how often/much do you drink?

endcruelty

i'm curious what everyone's drinking pattern is. this past weekend my cousin got married, and to sum up: open bar lol red & white wine, champagne, beers, whiskey cola, too many vodka shots, gin tonic, rum cola, vodka shots, beers, red wine - you get the idea haha

we got home around 1am, and from about 3am-6am i was vomiting all over, luckily my mom came and gave me the trash so i wouldn't be puking on the floor all night. i was basically paralyzed, couldn't move expect to puke all night. all sunday i was laying in bed in pain, it was horrible. i didn't puke until later in the day around 9pm after eating some tangerine. around 2am i went to the toilet about to puke again, but it passed. even monday food and drink was still tasting awful, not sure i've ever had it that bad before. a hangover is defiantly not as much fun as the movie

basically i'm taking a break from drinking, and wondering what everyone's view is on the liquid poison i'll say one thing, you learn from bad situations, and this one made me quite humble.

Edited by endcruelty

10 bears and 10 tequilas in one night - that what i did in my worse youth days. I wish I did something better instead of drinking and ruining my body. Now, 37, I drink one bear and already feel poisoned. Thank god I took the healthy life road. To all young guys here: PLEASE don't drink and do drugs - it's waste of time. That's what "THEY" want you to do. Get weak and sick, so they can manipulate you. Get strong!

Haven't drank since the start of the year. And before that only had 3 or 4 pints of cider since I started strength training. Seriously gets in the way of mood, eating, hydration. I just see it as a complete waste of money, time and gains now. Times in the past I stopped drinking for bouts and said I didn't miss it without really meaning it. Now I can honestly say it doesn't even cross my mind.

I won't lie - I really appreciate a nice glass of red wine and I have one a couple of times a week on average.

When there is a special occasion to celebrate, I will go out and get a buzz if I feel like it. However I can't stand getting so drunk that I am sick and dizzy and hungover the next day. The last time I did that was at my bachelorette party, wasn't pretty at the end of the night!

I don't remember a lot between age 21 and 23. At least, not anything that ever happened on weekends

Now, maybe 2x/week for 2-3 while doing work outside the office (much more relaxing to put together orders for the week over a pint or two than sitting amidst a desk full of clutter), but that's about it. About 2-3 times per year I end up somewhere with a group that wants to close the bar down and I go beyond my usual limit, and I end up regretting it for half the week afterward, so I keep that sort of thing to a minimum.

I really don't drink often. Maybe a glass of wine 5 times a year....usually at holidays. On the rare occasion I have 2 glasses I get a little loopy and I don't like how I feel.....guess i'm too much of a control freak. on other occasions i am usually the designated driver....which i don't mind...it's usually entertaining

I drink maybe once every month or two. Usually it's just a few beers while sitting and relaxing with mates. Can't remember the last time I was drunk.

same. it's rare for me usually. if we have liquor at home i'll usually make some kind of mix drink every few days just for the hell of it, but rarely do i even get buzzed

However I can't stand getting so drunk that I am sick and dizzy and hungover the next day. The last time I did that was at my bachelorette party, wasn't pretty at the end of the night!

the bachelor party i was really good actually, only had about 3 or 4 beers, and maybe 2 vodka shots. these kind of days are so rare for me, the last time it got this bad was about 10 years ago

that feeling.so gross....

i think it aged me dramatically between the years of 12-17 lol

Drinking different tea's would be a much better way of drinking.TEA PARTY!!

Never had a good time drinking anyway.the best times are personal victories.and 1 of my greatest victories so far has been giving up alcohol!people use to say i was the worst drinker out of my friends and id be an alcoholic.AND IT WAS ONLY ME WHO DOES NOT DRINK OR SMOKE NOW HAH!~desu

• 2 weeks later...

I was drinking a lot my freshman year in college, like a half gallon of gin a night a lot. Then, when I finally quit smoking cigarettes ~9 months ago I started drinking beer/wine 3 or 4 days a week. I think I'm going to stop all together though now, i haven't decided though.

I don't drink at all, and I don't like being in the company of people who are affected by alcohol / drugs. I tend to say that people should do what they like so long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else. But I also think it is sad that people can't enjoy themselves, do the things they want, or have enough confidence without taking drugs or alcohol. But if you do need those things to have a good time, then that's what you'll do I guess.

I don't drink at all, and I don't like being in the company of people who are affected by alcohol / drugs. I tend to say that people should do what they like so long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else. But I also think it is sad that people can't enjoy themselves, do the things they want, or have enough confidence without taking drugs or alcohol. But if you do need those things to have a good time, then that's what you'll do I guess.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I think there's a difference between 'not being able to enjoy yourself without alcohol' and enjoying a social drink or two. Or at least in my mind. I like having a beer in the summer and I usually drink 2-3 glasses of red wine a week, but I wouldn't say I am what Richard is talking about. There are shades of grey, like most everything else in the world.

Yeah I know there are various reasons for drinking, I wasn't talking about everybody. I know some people can choose to have alcohol sometimes, and choose not to at other times, some drink for the taste, some drink to fit in, some drink to get drunk, and some people drink to deal with lack of confidence / depression / boredom. It's the last category only that I was referring to before, and I do find that sad. I've talked to people who say they don't like to dance unless they have a drink, only do certain sex acts when they have had a drink, can't talk to girls unless they have had a drink, can't talk socially without having a drink, can't enjoy a night out without a drink and so on. And I know people who are miserable and try to escape their life by drinking real heavy. And I don't necessarily think those things are wrong as such, it's just sad that that's how it is, because it underlines to me that the person is not happy with themselves, or lacks confidence to be how they'd like to be.

Sometimes I can go a month without any drinking, other times I'll drink 2 or 3 times a week. Usually two beers OR a glass of red wine OR a glass or two of whiskey and cola.

I'm kind of in the middle. I don't see why people insist on drinking themselves into oblivious nor do I understand the stigma that drives others to avoid it completely. I understand if you don't like it, surely you don't have to drink, but there's nothing wrong with it on its own.

I don't drink because I don't like how it affects me. If I were to drink any, I'd only want to drink enough to ensure that it doesn't change my behaviour or perception. But there isn't an accurate way to know that, and since I haven't had any alcohol for over 10 years, it'd probably not take very much at all to affect me. So I'd rather drink something that is equally or more appealing which I don't have to worry about

• 5 weeks later...

I don't enjoy being drunk or being around drunk people but I occasionally drink real ales because I like the taste and like to try different varieties. I haven't had one since going vegan so I'm not sure whether they are or not.

Also, I wondered if raw vegans drink alcohol?

I drank a few times when I was about 17 (never got drunk though). I won't drink at all now except a sip of a friends drink to try if it looks extra tasty. I don't enjoy it, and I hate the thought of how it affects my health. It doesn't bother me if other people drink, I just prefer not to be around them because I always feel out of place.