7 Billion People By The End Of 2011

beforewisdom

Blame Octo-mom

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://ll-media.tmz.com/2009/03/04/0304_octomom_exc-1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/04/octomom-birth-tape-coming-soon-for/&usg=__psRmZ16RTjQOFC2UaBFOgFehaos=&h=469&w=490&sz=77&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=ssgmvHXrPq3eMM:&tbnh=147&tbnw=159&prev=/images%3Fq%3Doctomom%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-US%26biw%3D1259%26bih%3D819%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=809&vpy=106&dur=1375&hovh=220&hovw=229&tx=94&ty=95&ei=Zq8nTcq-B4SBlAfmjqGwCA&oei=Zq8nTcq-B4SBlAfmjqGwCA&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0

Blame Octo-mom

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://ll-media.tmz.com/2009/03/04/0304_octomom_exc-1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/04/octomom-birth-tape-coming-soon-for/&usg=__psRmZ16RTjQOFC2UaBFOgFehaos=&h=469&w=490&sz=77&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=ssgmvHXrPq3eMM:&tbnh=147&tbnw=159&prev=/images%3Fq%3Doctomom%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-US%26biw%3D1259%26bih%3D819%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=809&vpy=106&dur=1375&hovh=220&hovw=229&tx=94&ty=95&ei=Zq8nTcq-B4SBlAfmjqGwCA&oei=Zq8nTcq-B4SBlAfmjqGwCA&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0

LOLZ

• 2 weeks later...
Its mostly China and India. Stupid leaders told their people to have more children for War.

That might be true, but it isn't the reason for the current size of the global population.

Poor people have more children because they have higher child mortality rates due to poverty and they have more children so there will be someone to support them when they are old.

The National Geographic enjoys a very good reputation for getting information right. If you haven't, watch the video. It states that the population problem isn't just about raw numbers of people. It is about resource consumption and pollution generation. In other words, Westerners need to cut back on people as well as we use several times more resources.........even when we are conscientious ( it is built into our infrastructure ) than 3rd world people.

Its mostly China and India. Stupid leaders told their people to have more children for War.

That might be true, but it isn't the reason for the current size of the global population.

Poor people have more children because they have higher child mortality rates due to poverty and they have more children so there will be someone to support them when they are old.

The National Geographic enjoys a very good reputation for getting information right. If you haven't, watch the video. It states that the population problem isn't just about raw numbers of people. It is about resource consumption and pollution generation. In other words, Westerners need to cut back on people as well as we use several times more resources.........even when we are conscientious ( it is built into our infrastructure ) than 3rd world people.

People need to keep their legs closed, and their dick in their pants.

The world replacement fertility rate is 2.something children per woman.

If people stuck to no more than 2 kids, the population would eventually stabilize.

If people could just be taught that, that would be HUGE.

You don't have to turn people away by asking them not to breed, just to stop at 2, which I think many people would be happy doing if they learned about all of the issues.

If people want so many kids, they should adopt. It's a better solution, because why bring more children into the world, when there are already children who need homes that are already here. It's not fair to them at all.

The best way to make sure that a positive change never happens in the world is to focus on "shoulds" instead of working with "what is".

- Adoption is extraordinarily expensive and can take years.

- Many people feel compelled, perhaps by instinct, to have some kids of their own.

Given that those two things are never going to go away it is better to accept those things as a reality and work with it by educating people as to why they would want to stop at a maximum of 2 kids, if they want kids.

If people want so many kids, they should adopt. It's a better solution, because why bring more children into the world, when there are already children who need homes that are already here. It's not fair to them at all.

The best way to make sure that a positive change never happens in the world is to focus on "shoulds" instead of working with "what is".

- Adoption is extraordinarily expensive and can take years.

- Many people feel compelled, perhaps by instinct, to have some kids of their own.

Given that those two things are never going to go away it is better to accept those things as a reality and work with it by educating people as to why they would want to stop at a maximum of 2 kids, if they want kids.

Adoption is expensive, but so is having lots of kids. That's why a lot of people end up poor because they're ignorant and think that they can afford it. And second of all there's nothing wrong with adopting. Step parents can be just as loving if not more than biological parents.

This is interesting to me as in Canada certain Conservative politicians talk about how we [Canadians] need to reproduce more, as we are not reproducing at a high enough rate to sustain our population, and we are dependent on immigration (which some Conservative politicians are opposed to). But I suppose Conservatives aren't known for their well-thought out arguments.

This is interesting to me as in Canada certain Conservative politicians talk about how we [Canadians] need to reproduce more, as we are not reproducing at a high enough rate to sustain our population, and we are dependent on immigration (which some Conservative politicians are opposed to). But I suppose Conservatives aren't known for their well-thought out arguments.

Translation: white people aren't breeding enough to keep Canada from turning brown.

Translation: white people aren't breeding enough to keep Canada from turning brown.

Ha, precisely.

Ha, precisely.

I know what you mean. My mom always says, "it's the blacks, hispanics who have tons of kids." When really white people have just as much children. Plus she believes in having tons of children too. She only cares about overpopulation concerns when a different ethnicity is doing it.

I know what you mean. My mom always says, "it's the blacks, hispanics who have tons of kids." When really white people have just as much children. Plus she believes in having tons of children too. She only cares about overpopulation concerns when a different ethnicity is doing it.

It is not a myth.

Those demographics tend to be poor. The poor have more children. For a number of reasons, rational, not rational, good and bad

It is also one of the reasons why adoption is not the universal answer to overpopulation ( aside from those parents WANTING their children ). Call it racist, but people want to adopt babies that look like them. The people who can afford to adopt are white. The majority of the world's orphans or babies put up for adoption because their parents are poor......tend not to be.

It is not a myth.

Those demographics tend to be poor. The poor have more children. For a number of reasons, rational, not rational, good and bad

It is also one of the reasons why adoption is not the universal answer to overpopulation ( aside from those parents WANTING their children ). Call it racist, but people want to adopt babies that look like them. The people who can afford to adopt are white. The majority of the world's orphans or babies put up for adoption because their parents are poor......tend not to be.

There are white people who also live in poverty, who have tons of children, trust me, come to the projects in South Boston. It sickens me.

Overpopulation is a myth. Made up thing. We have resources to feed everyone on this planet. We just need to change the capitalistic system. It is not the overpopulation that makes people hungry, it is the greed of the people who run our societies and own the means of production. We need revolution. Anarchy, yes!