Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Raw vegan journey
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:04 am 
Elephant

liberationstudios wrote:
@ fallen_horse I have a few friends that are professional raw chefs, but my method is more of a just throw whatever I have into the vitamix, and hope its not disgusting. I usually add half a cup of water and the juice of two lemons. I'm sure I'll eventually go back to trying to make things taste as good as possible, but right now I like the simplicity of not caring. My fruit meals always taste good, so if my one salad meal is not so great, I'm still enjoying most of what I eat every day.

Fair enough, I have just been looking for a good salad dressing recipe to use with my salads, IE one that doesn't use a lot of oil. I was thinking something with lemon, nutritional yeast, and flax seeds, but it's all a gamble at this point. I know, nutritional yeast isn't raw, but we can't all be raw foodies!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:13 am 
Elephant

Fallen_Horse wrote:
Fair enough, I have just been looking for a good salad dressing recipe to use with my salads, IE one that doesn't use a lot of oil. I was thinking something with lemon, nutritional yeast, and flax seeds, but it's all a gamble at this point. I know, nutritional yeast isn't raw, but we can't all be raw foodies!

A base for dressing recipe that I like to experiment on is about providing a bit of each taste so the result is full of flavours: squeeze some lemon or lime for sour taste, some hot peppers for spicy taste, Bragg's liquid amino sauce for salty taste, apple cider vinegar, some dates for sweet taste, kale, spinach etc for bitterness, olive oil or some avocado, etc... The salad itself has more possibilities so if the salad has enough flavours no need dressing: corn, sweet peas, peppers, tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, goji berries, strawberries, hemp seeds, pineapple, parsley, romaine lettuce, sprouted fenugreek, alfalfa, rice, etc...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:37 pm 
Stegosaurus

Fallen_Horse wrote:

I used to make a dressing with apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, and dijon mustard. There were some other things in there too, like garlic powder and what-not. I'm foggy on the specifics. But if you like mustard, it was pretty good.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:10 pm 
Gorilla

mmm, raw talk here, nice!
my favorite raw dressing is simple and cheap. Soak shelled sunflower seeds overnight. Drain the soaking water, and rinse seeds 3-5 times again, working the seeds bettween fingers, trying to get rid of the most thin skins that fall of the seeds when soaked. You can also leave the skins on, but they give weird greenish colour.
OK, so once the skins are away, put the seeds in the blender with lots of lemon juice and a little garlic. Blend until smooth, adding some water if necessary. You get something like liquid yoghurt. Put lots of finely chopped dill in it and voila! Great over salads or if you make it without much water, you get a nice dip for veggies.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:19 pm 
Rabbit

Here's a tricep shot. I havent had more than 50 grams of protein in a day for ages and my body is really responding. Yes, I'm naked.

Attachments:
tricep2.jpg
tricep2.jpg [ 68.61 KiB | Viewed 3330 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:58 am 
Site Admin

Booyaka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:56 am 
Gorilla

looking good!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:07 pm 
Rabbit

abs peeking out a bit

Attachments:
tricep1.jpg
tricep1.jpg [ 93.69 KiB | Viewed 3303 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:45 pm 
Rabbit

Awesome work! Love triceps :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:35 pm 
Elephant

Yo liberation, how's it going?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:13 am 
Rabbit

Hey Horse, went to florida for a couple months and only did cardio. Leaned up a bit. I'm ready to put some bulk on this spring!

Attachments:
front6.jpg
front6.jpg [ 148.39 KiB | Viewed 3221 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:45 am 
Gorilla

Still on 811? Saw your new pics and I was just wondering this... Any changes in diet? You look great. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:40 am 
Rabbit

Thank you! While I was in Florida I was actually closer to 90/5/5 and I loved the way I felt. Best runs of my life. I've stopped all oils. Still do some hemp seeds and a brazil nut a couple times a week. I've bumped up my calories to 4000+ on workout days. Lots of bananas and citrus. I'm torn, I really like running with my current physique, but i'm also curious about how much I can bulk up. We'll see what happens!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:26 am 
Elephant

RawSoul wrote:
I'm trying to do the Raw Vegan bodybuilding route, I haven't started (or ever eaten raw)
Can you give me tips? How many meals do you eat a day? Do you aim for protein ratios or do
you just go for it?

p.s. you look goooood!

Lean and green did a bodybuilding competition raw. Here is his journal.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9693

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:13 pm 
Rabbit

Here is a snapshot of what i'll be eating today. I highly recommend cron-o-meter, it's free.

Attachments:
crono.jpg
crono.jpg [ 133.47 KiB | Viewed 3207 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next