Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: VeganResistance's lifestyle diary.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:00 am 
Rabbit

Yesterday,
7ish hours sleep.
Worked an 8.5 hour day abseiling. carried 200m of rope around on my back, and other lifting. Did some dips on some handrails.
After work ran about 10km including to the top of Mt Eden.

Food:
Breakfast: fruit salad with nuts and seeds.
Lunch: Banana, some hummus, an oaty bar (had a some tum)
Dinner: Black bean chili, brown rice, some fresh leafy greens.
Snacks: Banana, banana smoothie with some LSA, a red bean paste cookie, iskate

Today:
7ish hours sleep.
Worked a 9 hour day, painting.
After work, Pullups-4 Chinups-4 Wide grip pullups-4

Food:
Breakfast: fruit salad with nuts and seeds
Lunch: banana, left over chili, rice and greens, apple.
Dinner: a little left over chili and some pasta sauce (which had black beans in it also, my flatmate made this one, must be the black bean season) with wholegrain pasta. and avocado.

Not going to name my pullup workouts as Armstrong anymore as although I am following the general pattern, I have diverged from being on this program.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:22 am 
Rabbit

Today:
Worked, so a bit of physical activity there.
Chinups: 9-7-6

So not much recently. Can see improvement tho. Work is quite a lot of physical work, and I had a week of a very sore tum, where I lost some size and strength (I'm off the gluten again now)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:59 pm 
Rabbit

Today worked, lots of arm work :)

After work pullups: 8-6-4 (did a set of 9 chinups when I first walked in the door also.)

Might be starting kickboxing tonight, just waiting on a call back, otherwise it'll be next week.

In other news, been training a little with a friend who does MMA, haven been going to Gymnsatics as my ex was starting there and I didn't want to be there also so just let her have it. Lots of work, haven't run recently as my running partner keeps canceling on me. And just keeping up with some pullups and chinups.

Will be putting up my karate boxing bag this weekend :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:26 am 
Rabbit

Pullups - 9-5-4 - after a 10.5 hour work day waterblasting. (to be fair I only really worked 8 of those hours.)

Start at the gym on Nov 20th :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:33 am 
Gorilla

VeganResistance wrote:
Start at the gym on Nov 20th :D

YES! :supz:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:42 pm 
Rabbit

Today I got to 10 pullups! Yes! 10-6-6.

Feels so good to reach that goal. Wonder how long before I hit 20, but 15 is the next aim :D

Will switch to chinups on Sunday and will be interesting to see what I can get to there.

Lookin' forward to the gym :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:53 am 
Gorilla

what can I say? keep that spirit, and the sky will be your limit! :supz:
I was close to 10, and then I've put on 5 kg of bodymass lately, so I have to try harder.... excuses, excuses.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:25 pm 
Rabbit

Had my first session at the gym on Monday. Logged what I did, but it's not on me right now.

I really learned a lesson about stretching though!

I ran there for my warm up (around 4km)
Got into my training - a few machines, finished with some bicep curls and deadlifts.
Went to jog home, and I think it was the deadlifts that prevented that one... So I enjoyed a lovely walk home in the afternoon sun.
Didn't stretch (I originally planned to once home after my jog, but after walking had cooled down and just got home and got into other things)
Yesterday I felt it.
Last night I felt wiped out.
During the night I kept waking, felt uncomfortable, woke feeling groggy. Called in sick (not what i want to do when unpaid xmas break is coming up).

So this morning I got into some good yoga. During Uttanasana I could at first only just get my hands below my knees (usually I can have my hands flat on the ground with my legs straight). After 20 minutes I felt great again.

Also, I ate some chocolate, chocolate ice-cream and sorbet last night. Probably didn't help with the sleep. And I didn't have a fresh vege salad yesterday. naughty.

SO, I must try to avoid sugar, keep up my Yoga, STRETCH after workouts, and eat more fresh raw veg (I still eat heaps of raw fruit, nuts, seeds).

Back to the gym this afternoon :) Looking forward to my session with a P.T as I want to get more into free weights but don't know what to do at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:37 am 
Rabbit

Sweet, today I had a session with a personal trainer, and was good. When I start on my new program early next week (going away for the weekend) I'll post some figures and start logging my progress here.

Feeling GOOD :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:46 am 
Rabbit

Gym time! :)

When using their machines, the plates are just numbered, I believe they're 5kg plates though so here are the weights that I believe I'm moving.

Also, the PT I saw said that for the first set I should do 8 reps (as a warm up), followed by two more longer sets sets. Once I get to 17 reps on the weight I move it up a notch. Opinions on this training method?

Still sussing out my weights.

Seated Row: 35kg: 6/12/10 - 10-15-12 11/12/10 8-15-12
Squat: 2x10kg dumbells: 11/12/10 10-17-20
Lat pulldown: 50kg: 6/12/10 - 8-12-10 7/12/10 8-12-10
Bench Press: 6/12/10 25kgx10, 25kgx17 35kgx10 11/12/10 35kg 8-10-10
Dips: body weight 6/12/10 6-5-5 11/12/10 8-5-5 (didn't quite make the 5th)

Body weight ~68kgy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:53 am 
Rabbit

I was sick for a couple of weeks before xmas, then went on holiday (so much time in a car- YUK!) but got in some running cycling and gym, and now for the last couple of weeks I haven't even been able to do a single pressup because of a horrible pain in my right shoulder.... And I was seeing good improvement in my gym program :(

Off to the Doctor in Two days....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:48 am 
Rabbit

Verdict is nothing major in the shoulder, probably just pushed it too hard, making the original strain worse. Acupuncture in a week, might get to the gym tomorrow.

Yesterday managed to get out 3 sets of pullups pretty well: 9-7-6

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:04 am 
Gorilla

get well! Don't push yourself, take it easy, because healthy shoulder is one of the most important body-parts for exercising.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:39 am 
Rabbit

I am BACK!

So late year I managed to injure my shoulder somehow, and have since been through Acupuncture, Osteopathy, rest and therapeutic massage. I am now a big fan of osteopathy.

During all this I pretty much have not worked out much at all, except for my job - which is thankfully quite physical. But in the last couple of weeks have really gotten back into it - and feel GREAT!

I have been on a good long run once a week, doing yoga approximately every other day, eating well, kum nye on the mornings when I have the time, and strength based workouts almost every day.

So it is great to be back, I love this place, and love feeling fit and healthy.

Now off to start a new Progress Pics thread.

Oh and a few days ago I started a FaceBook group 'Vegan Fitness Auckland' which has been received really enthusiastically!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:06 am 
Rabbit

OK, I have generally not been recording my workouts, but i really shoudl if I want to track my progress. here's a few bits:

Wednesday: 10.12km run - 52m:37s - 5:10min/km
Thursday: A workout that I didn't log
Friday: A short but brisk bike ride. Later on intervals of 6x 30s sets of 3x exercises: commando pushups, squat and push kick, single knee tuck.
Saturday (Today) AM: Kum Nye ~20 mins. PM: Pullups (mid grip): 6-4-4 This first 6 was very nearly 7 but I just couldn't pull myself up on that 7th one.

Pretty happy with my eating. Lots of whole grains, fruits, nuts, lentils, steamed veges, fresh vege salads.

Been making a milkshake after workouts: Soy milk, banana, tahini, soy yoghurt, ground flax seed, cinnamon, nutmeg.

It feels really good getting back into better shape.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next