 rather than just 180. Will post more soon, perhaps a video

• 2 months later...

Hello

Been getting back to the gym, doing well. Martial arts are really coming along, left leg is doing what it's told. Weights going back up, not up to what I was last year, but getting there.

Bought a blender, and had my first GREEN SMOOTHIE today. I thought it would be intense and make me want to puke all over my penis, but it was actually pretty good! It seems like a really convenient way to get lots of green vegetables into me. I made it with spinach, with some fruit and water. Hopefully this will be the start of an even healthier lifestyle.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, been having kiwi! Also pineapple

Done something to my arm/shoulder. Never mind, I have continued to workout with martial arts and cardio, as well as just some light weights to avoid further injury.

More important, I am now putting protein powder into the green smoothies. And then I drink them - a crucial step which is often overlooked! This should make sure I get enough protein as well as the all the nutrients from spinach and fruit that I normally don't get so much of... I feel like this is such a great way for me to eat healthily - so long as I don't binge on other food in the meantime, which I haven't been doing. Mainly I have been having about 2 litres of smoothie at work, along with a very small amount of oats with sunflower seeds and soy milk, and then when I get home I have a regular cooked meal.

• 4 weeks later...

Just did an hour on the bike. That's 460 calories apparently, according to the 100% accurate computer that is not wired to my body and seems to work by MAGIC. But anyway, I sweated so much that my t shirt was like your face after I pissed all over it, yet was scentless unlike your face.

GOOD TIMES!

It actually was pretty easy, just a matter of determination. I hate cardio because it's so boring, but I guess this is how I will win.

• 3 months later...

NEWS FLASH

I hit 50 push ups today. I'm so happy - that is my max. I did it about 7 years ago, but I was about 11 stone back then, and I am closer to 12 stone now. So it's a real milestone to be back at that level - and even further due to my weight.

Been keeping up with training, and I've been getting a lot of compliments at work which is cool.

• 5 months later...

Okay shit just got real

Been off and on with training over christmas for various reasons including flu, and have been getting back to it again, but not done enough to worry about keeping track. But now I am ready to pump your ass full of sex

Also I am changing how I eat to hopefully become leaner. I have dropped bulky carb foods like bread, pasta and cereals. I am focussing on vegetables, nuts/seeds, with some tofu / soy things, and supplementing with green smoothies and protein shakes. I have also been doing a lot of cardio at the gym.

Okay shit just got real

Been off and on with training over christmas for various reasons including flu, and have been getting back to it again, but not done enough to worry about keeping track. But now I am ready to pump your ass full of sex

Also I am changing how I eat to hopefully become leaner. I have dropped bulky carb foods like bread, pasta and cereals. I am focussing on vegetables, nuts/seeds, with some tofu / soy things, and supplementing with green smoothies and protein shakes. I have also been doing a lot of cardio at the gym.

I've done that too, replacing my grain carbs with fats and slower digesting carbs. Oddly enough my macros are like 33/33/33ish meow.

Balance, ftw.

I feel like I've been eating too many carbs, and it's just so easy for me to over-eat on them. It's harder to "binge" now on this kind of diet, and not such a big deal if I eat a lot. Before, if I sat and ate 3 bowls of cereal or pasta, then that's really bad news. But if I have 2 smoothies and some nuts, it's not so bad.

OKAY OFF TO THE GYM BIATCHES

Alright dickheads, I just got back from the gym sweated my delicious anus off in there.

DID

5 minutes bike

20 squats

dumbbell bench press 30kg x 11, 28kgx 10, 26kgx 10

incline dumbbell bench press 20kg x 10

dumbbell shoulder press 18kg x 10

Shrugs 30kg x 12, 12

bicep hammer curls 14kg x 12, 12, 10

crunches 20, 20, 20, 20

upright cable row 32.5kg x 12, 7, 7

15 minutes on bike

Feeling good. My diet now is looking like this each day roughly. I am actually feeling full from it. The smoothies are pretty big, today for instance I had a bunch of spinach, 2 bananas, pear, kiwi, and water. After a meal that packs me full...

06:45am - Protein shake

10:00am - Nuts, sultanas, carrots, apple

01:00pm - Nuts, sultanas, carrots, apple

04:30pm - Some kind of meal with vegetables, beans, soy... but no bread, pasta or rice

04:45pm - Smoothie with spinach, and various fruits and berries

09:00pm - Protein shake

Yes

Okay now I have 9 days off work, I will be very productive in this time in various areas of life, including the gym. I aim to go every day, and twice on some days. So, this is today so far:

Training:

2 minutes on cross trainer warm up

Rest of the workout was like a circuit, doing 1 set of each exercise one after the other in a circle, but the results were:

No-weight squats: 20, 20, 20

Crunches: 20, 20, 20, 50

Dumbbell bench press: 30kg x11, 7, 7

Incline dumbbell bench press: 26kg x9, 9, 8

Upright cable row: 35kg x12, 10, 10, 10

Hammer curls: 14kg x12

GYM SECOND HELPING:

10 minutes bike

15 minutes rowing machine

5 minutes cross trainer

Breakfast: Dried pineapple

Brunch: 4x burger

Post-workout: Protein shake with flax

Main meal: Rice, spicy tofu strips, stir fry, small serving of chips

Snack: Half a mango

Evening: Protein shake with flax

Not too bad, looking forward to tomorrow

Yeah?

Today so far I have been doing push ups and chin ups through the day, and have reached the goal I set for myself:

200 push ups

100 chin ups

seated row: 50kg x12, x7, x7

Bike 30 minutes

Food

Breakfast: Protein shake with flax, 1 apple

Brunch: Big smoothie with lots of Purple Kale, 1 Pear, 2 Bananas, Mixed Berries

Lunch: Kidney beans with yeast extract

Post-workout: 2 burgers and a protein shake with flax

Evening: Protein shake with flax, half a mango, dried pineapple, nuts and sultanas, salted popcorn

Legs are still sore from Thursday man!

Training:

2 minutes warm up on the rowing machine

Again, did exercises in a circuit one after the other, these are the total sets

Dumbbell bench press: 30kg x10, x8, x8

Dumbbell shoulder press: 16kg x6, x8, x10

Shoulder Raise: 12kg x10

Hammer curls: 14kg x10, x10

Incline Dumbbell press: 16kg x12

Crunches: 24, 22, 20, 10, 10

Martial arts stretching and kicks for 10 minutes

Rowing machine 5 minutes

Food:

Breakfast: Protein shake with flax

Brunch: 2 burgers, kidney beans with yeast flakes

Pre-workout: 3 Bananas

Post-workout: Protein shake with flax, mixed nuts and seeds

Evening: Smoothie - green kale, kiwi, pear, 2 bananas, tropical fruit squash

Okay last night I was seriously bloated and I don't know why. Looking at my food yesterday, all I can think is that I drank a lot of smoothie, then laid down to watch TV. Belly was really swollen, I don't know what's going on

TODAY

Training

30 minutes cardio

(10 rowing, 10 bike, 10 crosstrainer)

Dips: x10, x12, x12

Asked the guy at the gym if I could use the support bars on the treadmill to do dips. He said "no". Nice guy. So I found that I can do them in the corner of my kitchen on the counter, i'll be using that from now on

Food:

Breakfast: 1 banana, 2 burgers, 2 cups of tea

Post-workout: 1 banana, Baked beans

Lunch: Cupful of nuts and sultanas, 1/2 a mango, 1 thick burger (AWESOME), 2 carrots

Afternoon: Half a mango, bowl of TVP

Evening: Protein shake with flax, pear, apple