Dr. John Grey knocked carbohydrates on radio (pro Atkins)

New World Vegan

He was on radio's "Coast2Coast" which has 10 million listeners. He described how carbs cause blood spikes and dips, leading to deficiency in testosterone.

On his website he lay's out a healthy diet: eggs, meat, and has a section called "nuts are our friends"

Let's stop this nut from getting on the show again by emailing the show

[email protected]

[email protected]

Here's my letter:

I'd like to suggest not having Dr John Grey as a guest anymore. He's a psychologist who said some false things about nutrition and biology. He's not a dietitian, but on his site, he's promoting an Atkins-type diet high in fats of all kind - that is detrimental to peoples' health, and scares them away from a natural, healthy diet. As a health expert, I found his anti-carbohydrate comments upsetting.

I guess there's no way to keep the show free of out-right lies, but can't something be done? At least filter out anyone promoting a low-carb diet - the proof it's bad is the fact that humans are fueled by carbs; and nature's foods are more carbs than anything else.....

Edited by New World Vegan

I heard that show as well...

John sees things from a different perspective, for sure. He did have some good things to say though, about not using corn syrup laden foods, sugary, processed junk, etc. He is big into supplements, minerals & herbs especially.

Lots of hormonal talk, tying hormones into dietary choices & exercise...

I take the good w/ the bad, although he is probably not the best person to take advice from, especially if one is just starting to adopt a "healthy" lifestyle, as they may be easily swayed by John's "pseudo-science" & easy going manner.

Years ago Art had Dr. Lorraine Day on a couple of times - now that is a guest they should book in the future. I am not sure if George ever had her on or not, as I don't listen to C2C much anymore...

Anyway, Dr. Day is one who lives a true vegan/raw lifestyle & practices what she preaches...

Don't know if your email campaign will have any effect...John is a good "salesman" & George Noory seems to buy it "hook, line & sinker..."