Hey all! Have no fear I'm still here! ha-ha
I'm still tracking every move, bite and chug of water in the journal I carry with me everywhere but I haven't logged onto the forums in a few days. But I'll be back with my daily recaps starting now! In a couple days i'll be exactly 6 months out from my competition, so even though I've been training for the last month, I'm taking things a little bit more seriously. It's kind of like the last month has been a warm up and now it's game time!
In other exciting news, I've dropped a jean size so I figured I must be doing something right!
Yesterday was a leg day and it was rough, I'm not going to lie. I did legs on Friday too and was already sore going into the workout yesterday. Lots of squats, lunges and single leg dead-lifts; I've been walking funny all day! My poor hamstrings...definitely throwing in some yoga this week.
I'm heading to the gym now (since I slept in this morning...boo) so I'll do a proper recap later.
As far as my meals go, it's still a learning process for me. My meals have been the same for days now and not having a kitchen is becoming a little difficult.
I'm switched out my usual breakfast of oats for a nice warm bowl of breakfast quinoa.
A. I can cook them in my slow cooker overnight and B. It's more of a complete protein and I think I'll benefit nutritionally, especially with some Vega Sport Protein in vanilla thrown in there...so delicious.
Now that it's game time here are my goals I'm focusing on:
1. Consistent morning workouts, no snooze button at 5:00am(I really dislike the evening gym crowd at my gym. Will only go at night if I need to get in additional cardio).
2. Better meal planning, even without the kitchen.
3. Drink a gallon of water every day.
4. Take vitamins consistently
5. No more treats (lately the last few days, I've allowed more treats than I should. Need to refocus)
Time to sweat!