10 pistols (5 each leg)

10 air squats, hold each at bottom for 10 seconds

WOD:

Team relay

20 minutes, AMRAP

200 m run

15 kb swings @ 35 lbs

5 overhead squats @ 45 lbs

My partner and I did 8 rounds (4 each, plus he did the run again before time ran out)

Oh and this was all while wearing a 20 lb vest

Food:

banana

TJ's go raw trek mix

some leftover strawberry banana, apple smoothie (bolthouse farms? i can't remember)

soy primal strip

smoothie: 2 bananas, 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds, 1/3 cup Ultimate Meal powder, spinach, 1 and 3/4 cup blueberries, water

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11/30/2010

http://www.crossfit-hr.com

130 single unders in 3 minutes. Target number was 300. Ha! Nowhere close.

Did this with a partner. We took turns, and he could actually do double-unders so his target was 100. He got 135. Not sure why he kept going...He's a beast We went through Fire Academy together.

Punishment: 25 burpees each.

Row:

8 rounds of 22 seconds with 2 minutes rest in between. Damper set on 10.

Total cals: 75

Fuckin A.

12/06/2010

BW: 191.8 - WTF?! I lost 3 lbs since last Thursday. Don't know how that happened. Not cool at all.

Warm up:

Row 5 min, last 10 sec of every minute is sprint. (1074 m)

WOD:

Push Press

65 x 3

75 x 3

85 x 3

95 x 1

was supposed to do 95% x 1 and 101% x 1, as well, but ran out of time, 4 of us were working off the same bar. We were holding the rest of the class up.

"Randy"

75 Power Snatches @ 65 lbs

Unknown time, forgot to look. Somewhere around 10 minutes.

This wod was either a lot of fun, or my endorphins are fucking liars, because I felt euphoric at the end.

12/07/2010

BW: 192 lbs

Started Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu today. A black belt under Saulo Ribeiro moved into the empty space at the CrossFit box I go to and has offered a good deal to crossfitters/firefighters, etc. Too good to pass up. He is one of only 2 BJJ instructors in the area in which I live, and I've always thought it would be fun to learn. I hope to start gong back to Wing Chun in January now that there is no more swelling inside my mouth. I can get punched in the face again with no worries. This could get expensive.

Because when I went lacto-ovo, I got up to 212 lbs from the 190s in about 6 months time, and I was at my peak physically (except when I was in the Fire Academy). Since then it's been dropping off like crazy, it seems like. I can't seem to get above 204 or so, and that is a struggle in itself. Being below 200 is not what I want.

I usually eat a lot of avocados for that (at least I think they serve that purpose), but they seem to be out of season now, because the last 4 I've eaten were total crap. I usually also eat a lot of trail mix (cashews, walnuts, almonds & filberts) but I've been taking a break from that lately so I don't get sick of it, and have been eating a lot of pepitas instead. I think I'll look for some coconut oil and try that. I've also recently bought my first Vega. One of the smaller sized tubs of chocolate wfo, to see if we liked it. We have a larger berry wfo on the way. I thought that might help me out. Although in the advertisement I noticed it talks about suppressing appetite. Not sure if it is or not.

12/09/2010

warm up:

10 pvc shoulder rotations

10 pvc OHS

10 pvc snatch balance

10 pvc hang snatch

WOD:

at the beginning of every minute do 5 burpees

then do max rep Thrusters for the rest of the minute

goal of 50 Thrusters

Okay...Really did terrible today. I was up all night running medical calls on the busiest medic in the city, last night. I like to think that was part of my problem. Otherwise, my hamstrings were REALLY tight, and I could barely hit parallel on most of my reps.

I did the first 23 Thrusters with 65 lbs

The coach came over and took off my tens since I was having such a problem getting a good squat

I did the final 27 with 45 lbs

Time was 5:56 but it doesn't even really matter, because I wasn't doing it right.

Did air squats until everyone else finished, because I felt like a heel.

Frustrating, but oh well. There's always next time.

Edited by Rob PMFF

12/10/2010

BW: 194 lbs

warm up:

10 minutes of ring work. Practiced ring dips, and then hung upside down for a bit.

WOD:

Partner workout for max rounds:

20 minute countdown

1000 M Row - we split it 500 M each

then AMRAP:

10 each Med Ball (20 lb) clean and pass, 10 ft apart

10 each abmat sit ups with Med Ball (20 lb) and pass, 5 ft apart

75 single unders

We got 3 rounds. This was my partner's first WOD after the 6 take off class sessions. He did good though. He didn't want to quit, but I don't think he had much choice. We had 3 minutes left after completing our 3rd round, so I practiced double unders, since I still can't do them.

Edited by Rob PMFF

12/15/2010

BW: 194.8 lbs

Warm up:

3 rounds of

10 GHD sit ups

60 second static pull-up hang - yeah right, I did this in 5 - 10 second tries

WOD:

Back Squats

95 x 5

115 x 5 x 3

95 x 5

used a medicine ball on a weight plate to squat down on top of, since I was having such a hard time getting below parallel

5 rounds for time:

4 Turkish get ups - 20 lb dumbbell

12 burpee box jumps - 24 inch box

Time - 12:57

Edited by Rob PMFF

I like it. When I first started going, my heart rate would hit 100 before I even walked in the door. I got amped up about like I do on the way to a structure fire. Because I knew I was about to do some hard work, with a limited amount of time to do it in. Kinda the wrong approach I think. Now I'm more calm about it. I wish I could do weight amounts that are closer to the Rx for the WOD, but that will come in time I guess. When I try, I either can't get the right range of motion, or I get some uncomfortable popping in whatever joints are being used, so I have to scale down. Recovery time still seems to be a problem. Especially for the last 7 days, my transverse abdominal (I think...whatever the lower abs are) have been really sore and uncomfortable from GHD sit ups. I used abmat today and it still hurt like a mutha, but I gutted them out.

12/23/2010

BW: 196 lbs

Warm up:

3 round of:

10 wallball shots (14 lb)

10 abmat sit ups

60 steps of high knee quick running in place

WOD:

10 minute AMRAP:

10 Dumbbell hang power snatch. (I started with the 35 lbs, but my right shoulder was popping. So I dropped to 25 lbs and no problems.)

7 Push ups

14 Dumbbell cross-chops (25 lbs)

7 Knees to elbows

Results: 4 rounds, plus I got all the way to 4 KTE for the 5th round. 3 KTE away from a full 5 rounds

The first time I ever did KTE was back in the take off class, and I couldn't do a single one properly. I didn't really have any problem doing them today though. However, when the coach demonstrated, he was kind of swinging back and forth, doing them, almost like kipping, and it looked way easier. I had to pull straight from the bottom each time, probably causing myself a lot of extra work

your weights will def go up with time. It is better to scale them and not get hurt. Yeah GHDS will tear your abs right out! I love them but i've inflicted some pain onto myself with them too so I know of you speak. glad your enjoying it! It is harder to get to kip on k2e. youll get there too! sounds like all is well!

01/03/2010

Test day:

Worked up to 1RMs

Shoulder Press: 115 lbs

Back Squat: 145 lbs

Deadlift: 175 lbs

These look pretty bad to me...but like everyone says "the weights will come". Still just really paranoid about the lower back. Even though it's been almost a year.

8 rounds, 20 seconds each, as many push-ups as possible, 10 seconds rest in between

Lost count...That wasn't really the point anyway. I said "The only thing I've done in her so far that has made my chest sore is knees to elbows." She said "I can make your chest sore." So she had me do these rounds of push-ups.

Edited by Rob PMFF