Muscles here I come! Lobsteriffic's Log

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1/11/11:

Went to a 60 min. fitness class after work today. Wow. I could sure tell I've been slacking on the cardio lately. To be perfectly honest, I almost threw up a couple of times. It was a 'bootcamp' style class mixing 10 min. high impact cardio (lots of jumping, etc) with 10 min. strength. The strength stuff was all high rep exercises. I had DOMS in my quads from squats yesterday so this class was kind of painful. As I type this, I'm stiffening up and can barely move! Tomorrow should be fun.

All in all I enjoyed the class, I really like the instructor, she makes the class fun.

tvp meatloaf, 2 apples

protein + water

<>

chickpea quinoa salad, broccoli, satsuma

protein + water

1/14/10:

Wow, I broke my butt doing squats today. Ha. I'm not sure what happened. But after my last set of squats I had a horrible pain in my left glute and I couldn't do things like OHP and deadlifts because I couldn't bend down to pick up the bar. Just did some upper body stuff instead.

Squats:

45x5

65x5

95x5

5 sets of 5 @ 115 lbs

OHP:

45x5 --> too much pain bending down, didn't do another set

DB shoulder press:

15x8

20x8

20x6

Assisted Chins:

80x8

80x8 (fail)

80x4 (fail)

DB Incline Chest Press:

20x8

25x8

25x6

Ha, I'm getting the distinct impression my 'new to the job' grace period has ended and now I'm getting thrown a lot more work. Need to figure out a better work-life balance, it's a work in progress.

1/24/11:

Squats:

45x5

65x5

95x5

115x5

115x5

115x5

125x5

125x5

Bench:

45x5

75x5

75x5

75x5

75x5

75x5

BB Row:

45x5

75x5

75x5

75x5

75x5

75x5

(usually I do 85 lbs, but I wanted to make sure my form was spot on after I was watching some youtube videos)

Assisted Dips:

30x5

30x5

30x5

In the evening I went to the gym in my apartment complex and did an easy 20 min. jog on the treadmill - my first time running since I messed up my knee in the fall, yay!

Don't hate me, but it's unseasonably warm! It was up to 70 degrees this weekend, usually it is in the 50's or so I am told. It was -38 degrees back home. I'm pretty sure moving here was the best decision I've ever made and I will cry if I ever have to move somewhere with winter again.

Ugh, snow is so annoying.

1/25/2011:

Went to 60 min. bootcamp class. It had a bit of high rep weight stuff, was mostly high-impact cardio (lots of jumping around and what-not). I mainly go because I like the instructor a lot.

1/26/2011:

Squats:

45x5

65x5

95x5

5 sets of 5 @ 125 lbs

OHP: (this sucked)

45x5

65x5

65x4

65x3

65x3

65x3

Deadlift:

65x5

95x5

135x5

Assisted Pull-ups:

70x5

70x3

70x3

(felt really weak on these...)

In the PM went to the apartment complex gym and did 25 min. on the treadmill. Not pushing speed or anything yet. Just trying to get back into the running groove.

Went to 60 min. bootcamp class. It had a bit of high rep weight stuff, was mostly high-impact cardio (lots of jumping around and what-not). I mainly go because I like the instructor a lot.
Oooo is it a boy?

Have you found a place to do real squats yet or are you still playing about with those silly machines?

Oooo is it a boy?

Have you found a place to do real squats yet or are you still playing about with those silly machines?

hahaha, no, it's a girl - I didn't mean LIKE like, just like. She's really funny.

I'm still doing squats in the Jones machine (it's like a Smith, but it can move horizontally as well as vertically). That situation is not going to change anytime soon. I'm just making do with what I have, better than nothing, right?

sweet!

you can totally press eighty

I know! I wish the stupid gym had 2.5 lb plates! The lowest they have is 5 lbs. 85 lbs I can manage for a couple of reps, but then I end up getting stuck under the bar (there's never anyone around, or else I'd just ask for a spot). I think I need to just buy my own 2.5 lb plates and take them with me.

I never have anyone around to spot me either. Since I'm not exactly pressing serious weight, if I fail on the last rep, I just kind of do this weird butt-scoot maneuver and launch the bar forward so it doesn't land on me, and I'm also sitting up and scooting back to get out of the way. It's kind of odd I can manage to do that, yet can't quite bench press that weight yet. And I mean, I'm not throwing a bar and plates across the room, it just ends up on the bench in front of me by a hair. Probably still a bit dangerous, though.

Oooo is it a boy?

hahaha, no, it's a girl - I didn't mean LIKE like, just like. She's really funny.

too funny chewy!

1/27/11:

Wanted to go for a trainer ride but the husband was sleeping in the room where I keep my bike and trainer. So I went to the apartment complex and did some treadmill power walking on a steep incline for 30 min. Didn't want to push it by running two days in a row. I'm aiming for no injuries in 2011!

1/28/11:

Was in a big rush, my day was jam packed with meetings. Didn't really feel like the quality of my workout was that great.

Squats:

45x8

95x5

115x5

4 sets of 5 @ 125 lbs

Bench:

45x5

5 sets of 5 @ 75 lbs (concentrated on full ROM and good form)

BB Row:

45x5

65x5

65x5

65x5

75x5

75x5

Assisted Dips:

3 sets of 5 @ 20 lbs assistance

(ROM on last set was pretty pathetic)