Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: No More Excuses Journal!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:43 am 
Elephant

The only one that is vegan that I know of is the cinnamon pecan. The vanilla has honey, the blueberry has red 40, and I'm not sure of the rest. The strawberry might be alright, and I have not checked the original or the one with extra protein.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:34 pm 
Elephant

Ran today! :o Not very far but it was a run and it was cold.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:29 pm 
Elephant

Today I took a one hour beginners yoga class. I also survived all the weird positions! It was a very basic class, which was good. Most of the positions were downward dogs, various warrior poses, cat, dolphin, and pigeon poses. Like I said pretty simple, but I got a good stretch going in my quads. Not about to mention my diet, I am not happy with my weight!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:25 pm 
Elephant

I finally managed to get a picture up. BTW I am not spiderman, lol!

Today I got back at it at the gym! Yeah!!!! I did my Step workout for cardio, and then an hour later I did a Body Pump class. I didn't realize that the yoga yesterday worked my deltoids so much until I tried lifting the barbell overhead. I guess it was the downward dogs, and all the stretching and reaching in yoga that got my shoulders.
Body Pump was very good/hard. I was pleased that I could still do squats with a 50lb barbell, for like over five minutes. I almost got through the chest track without going to failure, almost! The back and shoulder tracks were probably the most excruciating for me. The clean and presses, and overhead shoulder presses were brutal! That about sums up my workout today. I am still not happy with what the scale says I weigh, but I am hoping that some of it might be added muscle from the past month of lifting more weight. But I don't know if I did enough workouts for that to be the case. Tomorrow I am running in the morning, and if I can I will go back to the gym in the afternoon for a spinning class.
Breakfast 8am- smoothie with berries, bananas, smoothie infusion, orange juice
Snack 12pm- cinnamon oatmeal squares/water- at gym before Step
snack 2pm- banana, oatmeal squares, water- at gym betweeen workouts
Late lunch- 430pm- 2 burritos
will probably have cereal, or toast and tea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:03 am 
Site Admin

Body Pump Rocks!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:21 pm 
Elephant

Ran on a treadmill because I didn't want to dodge the lightning bolts outside!!
At about 845 am I got to the Y and after 15 minutes found an unused unbroken and semi clean treadmill! I know I was asking for a lot! Anyway the workout was purely boring, but I did have a little sweat going by the end. I managed 20 minutes before I was so uninterested in the workout that I had to end it.
820am- banana
930am- free coffee at the Y don't ask how it tasted it was free!, and also ate a lemon zest luna bar
11am- coffee that was actually drinkable
(didn't get a chance to eat lunch)
2pm- banana
445pm- handful of nuts
about to have a Gardein chicken cutlet, italian beans, and brown rice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:28 pm 
Elephant

Step @ 5:30 P.M.
Body Pump @ 6:30 P.M.
I figure if I post my workout before I do it I have no choice but to endure the whole workout. If I don't and I update my blog then I look completely lazy and pathetic!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:46 pm 
Elephant

I think I hit a new level in my workout last night. Or at least I am back at a very high intensity during my workouts. Lets just say the endorphins from exercising felt great, and my muscles felt like jelly by the end. :D
Rest day today, tomorrow will probably be running and the weight room.
Breakfast-8am- smoothie- bananas, berries, orange juice, water, smoothie infusion
9am- coffee, Clif bar- mint chocolate
230pm- black bean soup Dr. Mcdougall brand, water

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:28 pm 
Elephant

Went to the gym after I ate a vegan scone, and cup of coffee. I know, not the best choice etc, etc, etc!
Run was around 3.5 miles I think and took me about 45 minutes I'm guessing.
Rested for 15 minutes, and then got to the weights, which were 3 sets 8 reps each except the last exercise.
pulldowns- 60lbs
tricep press down- 30lbs
seated cable row- 50lbs
tricep kickbacks- 12lb db
dead lifts- 20lb db
dips- bodyweight off bench
deadrows- 20lb db, switched to barbell because dumbbells were too clunky
tricep press12lb db, 10 reps each set

After that I used the Roman Chair and did about 50 assorted leg lifts
After my workout I walked about a mile to meet my mom.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:25 pm 
Elephant

Friday- rest day
Saturday- Zumba- My mom made me stand in the front row! I feel bad for the people in the back looking at me thinking that just because I was in the front row it meant I knew what I was doing. Because I didn't, but I could see the instructor and got more of the moves. But every time he came over in my direction I messed up. I will continue to stand in the front rowfor Zumba because it felt more fun, and I did work harder.

Sunday- No news here I did Step, and Body Pump as usual. My mom and I made the mistake of weighing ourselves because it said we gained again. I feel so much better though, and more fit and toned than I did when the scale said I was significantly less. Maybe it is all stress, I'm just going to stop weighing myself, and go by my progress at the gym, and the way my clothes fit. The scale is evil anyway! :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:42 pm 
Elephant

OMG!!!! I am so sore today. Went to the gym this morning with my mom and was seriously thinking of just skipping my workout, but did not! After I had a vegan raspberry bar, and some free coffee w/ my soy creamer I went for a run. It was very short, and my abs were very sore while running. It was probably around 2 miles, maybe a bit less. My upper legs, inner thighs are not happy when I walk, I think it was all the lunges that did it.
Later today I am going to Whole Foods, and I am going on a strict diet for the next 2 weeks, I will basically be low carb just to get all the excess sugar out of my system. This should be very interesting because I never have time to make salads, and don't like the kitchen. The only problem I can see is that my energy level will be down because I won't be fueling myself with carbs except for vegetables, it will mostly be protein. I am so happy to be at the gym again, and to be back on track with my workouts. I don't want to have to make them less intense.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:51 pm 
Elephant

Breakfast: 845am- vegan bacon strips, and some almond milk
945am- silk soy yogurt- vanilla, coffee
1pm- vegan chicken patty, hummus, celery, coffee- to stay warm,

530pm- Step
630pm- Body Pump- will probably use lighter weight depending on how much energy I have

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:51 pm 
Elephant

3rd day of a relatively low carb diet for the next 2 weeks. This is what I've been eating/drinking.

Day 1 Monday- 1 1/2 raspberry bars- before I went shopping, Yves burger, hummus, celery, water, 1 1/2 vegan hotdogs, black beans
Day 2 Tuesday- soy yogurt- vanilla, almond milk- unsweet, coffee/ w soy creamer, vegan bacon, celery, hummus, vegan chicken patties, yogurt- vanilla, Gardein chicken meal, herbal tea
Day 3 Wednesday- tofu scrambles w/ vegan cheese and curry powder, coffee, almond milk chocolate, celery, hummus, vegan bacon, water, Gardein chicken cutlets, italian beans, tomato, herbal tea

Forgot to post workout! Went for a very short run, not quite 2 miles, but did try to run faster for parts of it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:59 pm 
Elephant

So far today I have eaten tofu scrambles, a vegan chicken patty, celery, hummus, coffee,

Taking a day off from the gym. I feel like working out, but I need a day off. Tomorrow I plan on going for a long run.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:27 pm 
Elephant

Ran a solid 3 miles this morning, and going back to gym later for weights!

8am- vegan bacon 3 strips
945am- soy yogurt 1 cup, coffee
1230pm- black beans, soy hot dog

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 59  Next