This is really fun

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you badasses do have bike skills. the only skills i have right now is point and shoot. i still cant really even dismount on the left. i forgot what cashew butter tastes like. it must be good. im glad i don't have any.

tues:

commute

upper body pt

1 hour trainer ride

finished on the trainer ready for another hour, had to go though, the ride home felt ridiculously easy, i wonder if the new program is working or if i'm just riding a natural peak in energy... im exhausted today so maybe yeah

me too

well this week started out stupid and got progressively stupider. the lack of sunshine, lack of good heat at work, broken furnace at home, and torrential downpours to commute through didn't help. i'm having a bad case of activist burn out, i think, and there's no reprieve in sight. combining all those things with the new 2 leg days regime and trying to lower my carb intake has me really down. the upside to this is that i keep getting up again, in an energizer bunny, tub thumping kind of way. sure would be nice to have a vacation in the sun though. i know what i'm doing is good, and crucial, and even though other stuff is weighing on me as well, i will still go train this afternoon, maybe run, even though i just want to hide in bed. most likely. i just ate a lot of chocolate chips for breakfast. they were good but i feel a sugar crash coming on. note to self: chocolate chips for breakfast does not solve your problems

wednesday:

commute

1 hour trainer ride, drained but strong

legs [hamstring dominant]

i cant remember what else

thursday:

double shift, double commute

friday:

commute

1 hour trainer ride

ubpt

my bicep is still fucked

saturday:

~28 mile ride, cold

thanks. biceps are involved with the shoulders, apparently. who'd a thought.

it's been a long busy week.

sunday:

screwed around on the rollers and trainer, an hour or so

monday:

commute

1 hour trainer ride

legs

upper body pt

felt a weird pull, gave quads a break and went harder on hamstrings

tuesday:

1 hour trainer ride x2

wednesday:

commute

1 hour trainer ride

ubpt

thursday:

every intention of getting a workout in, the holiday conspired against me

friday:

treadmill-

15 min walk 3.5

5 k run ~27 mins (not happy with this time at all

5 min tabata jumprope

ubpt b/bi

i think it's time to get back to that strategy that worked so well for me before of finding at least one little victory i could take from each workout and build on that positivity. i've been feeling pretty down and hopeless about my injuries, it seems like it's been so long, and it has been a hard battle to come back. my health care providers keep assuring me that the reason i have come this far is because i'm putting such commitment into going above and beyond to come back from this. but it's all weighing on me. although i say i don't want to be the person that "was never the same after her injury" i have begun to think that how ever much mind over matter i put into this healing process, there are going to be definite physical things i am going to have to come to terms with eventually. the holiday saw me in a lot of pain. that said, yesterday was the first time i could jumprope since i got hurt. it wasn't pretty, but i did it. i'm gonna hold on to that. yay.

thanks, lobs. i have come a ways, it is true, but i wanted to be further along by now. mary, i guess you're right, i just want to be able to do what i used to do. i love how supportive you guys are. i'm really lucky to have you!

last sunday:

45 mild ride. really cold

monday:

commute

legs (quad dominant

1 hour trainer ride, massive watts

tuesday:

commute

ubpt ch/tr

1 hour trainer ride, more massive watts

wednesday:

commute

upbt, boring, burned out 1 hr trainer ride

thursday:

double commute

friday:

commute

1 hr trainer ride [lvl ten int]

ubpt random

sataurday:

1 hr trainer ride, easy

sunday:

28 mile ride

the original plan was to train legs two days early in the week, monday quad dominant, wednesday hamstring dominant. so wednesday while training i hit the locker room and realized i just couldn't face weight training my legs that day on top of commuting in such cold and using the trainer without recovery. i skipped it. i dialed it back for the rest of the week, which was a good decision, i think, i have been less ravenously hungry since then. i feel pretty well rested this monday morning. i'll try to amp iyt back up again now, but i think i might need to wait til after solstice to really hit the gas pedal again.

• 3 weeks later...

been up to pretty much the same old same old. i forced myself to take a couple rest days. one i didn't really have any choice over, it was the day after a VERY cold ride when i pretty much came apart in a freezing headwind that shouldn't have affected me as much as it did. still working around the injuries. fighting a cold right now. i think i might just have to give swimming a longer break than i thought. been running even less... riding the trainer propoportionately more.

it was only one full day and a light workout the day before, but wow what a difference. it also felt really different to use weights on my legs after not having ridden seriously for a few days. i was barely sore the next day.

monday:

thirty minute trainer ride

1 mile tread walk 3.8

finished out the that thirty minutes walking backwards at 3

upper body pt and an actual little bit of heavy lifting!

tuesday:

a little less than an hour riding the trainer, hard, but it kicked my ass, so i called it good

wednesday:

1 hr trainer ride, hard as fuck

1 mile tread walk 3.7

upper body pt, one of my injuries couldn't handle much today, it was like 2 steps backwards, but my core felt strong so that's good i guess.

last ride of the year, a shorty, 23 miles. it was so hard to get out there in the freezing cold but i made myself do it as a symbol of ownership over 2010. i was spooked to go out after my last frostbitey ride but i did it. the reward was a beautiful ride, out around under the bridge. my favorite part of the river was dark grey and the sky was pink and purple with pure white mountains on the horizon. it was icy and headwindy. the key word for the next year: courage. i renewed my racing license for 2011 right before i went out. we'll see how that goes. right now i'm off to finish my massive carb replenishment. i'm thinking cookies, pie, and tequila. got to put this year to bed right.