Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: LnG's is training and getting back to RAW >:-)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:51 am 
Elephant

Looking into 24hr instead of local gym that is no longer local. Pretty cool gym partner once I start,racquetball partner also. Thendanisays will be my nutrition buddy, Y.E.A. B.U.D.D.Y. only so long i can just talk the talk; stay tuned. I'll be out here shortly getting good ole muscle memory in check. How else can I catch up to Tuc's maddening avatar?!?!!??

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:41 am 
Stegosaurus

whoo hoo! love to hear this!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:44 pm 
Elephant

Oh my how the time has flown without a consistent training or diet regimen. I promised myself an early new years resolution and I am sticking to my guns. Caring for our landlords dog who we raised $ for a succefful surgery. She needs round the clock care so no training for another week or so unfortunately..

Before the end of November I will be on track!

On a side note, I had a 2 week consistent routine gojng and counting and then my roomate got psychotic and belligerent. She has now since moved out (not dani, my love).

It's been an extremely challenging year and I am happy to get through it on a high note once I get the opportunity to. It's not a matter of if only a matter of when.

Stay posted, I hope to be much more active on VBBF also... I hope :fingers crossed: :? :boxer: :boxer: :)

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:32 pm 
Stegosaurus

Am I going to finally get what I want for Christmas.
Hope to see you around.

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:53 pm 
Stegosaurus

Happy Birthday!

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:49 pm 
Elephant

Happy Belated Birthday Giacomo!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:37 am 
Elephant

Thank you Vegan Joe and hsorlando. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:boxer: Early New Year's Resolution Progress :boxer:

So here is what happened to me after the two competitions in April 2009 (new pics of starting all over will be posted in the 2011 photos thread and my own of course).

I had dedicated 3 months of intense 5+ hours and 2+ workouts a day every single day from Jan09-Apr09 to be contest ready for VeganBrothersInIron. I needed to. Without that effort, it would not have been possible to have a presence considering the condition I was in before we started on a spontaneous idea. It went awesome! I had a blast and many things changed in my life for the better. Unfortunately... My life balance was suffering greatly b/c it was all one sided on the documentary. A character strength and also flaw of mine is to have a one track mind. Sigh. My relationship with dani took a huge backseat and my career was non existent (aka I had no money and 'thendanisays' had been paying for everything). Well, that needed to change. I found a lucrative position and worked my tail off 66+ hours a week. Not to mention to hours put into www.veganproteins.com on top of this to continue fundraising efforts and grow the site. I also had to mend my relationship. These things all took time... all of my time. I went on the fast track to being completely absent from the gym and exercise. One day turned into a week to a month and more than a year. I couldn't get back onto a program.

May 2009 - Dec 2009.. 17 workouts total.
Jan 2010 - November 2010.. 20 workouts total

There was no consistency of pattern developing other than me trying and failing over and over. Well, I decided to take a less demanding job in August, the time and effort but into a loving relationship has since grown a foundation of trust and understanding and I made myself an early New Year's Resolution. My gut told me that this time, I was going to make it and I did!! :mrgreen: :boxer: :mrgreen:

Goal 3 workouts a week consistently. Do this for a month and then we'll talk body. Then we can set up a program, more goals and get on track as a whole. The delicate balance is going strong and I am growing stronger.

17 workouts in December 2010!!!!!! :D I did it!
4+ workouts a week surpassing my goal by 5 workouts this month. Fantastic.

This shows me that I am here to stay and therefore I will be on vbbf more too b/c quite frankly, I miss everyone and this positive environment sooo much! I hope that I budget enough time to post everyday like the good ole times. For sure, i'll be around with at least a journal and some other posts. Here's to the early new year's resolution being successful and carrying over right into 2010 with a bang!

Highlight of today's workout: Deadlifts 205x10, 245x10, 265x10. still got it... somewhat :? :wink: 8)

Joelk wrote:

Post subject: Re: LnG + R.C = Yeah Buddy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:55 am 
Site Admin

The Vegan Boys are back in town!

Let's keep hammering out workouts and serious eating!

Straight Up Gas Institute!

-RC

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:10 am 
Elephant

Ended Week 6 of being back into the gym with 5 workouts. Took off sat and sun mainly b/c my body is just plain tired and is asking for a break. I don't want to overtrain. Got to the gym today of course and who works out at my gym..? The Portland Star on this season from 'The Biggest Loser'. He looks absolutely amazing and is pushing harder than ever. I go to tell Robert and he promptly tells me that a Ed the vegan trainer is his personal trainer. How freakin' awesome!!! Going to introduce myself and tell him that he rocks when I get a chance. Needless to say the cardio workout for me today was very inspired.

So here is the workout for the next 4-7 weeks that i've created for myself. Cardio is optional...

Mon: 30min-1hr cardio (traps/forearms/calves if they haven't been trained recently)
Wed: 30min-1hr cardio (traps/forearms/calves if they haven't been trained recently)
Fri: Snowboarding all day or other cardio substitute preferably outdoors.

Each exercise is 4 sets and 10 repetitions.

Tues: Bi's, Abs, Legs
barbell crls,
dumb bell preacher curls
Decline crunches
Squats
Sled
Hack Squats
Leg Extensions

Thurs: Chest
Decline Bench Press
Incline Dumbell Press
Flat Dumbell Press
Cable press flyes

Saturday: Lower Back, Shoulders
Deadlifts
Good Mornings
Seated shoulder dumbell press.
Hammer Strngth machine for shoulds

Sunday: Upper Back, Triceps.
Dumbell Rowa
Lat Pulldowns
Assisted pullups both wide + narrow_

Hope to add more info during the week. Exhausted, time for be. Goodnight!

Joelk wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:45 am 
Elephant

Go man go!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:43 am 
Rabbit

Get on it mate!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:39 am 
Stegosaurus

Very cool about the Biggest Loser contestant! Even cooler that he has a vegan personal trainer!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

Way to be consistent brother! I'm proud of all the training you've been doing, especially with how busy you have been!

Well done man!

Keep it coming!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:36 am 
Elephant

Thanks John V, oneoranother and RC.

Lobsterrific. Yeh it is pretty cool. I found out it is a different biggest loser that has a local vegan trainer to support her efforts. Either which way, it is awesome the one of the main trainers on the show is Vegan!!! :popcorn: :mrgreen:

So week end recap will have to be short and sweet b/c as usual, been hectic busy.

So to go back a bit, I started back up on dec17th and this is week 7 of my getting back into it. Not as hard as I could push. Mainly a time thing. Still devoting a fair amount of time to the gym and i'm sure that will only increase >:-)

Gym/Workout Days = Mon, Tues, Wed, Sat, Sun

Mon: 30min cardio medium to high intensity
Tuesday: Biceps and Abs (finally can train my abs directly without them already being sore)
Wednesday: Chest day, BIG ;)
Saturday: 1.5 hrs stretching
Sunday: Shoulders, Triceps

Weight: same as 3 weeks ago, 194.5 However, I am seeming to look leaner. I would saying i've lost some bodyfat and gained some lean body mass. Works for me! 8)

This week I purposely avoided vigorous training with resistance and any back or leg movements. It seems like I have been overtraining. Decided to give my back a break this week and get it on hard next weekend. Feels a lot better already.

Ok well, goodnight forum members. ttys ZZZzzz....

Joelk wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next