BlueRose's diet/exercise diary of Les Mills Combat!

Restarting as of today, and revamped my diet past two weeks. I have a MUCH more active lifestyle which I owe to my new work commute plus all of the snow shoveling, so I say BRING IT!!

Today is Yoga X, just had my Vega whole meal optimizer and I'm ready to go!

As for the new work commute, I got laid off on 1/5, interview following day with kick ass company, final interview the day after with same kick ass company which they let me know they would hire me to KICK ASS, then I got the official job offer than evening. Fastest and best job search ever! Beer fridge, great location, awesome people to work with, fun project, and it's even a serious pay increase.

Only prob is new schedule, I tend to get back home late but come in a bit later, too. Commute is also chopped in half, takes me 30 min or 45 at most if I go with bus versus commuter rail. I've managed to get my body used to having an extra hour in the morning so will spend it exercising.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Chest and Back from P90X this morning, awesome!! Coupled with the much more active lifestyle due to my commute to and from work, I should be getting into better shape in no time.

If I have time tonight, I'd like to give the Fountain of Youth yoga a shot. It's half the time as Yoga X, so much more convenient.

I'm glad the new scheduling change worked out in your favor as well as the ridiculous amount of snow across the country. That consistency and cool p90x and of course being vegan is a triple win for ya

Thanks! Working on it. Today's workout was the P90Snow, 1.25 hours in all. Boston's buried!!

Today's workout was the P90Snow, 1.25 hours in all. Boston's buried!!

I did the same workout today! The gym and most everywhere else is closed today so I went out and shoveled the front of my house and my neighbors. The snow drifts were about 3 feet deep!

Today's workout was the P90Snow, 1.25 hours in all. Boston's buried!!

I did the same workout today! The gym and most everywhere else is closed today so I went out and shoveled the front of my house and my neighbors. The snow drifts were about 3 feet deep!

Yeah, when your clothes underneath are drenched due to sweat and not the snow, you know it was a gooood workout, lol.

Snow drifts here are as tall as me, and I'm 5'4".

Shoulders and Arms from P90X workout, left out the "bonus" round cause I already was running late, barely made train. Note to self: drink more water before bed, make sure bottle is refilled by bed, I CANNOT get up in the morning if mildly dehydrated. No brain, no energy, no nada.

Had a nice wrap from Au Bon Pain for lunch and infinitely prefer the falafel salads I've been eating at Souper Salad; I actually feel satisfied and have had enough food versus this little wrap that's lots of wrap with a little bit of veggies and a tiny bit of hummus. Am now still hungry.

Nice!

Stay pumped!

Well done. Have a fab weekend too!

Thanks! I took the weekend off, I got some crazy injury to the tendons that connect to my thumb. Heading to a PT that specializes in sports injuries tomorrow to see what they can do for me. It no longer hurts but it's still swollen so I'm taking it easy and being careful on my workouts.

Yesterday was Legs and Back, today was Shoulders and Arms. Skipping Chest and Back until I know I'm okay doing pushups.

Abs/Core Plus this morning, hoping to do Ab Ripper X tonight.

Tomorrow I board a plane, so hoping to work in Fountain of Youth yoga before I have to leave. It would mean getting up pretty early, however!

The place I'm going to has a fitness center and pool, not sure if pool is indoors or not. I'm very used to video routines but try to take what I learn and apply it to fitness rooms and such. Suggestions are welcomed.

• 1 month later...

Changed the title. I just started the 5 day Inferno for Turbo Fire and plan to get into the regular schedule afterward this coming Monday.

I LOVE IT!!! It's just what I was looking for--fun, high energy, and balanced cardio. YESSSS!

Today is day 3 of the 5 day Inferno Turbo Fire program. WHEE! I am going to yoga class first then coming home to do the Turbo Fire exercises.

I really, really, really love this workout program. But wow, am I sore. All over. No joke.

And because I know you must miss my food entries, here's yesterday's:

Breakfast: Two scoops chocolate Vega Whole Meal Optimizer, one banana, one cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and ice in a blender

Lunch: Artichoke and spinach hummus, cucumbers, and a serving of Tofulettes lemon-garlic tofu bites in a Joseph's pita wrap

Snack: 2 long celery stalks with all natural crunchy PB, one small pita with sundried tomato and basil hummus

Dinner: 1 serving veggie casserole, 2 servings of roasted kale chips, and 1 serving of Gardein's chipotle lime crispy tenders

Finished the Inferno program, now onto the regular TF schedule. Tacking on yoga, dancing, and P90X where I can.

Did day 2 of the regular TF program. Also tacked on P90X's Chest & Back workout. So did HIIT 15, Stretch 10, and Chest and Back. Nicely balanced.

Rest day Wednesday (which I now regret at the very least not having done yoga or stretching), last night was TF Fire 30, Stretch 10 and P90X Shoulders and Arms.

Took measurements. Down half an inch on the arms, and another half inch on my waist. I'm amazed about the arms, but I am not just crediting the punches and such in TurboFire but P90X as well. However, I WILL say I'm amazed how much of TF does work out your entire body. I actually was sore in my upper arms and kept wondering why.

Tonight is day five of TF, HIIT 55 and Stretch 10, plus dancing. Woo!

• 3 months later...

Haven't posted here in a bit! I came down with a nasty sinus infection which took me out of my workout routine for a little over a month. Back on track these days, and restarted TurboFire. I have been occasionally tacking on P90X exercises and I use weighted gloves when I work out to the various cardio routines in TF.

I did Core 20, Stretch 40 on Sun and still am feeling it in my abs! Happily in a two piece bathing suit and got to wear a nice pair of short shorts. Never thought I'd be able to wear those.

Happily in a two piece bathing suit and got to wear a nice pair of short shorts. Never thought I'd be able to wear those.

Yay progress! It's a really great benefit of the hard work, so make sure to enjoy it!

Thanks! And yes, progress is the best motivator

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to travel and working late, I redid week two of the program. Almost done with it, then to week 3. After week 3 it's ALL NEW EXERCISES!!

I'm going to try to add on P90X and Brazil Butt Lift exercises on the days when the workouts are less than an hour long. This is of course dependent upon what can be my crazy schedule. I'll be using Chest and Shoulders, and Legs and Back from P90X and from Brazil Butt Lift, High and Tight and Tummy Tuck. Anyone who's done Tummy Tuck knows it even beats the pants off of Ab Ripper X, and that's no lie. It's the most challenging core workout program I've ever done and it's what gave me my ab definition last year for the first time in my life.

I've already been told I look like I lost weight, and I know as of a few weeks ago I was down eight pounds. Ideally, I'd like to lose about 17-22 more, but what will be the indicator will be my clothing. I don't care WHAT the number on the scale says as long as I can fit into all of my clothing. If I'm five pounds higher than I used to be but everything fits, that's muscle baby, and I won't sweat it...no pun intended. XD

Also, I have biceps. Like, defined biceps. I never had that before. My triceps, upper thighs, and glutes still need some more love but that's being an hourglass for you.

Fire 45 EZ on Sat, 55 EZ on Sun. Completely missed Fri's workout due to extreme heat coupled with social plans, I wasn't home until past midnight and working out then is well, kinda crazy.

Today's my fav, Fire 45. I have learned to embrace the air jacks.

Did Brazil Butt Lift's Tummy Tuck and High and Tight the other day, abs are STILL sore...wow.

This morning did TF's Sculpt 30, good workout for shoulders which is what I BADLY needed.

At some point I'll start taking pics again. I'm a long way from where I want to be and up 10 lbs since last summer, and I greatly desire to ditch those plus an additional 5-10. But the inches are coming off and that lovely circle is evident in my abs. Woo.

• 1 month later...

If you’ve ever researched much into the science behind workout systems, you probably know that nutrition plays an extremely important role in recovery and improvement. After all, we don’t get more fit while doing workouts; it is only after the body rebuilds our muscles bigger and stronger that we reap the benefits of our efforts. Studies by the Journal of Exercise Physiology Online have shown that getting the proper mix of nutrients after a workout can greatly aid recovery. Simply put, if you aren’t refueling your body soon after a workout, you probably aren’t appreciating the full rewards of your workout.

While the importance of post-workout nutrition is clear, just what constitutes nutrition is not. The products on the market range from sugary sports drinks with no protein to thick, gritty, awful tasting protein shakes. What is the proper mix of carbs to protein? And what about fat? How about electrolytes? Such questions are hard to answer, since just about everyone you ask will give a different answer. It becomes even more difficult when you’re trying to lose weight, as so many exercisers are. Many shakes and drinks are very high in calories and sugar, and leave users feeling bloated. The ones that aren’t tend to taste pretty bad and lack the necessary nutrients for recovery.