Blending Nuts- Ok?

blacknwhite5783

Hey,

I'm thinking of having more nuts in my diet- cashew or almond. But I'm kind of lazy to munch through so many. So, I thought of blending them. Is this ok? I don't think I'll loose any nutrients, right? I assume I can eat them straight from the blender? This will be for breakfast, after I've taken my bread.

I know there are nut spreads but they are pricey where I am [Malaysia].

Thanks.

Walnut meal and almond meal are purchasable if your concerned about your blenders health, and actually cheaper than purchasing the nuts and blending them.

I like to add my almond meal to homemade hummus.

Never roast your nuts (except for cashews) though. The heat transforms them into fats that have been linked to cancer and high levels of LDL cholesterol. Add calcium supplements to this equation and you're not doing your arteries any favours.

Walnuts and Almonds and Macademia are the best nuts and ground flax seeds, for their levels of omega fats and high levels of monounsaturated fats(almonds and mac).

I put Flax Seeds & Almonds in my smoothies and there's no problem.

Ditto.

If you start with a cup of water and 20 to 25 almonds in the blender, you can make your own thick almond milk as a base for your smoothie. Then, just add fruit, etc. with more water to get the consistency where you want it. If you add the nuts last, they will not break up completely and you'll get crunchy chunks in your smoothie. Unless you like that sort of thing. :wink:

Baby Herc