Muscles here I come! Lobsteriffic's Log

05/11/10:

6:15 AM: 30 min. trainer ride (5 min. spin, 20 min. of 1 min on/1 min off intervals, 5 min. spin)

11:00 AM:

Squats (Jones):

5 sets of 5 @ 55 lbs. (I know on Stronglifts you are only supposed to advance by 5 lbs each workout, but my gym doesn't have 2.5 lb plates)

OHP:

5 sets of 5 @ 45 lbs.

DL:

1 set of 5 @ 85 lbs.

Assisted Chins:

3 sets of 5 @ 60 lbs.

Prone Bridges:

2 x 30 sec. (don't have a stopwatch at the gym, but was counting Mississipi's)

On the weekend I was basically doing dissertation stuff the entire time. Went for a few walks. I'm going pretty crazy at this point. Diet hasn't been the greatest. Either I am eating everything in sight or I am not eating at all. Oh well, one way or another, it will be over come Friday.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck. It's going to be fine. Don't worry... your adviser wouldn't let you do it if it wasn't great! You've spoken in public many times and presented research. You're smart and confident and witty and sharp. You don't have a thing to worry about! Go raise your glutes and blow off some steam, doctor. You're going to breeze right through this!

Underneath the waves Mermaids wavin Wavin' to mermen Wavin' sea fans Sea horses sailin Dolphins wailin Doc Lobster!!((High Pitched)) Doc Lobster!! Doc Lobster!! Doc Lobster!! Oooo aah Oooo aah!

Red snappers snappin Oooo aah Clam shells clappin Oooo aah Muscles flexin Oooo aah Flippers flippin' Oooo aah Doc, Doc Doc Lobster Down! Down Lobster... Doc

Let's rock!!

(that started feeling SUPER dorky as soon as I started it, but it's the first, thing I thought of...thought I'd just ride it out.)

thanks everyone!! VBBF people are the best!

omg, I had the most epic trip home ever! Took 34.5 hours because of a snow storm in Minnesota. Stupid snow. Anyway, back now, kind of a zombie, but anxious to start having a real life and not thinking about school for the first time ever.

Time to get diet and workouts back on track. I fell off the wagon the last week or so with prepping for my defense. No excuses! Weights 3x/week, morning cardio, and back to IF. No grabbing candy in the break room at work!

15/11/10:

Squats:

45x5

5 sets @ 65x5

Bench:

45x5

5 sets @ 55x5

Inverted Rows:

3 sets of 10 reps

Bent Knee Push-ups:

3 sets of 10 reps (second set kind of sucked, ROM wasn't the greatest)

Reverse Crunches:

1 set of 10

1 set of 7

17/11/10:

Weights not that heavy yet on Stronglifts but I felt like I worked really hard today.

Squats:

45x5

5 sets @ 75x5

OHP:

5 sets @ 55x5

DL:

95x5

Assisted Chins:

3 sets of 5 @ 70 lbs assistance

Prone Bridge:

2 x 30sec

Haven't been waking up for morning cardio...I didn't realize how far behind on sleep I was. I've been letting myself sleep a bit later and getting rested up.

19/11/10:

Squats:

45 x 5

65 x 5

5 sets of 5 @ 85 lbs

Bench:

45 x 5

5 sets of 5 @ 65 lbs

Inverted Rows:

3 sets of 12

Knee Push-ups:

3 sets of 10

Reverse Crunches:

2 sets of 10

Was feeling super bloated and crampy and didn't want to go work out at lunch, but I made myself do it anyway.

I'm finally starting to feel like I'm caught up on sleep, so will be working morning cardio back in.