Hayley's adventures in O-town

Almost forgot to tell everyone my close encounters with a fire breathing dragon at Hogwarts School of Magic.

Got to Universal about 1pm, big crowds, no idea why, except that the next Harry Potter movie is out later this month. Anyway went on a mini roller coaster and got to see Hagrids house, which was cool. Then waited in line for I'd say an hour to go on the castle ride, which is basically an indoor roller coaster, but it doesn't go upside down. So we go past the talking pictures, Dumbledore, Harry and co, and get seated. Way to go, or not. half a minute into ride we stop!

And wait! And then we go again for 2 seconds and stop again!

Then the lights come on, and I hear machines shutting down, and a faint recording maybe of a womans voice explaining there is a technical difficulty. Meanwhile I am not a major fan of roller coasters, so I am not too thrilled to be sitting slightly forward in my seat looking down 40-50 feet to the floor. Oh and the only thing that is working is the fire breathing dragon puffing steams of smoke at us. One of the people I came with says my socks are getting wet! lol. I can laugh now but at the time I was just thinking of getting back to solid ground. I can't even imagine what I would have been like if this had happened on the Mummy Coaster, which is a lost faster, steeper, and more dangerous.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Still pretty busy these days. I will be in Illinois next Monday and Tuesday to check out a private liberal arts college. If I end up there I will probably have to start supporting veganessentials.com a lot because I don't think there are a lot of choices for a vegan in that area. On weekends I could possibly go to St. Louis which is about 35 miles South and check the city out for vegan food. Anyway that is one reason I am checking out the campus next week.

Then I get back, and have jury duty the next morning. So I don't know how much exercise i will get next week, which means I have to be good when it comes to food.

• 2 weeks later...

My trip to Illinois and the college campus went pretty well. I was able to eat a variety of foods, and their salad bar is pretty awesome.

Thanksgiving got off to somewhat of a rocky start. My family got our order in at Whole Foods for vegan stuffing, gravy, and pumpkin pie in time. But when my brother went to pick it up we found out someone had taken our pumpkin pie! Who steals someone elses pie on Thanksgiving? Thats just low! Well to make a long story short we had no pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving, but the store manager gave us 2 free apple pies, and a gift card for our troubles. The missing pie had almost ruined our meal, and one employee kept lying over the phone to us about our order being complete. We also tried Field Roast for the first time, and I liked it more than Tofurkey. Other than that not much going on, just waiting to hear from the college. Oh last week I had jury duty for the first time, it was actually a very interesting process. My brothers girlfriend had to be at work at 6am this morning, and my brother had the only vehicle so here I am sitting at StarBucks after I walked with her at 530am. Finally getting back online after a week without using the internet, except for tweeting from my phone.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, everything has changed again! I will not be starting college in January. The college I want to go to wants me to take some core classes at a community college, and take the SAT before I come. I understand why, but also know that a lot can and will happen in the next year. This at least frees me up to go on the vegan cruise if I can get the money together in time. Other than that I will try to enjoy the holiday season with my family, and will temporarily put my college plans aside.

• 2 weeks later...

Meeting up with lots of friends this past week. Almost everyone is at least vegetarian, except for one that continues to love his steak. But at least there is a mutual respect between us, we just don't go there.

Today I gave a stocking filled with vegan goodness to a friend. She has had a hard time going vegan, and I am probably her biggest, and only support system. Of course I had Robert's book, and Veg News. She had looked at Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness but didn't buy it at Veg Fest. So I got her an autographed copy! She was also surprised about Bob Harper being vegan, so was my other meat eater friend. Besides that I gave her an assortment of vegan cookies, 2 cans of Zevia, and an Endangered Species chocolate bar. Will be doing my best to keeping in touch and supporting her as she makes the transition, she is getting there.

Also the drama of the week is my brothers ex is demanding the kids for the holiday. The short version is my brothers lawyer got a judge to sign a motion to go back to court, and no visitation before. The reason being the girls are not safe with the mother, and everyone knows this. But the mother is a spoiled brat, and used to getting her own way, end of story. Anyway she is demanding the kids, and this is making for a lovely start to the week before Christmas.

OK drama over, time for Downtown Disney! A friend of mine works on their property and lets just say she let me use her discount. So my mom, a family friend and I spent the day at DTD. It was fun, and Mickey Mouse took plenty of money from my bank account! Found a place where I got a vegan wrap, vegetables, black beans, with oil and vinegar. Then we asked the bakery if they had anything vegan. I didn't believe it when she said everything was vegan. Found out she'd only been opened a month there at Downtown Disney, and at first when she had tons of vegan signs no one bought anything. She took most down and now she is selling lots more. I guess everyone thinks vegan stuff is tasteless, I just don't get it. Anyway I got a chocolate/banana cupcake top, and a mint chocolate cupcake. Pretty good, not too much sugar either. The place was called babycupcakes or something like that.

As usual I have nothing on the agenda for New Years eve, except watching someones kids. Time to get back on track diet wise, have eaten way too much vegan baked goods this month. Must stop the insanity! Once Christmas gets here I am so ready for the holidays to be over and done with. Writing down my plans for college, and other plans for next year in a journal. A friend is being tough on me to make decisions, which is exactly what I need.

Main plans for next year are to start at a community college, go on vegan cruise, save money, move out again, and possibly get a car. I would also like to find a guy, but this is proving to be more difficult and harder than everything else. Maybe a guy really will just fall into my lap. Anyway those are my definite plans, time to make it happen!