Jesse's Finishing what I started! Snow Snow here i come...

10-11-2010

Squats 5x5 95lbs (3 digits starting Wednesday )

Overhead Press 5x5 65lbs

Deadlifts 2x5 140 lbs

pull ups with 135 pound assistance 9,6,5

Prone Bridges 3 x 30 seconds or so...

Burpees 15

I felt it was a decent workout, wish i could make some progress with the chin ups.I need to do what chewy suggested with the negative reps i think.still need to do cardio on a regular basis, probably in the evening after work just need to figure out what would be best.

I have decided to add Insanity earlier then planned..with me eating more for the strongliftsi have noticed my midsection and weight has increased.so i need to do something to counter that.I am going to do the fittest today (Tuesday)..

10-13-2010

Morning Stronglifts Training

Squats 5x5 100lbs

Bench Press 5x5 75lbs

Inverted Rows (Modified 3rd notch from the top of Smith Machine) 20,18,12

Push Ups 6,4,4

Reverse Crunch 20,15,16

Push Ups i think dropped because of the fit test the day before.I expected this.Not sure why Reverse Crunch dropped but i am happy to be at 100lbs on squats.

Evening Insanity Training Day 2 Plyometric Cardio Circuit

My Body quit on me with the last set of basketball drills but i had my heart rate up to 153-158 throughout the whole video i did do.Except for the stretching.I am happy with the result.I will make it through the whole video next time.

also got my swimming trunks in the mail today so i have another workout option at the gym with swimming, or as most people will say when they see me..192 pound flounder flopping around in the water...

anyways day three of insanity tomorrow then on Friday i will do insanity in the morning and weight training at night due to overtime.Gym opens at 5 am and i have to work at 6 am...not a whole lot of time to work with.

Diet is still a mess especially when i am at home..I am pretty strict when i am at work or away but when i get home i turn into a junk food junkie..I really need some self control...kicks self in ass...

I think with the reverse crunches when i first did them i had my hand gripping the mat and yesterday i had my hands by my side when i was doing them...That is the plan with the inverted rows is to slowly make my way down..

as for today Day 3 of Insanity! Cardio Power & Resistance Done...falls down dead......

10-15-2010 did both stronglifts and insanity back to back...lucky today was recovery day on insanity so it wasn't quite as insane.I am going to cut back on stronglifts to just twice a week for 60 days while i am doing insanity and i am going to cut out the abs and pushups on stronglifts cause i do enough of them in Insanity.so i am going to do Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, Overhead Press, Pull ups & Inverted Rows on the same day twice a week.the site says it will still work just make sure there is about a 2 1.2 - 3 day rest period between workouts but results will be slower.which is fine with me..

squats 5x5 105lbs

Overhead press 4x5, 1x4 70lbs

Deadlifts 3x5 150lbs

Chin Ups 120lb assistance 7,5,4

Prone Bridges 3 x 25lbs - failure

Day 4 of Insanity! > Cardio Recovery

todays is Pool time and Day 5 of Insanity! > Pure Cardio

I am going to start tracking what i eat on here too.yeah i need a juicer, i am planning on it sometime in the near future.

Todays planned. 2320 totoal cals

Breakfast : Bolthouse Amazing mango 16 oz (240 cals)

Snack: Chips and salsa (amy's organic) (325 cals)

lunch : Bolthouse farms 100% carrot juice 32 oz with 2 tablespoons red mills ground flaxmeal. (340 cals)

snack : Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness 16 oz with 2 scoops Vega Berry protein and wheatgrass powder(520 cals)

Dinner : Eden Organics Mexican Rice and Beans and Steamed Broccoli (435 cals)

snack: 6 tablespoon yellow popcron kernels airpopped and 1 tablespoon cold pressed olive oil (360 cals)

decided today to do a hybrid workout of p90x and Insanity.It is becoming a real pain getting up at 3:30 to go to the gym.I am losing sleep and sleep is just as important as working out is.so for the time being i am going to go to the gym on the weekends for swimming and elliptical machines and racquetball and work on my pull ups.

I do plan on returning to the stronglifts workout sometime in the future.But right now overall fitness and cardio is my main goal..

Edited by jbrickzin

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted in awhile, hurt myself at work so was doing just cardio for a couple weeks while my hand healed.Last couple of weeks I got myself a trainer at the gym that i will meet a couple times a month to check measurement, set goals, do a workout, keep me motivated, all the usual stuff.I noticed the last month and a half I started to slack a bit so I took the measure of accountability by getting myself a trainer.I decided to Hold off on stronglifts until the spring and decided to do a three cycle workout per week and go apeshit on the cardio.I think right now i need to pay attention with my core because of my bad posture of being out of shape for so long.And just work on overall stability and take advantage of the snow season coming up, lots of endurance walking/training in the snow.(getting a pair of snowshoes soon)

My weight workout will be something like this.Do this curcuit for about four months, Then start the Bulking! I realize i wont have a lot of muscle to show but for me that is ok because my main goal has always been to be fit overall.I want to be able to run again without my achiles crapping out on me, swim, all the stuff I haven't done since High School.

Legs, Abs and Core

Chest Shoulders and Triceps

Back and Bicep

My cardio Options will be..

Insanity Videos ( just doing the videos not in no real order or following the program, at least not yet..too much for my fitness level right now to even try and follow the guidelines)

Spinning Biking - Bought this last spring for the sole purpose of keeping myself fit(ter) when winter came about, well it is here.time to get busy!!

Cardio Equipment and classes at the Gym

and last but not least Snowshoeing/Hiking

with that said here is todays workout and diet

Workout Back and Biceps

1. Assisted Pull Ups 150x12, 150X10, 165x12
  2. Bicep Curls 20x12, 20x9, 15x12
  3. Assisted Chin Ups 150x12
  4. Hammer Curls 15x10, 15x9
  5. Machine Rows 60x10, 75x12, 75x9, 60x12
  6. Back extension 85x20, 130x20, 150x20
  7. Lat Pulldown 75x12, 75x8, 60x12
  8. Cable Lawnmowers 20x12, 20x12

Cardio

• Walking 4.14 miles (to the gym and back) heart rate was constant at about 100-115...also did 10 minutes on the elliptical and kept my heart rate at 130 bpm.didn't go long because i was walking home.

Diet

• 5 am Mango Tango Juice, 1/2 scoop pea protein (215 calories)
  • 8 am airpopped Popcorn, 2 tablespoon earth balance spread, Himalayan sea salt (575 calories)
  • 1 pm 2 multi grain wraps, red pepper roasted hummus, 2 cans v8, handful of raw sunflower nuts (630 calories)
  • 4 pm Ancient harvest Quinoa, Garbanzo Beans, Broccoli Cuts, Curry Powder, Bragg Liquid amino , Multi vitamin, Vitamin D2 (575 calories)
  • 7 pm Sunwarrior Protein,Now Pea Protein, Soymilk (500 calories)

Total Calories 2395, Protein: 148 grams, Carbs: 346 grams, Fats: 64 grams, Fiber: 83 grams..

went shopping got some more Quinoa, Oatmeal and Almond Milk..went and walked around the new costco that opened up here yesterday..fell in love with the place so will most likely get a membership, they have alot of organic and vegetarian options compaired to sam's club, so yaya for me...plus they have a breville juicer for $88.00 and a Vitamix blender for $379.00 (i have seen these online for $500.00.)

Diet

• 7 am Quinoa, blue agave, cinnamon, Almond Milk (note to self, next time only make half a batch of quinoa)806 calories
  • 10 am Naked Juice Green Machine 280 calories
  • 2 pm Almond Breeze almond milk, 1 scoop pea protein, 1 scoop sunwarrior 380 calories
  • 5 pm 2 Amy's Black Bean Burrito 560 calories
  • 7 pm 1 baked potato, earth balance spread, Bragg sprinkles240 calories

2265 Calories, 52 grams fat, 355 grams carbs, 32 grams fiber, 99 grams protein

workout

Day Off

workout

• Spinning Bike 25 minutes

Diet

• 9 am Odawalla Mango Tango, Red Mills ground flax seed 270 calories
  • 11 am 2 cans v8 low sodium 140 calories
  • 3 pmTofurkey roast, Asparagus Cuts, Sweet Potato, Roasted Red Potato, oilive Oil, Bragg Liquid Amino's 1368 calories granted most of the calories is from the olive oil the box says to use as a baste.
  • 6 pm Pumpkin Pie 456 calories

2265 calories, 86 grams fat, 250 grams carbs, 41 grams of fiber, 120 grams protein

Workout

Legs, Abs and Core

• Squats 65x12, 65x12, 75x10, 75x7, 65x12
  • Deadlifts 155x7, 155x7
  • Weighted Lunge 10x30ft, 10x30ft
  • Standing Calf Raises (Machine) 60x15, 75x12, 75x12, 90x12
  • Knee Raises on Dip Bar 12, 12
  • Side Plank Raises 10, 10
  • Crunches 30, 20
  • Reverse Crunch 20, 18
  • 10 pound Medicine Ball toss up, catch and squat 17, 20

Cardio

• 4.12 Mile Walk

Diet

Diet was absolute shit today, didn't even keep track.not going to dwell on it, i'll pick it back up tomorrow .

he is big inspiration for me. 80/10/10 diet is great for detoxification, loosing body fat, bigger energy levels, it is really great. Too bad I do not have access to needed amounts of fresh and ripe fruits, I would go fruitarian at once.

Workout

• Reading this book called "The Exuberant Animal Playbook" spent about a half hour doing some of the exercises in it..actually kind of fun.

Diet

• 8 am Old Fashioned Oatmeal, Almond Milk, Blue Agave
  • 9 am Apple Cider Vinegar, Sweetleaf Stevia Sweetner
  • 11 am now Pea Protein, Sunwarrior Protein, Almond milk
  • 1 pm Airpopped Popcron with 1 TBSP Olive Oil
  • 4 pm goya Garbanzo Beans, Bragg Kelp seasoning, Mango Tango Juice
  • 7 pm Seeds of Change Brown Rice and Quinoa, Falafel

Calories=2788, Protein=126 grams, Carbs=486 grams, Fat 68 grams, Fiber 84 grams

1469771378_playbook-cover(1).jpg.aed4355b1177da527bd76d0e85d9818f.jpg

he is big inspiration for me. 80/10/10 diet is great for detoxification, loosing body fat, bigger energy levels, it is really great. Too bad I do not have access to needed amounts of fresh and ripe fruits, I would go fruitarian at once.

I hear yeah..I would really love to live in the southwest usa..i do plan on planting berries in the spring so i can get some fresh fruits

Workout

Shoulders, Chest and Triceps

• Overhead Press 55x12, 55x10, 50x7, 45x8
  • Bench Press 45x12, 55x12, 60x12, 60x9, 45x8
  • Assisted Dips machine 150x5, 165x10, 165x10, 180x12
  • In and Out Flys 15x5, 10x7, 5x8
  • Overhead tricep ext. 25x13, 25x7, 20x10, 20x10
  • Modified Push Ups 10,8,8
  • Burpees 12,12,12,13
  • Medicine Ball Toss, catch and Squat 6x30, 6x30, 6x30

Cardio

• Elliptical machine 32 minutes, 130 avg BPM, Max 145BPM
  • Walking 2 miles 40 minutes 100 BPM

• 1 month later...

Finishing what i started..yeah right..stepped on the scale this morning for the first time in a month and i gained 10 pounds the last month (204), and that ain't muscle..really pissed at myself right now..Diet has been shit, Working out has been sporadic at best.I am a pacifist at heart but i really want to kick my ass right now.....

anyways went to the gym this morning (first time in a month) and i am starting stronglifts 5x5 back up again, I made a huge mistake last time when i stopped,and I think i am going to add some core filler to the workout.Like today I added some stuff that i saw on a couple Crossfit workout like holding a 45 pound plate over my head and walk around..

Anyways I am going to do a 2-3 day juice fast to clean this shit out and detox myself a bit until new years then it is nothing but Quinoa, Water, Greens, Protein Powder and Fruits...

Todays workout.

• Squats 45x5,45x5,80x5,80x5,80x5,80x5,80x5
  • Bench Press 45x5,45x5,65x5,65x5,65x5,65x5,65x5
  • Rows 90x5,90x5,90x5,90x5,90x5
  • Medicine Ball Slams 10x50
  • 45 pound plate OH walking around 125 steps

-Finished the workout with 20 minutes on the rowing machine.

-Also walked 4 miles total, to and from the gym.

and later today...

-30 minutes on the spinning bike.