Wallflower's Journey with P90x and Insanity

A slight change of plans; I'm following the trend of mixing up P90 with Insanity. I'm also a bit tardy in my posting... today I am almost finished week 2, with 2 workouts left to complete.

I'm tackling the 'Lean' version of P90, with Insanity (month 1) subbed for any cardio days. I'm forced to mix up my week due to my work schedule, so this week looks like this:

Monday - Chest and back

Tues - off (work)

Wed - Core synergistics

Thurs - Shoulders and arms

Fri - Insanity (1st dvd...the name escapes me ATM)

*Sat and Sunday - due to work will be either yoga and stretch, or maybe some cardio.

My goals are to lose body fat, get strong and increase my VO2 max. I've lost 5 pounds since this summer, happy with that!

Week 3 thus far:

Monday - P90x 'Chest and back'

Tuesday - rest day

Wed - nope

Thurs-nada

Friday- P90x 'Shoulders and arms'

Sat-

Sun-

I'm enjoying watching the # of reps/amount of weight going up each week. Gives me a real feeling of accomplishment, like I'm that much closer to my goals

Next week is my 'rest' week, and I know it's important, but I'm not looking forward to it. I want to keep upping those #'s! I may need to journal just to stay on track (I fear that I'll lose focus during that time).

*Edit - not the greatest week, but I take comfort in that I walk my kids to and from school almost every day. Every bit counts

Edited by wallflower

I'm enjoying watching the # of reps/amount of weight going up each week. Gives me a real feeling of accomplishment, like I'm that much closer to my goals

I know the feeling - it is great for motivation!

Next week is my 'rest' week, and I know it's important, but I'm not looking forward to it. I want to keep upping those #'s! I may need to journal just to stay on track (I fear that I'll lose focus during that time).

Believe it or not, you most likely will not lose much if any progress. When you hit it hard after the rest/recovery week, your body will be fresh & charged, ready to go. I really noticed this during the recovery week of insanity,

and I also had to take off an additional week with no training whatsoever dude to my schedule at the time. I didn't lose any progress that I had achieved, rather my body was well rested & ready to go at it again!