Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: +-
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:16 pm 
Rabbit

Monday 7th February - shoulders & Legs

Feeling really lethargic, didn't sleep well last night, real struggle to motivate myself, opted for machine work mostly.

Running treadmill
1 mile / 6:28 mins / 155 cals
-- So closer to my PB of 6:26

Machine shoulder press - 3 sets
105kg/19reps 105kg/15reps 105kg/11reps

Barbell front raise - 2 sets
40kg/15reps 40kg/13reps

Machine lateral raise - 1 arm - 3 sets
30kg/16reps 30kg/15reps 30kg/14reps
-- Haven't done these for ages, felt hard

Machine rear delts - 3 sets
40kg/19reps 40kg/16reps 40kg/15reps

Cable upright rows - 3 sets
67.5kg/19reps 67.5kg/16reps 67.5kg/14reps

Squats - 3 sets
100kg/15reps 100kg/13reps 100kg/11reps
-- Feels good doing these for reps

Reverse leg curls - 2 sets
52.5kg/20reps 52.5kg/17reps

Donkey calf raise - 3 sets
112.5kg/18reps 112.5kg/16reps 112.5kg/14reps

Swimming
10 lengths

To Finish off
5 mins hydropool
10 mins in Sauna

Most atheists see themselves as realists - their atheism is a part of their willingness to square up to the world as it is and face it without recourse to superstition or comforting fictions about a life to come or a benevolent power looking after us.

Last edited by johnboy74 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:34 pm 
Rabbit

Wednesday 9th February - Back, Hips & Triceps

Running treadmill - warm up the body
1 mile / 6:25 mins / 154 cals
-- FInally got a PB on my running

Cable underhand pulldown - 3 sets
105kg/15reps 105kg/13reps 105kg/11reps

Chinups - 3 sets
16 14 11
-- Felt tough after going pulldowns

Machine barbell cable rows - 3 sets
75kg/18reps 75kg/17reps 75kg/15reps
-- Really liking these, good alternative to barbell rows

Machine pullovers - 3 sets
97.5kg/20reps 97.5kg/16reps 97.5kg/14reps
-- up weight when I do these again

Barbell shrugs - 3 sets
120kg/18reps 120kg/17reps 120kg/15reps
-- 130 next week

Seated ezbar tricep extension - 3 sets
45kg/17reps 45kg/14reps 45kg/12reps

Dumbell tricep extensions - 2 sets
17.5kg/14reps 17.5kg/12reps

Deadlifts - 2 sets
120kg/12reps 120kg/9reps

Swimming
10 lengths

To Finish
5 mins in Hydropool
10 mins in Sauna

Most atheists see themselves as realists - their atheism is a part of their willingness to square up to the world as it is and face it without recourse to superstition or comforting fictions about a life to come or a benevolent power looking after us.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:25 am 
Rabbit

Saturday 19th February - Cognitive Exercise

Been meaning to read this for a while, finally got round to it.

I enjoyed the piece about Socrates and how his thinking went against societies norms, highlighting that common held beliefs don't make those beliefs true. Obviously these beliefs cost him, his life, but look now revered the legacy of Socrates has been over the centuries! Also How we should really think for ourselves and not be force fed ways of thinking about the world around us.

I enjoyed the Chapters that dealt with Schopenhauer, the darkest of philosophical thinkers, never heard of him before this book. His latent misanthropic tendencies was quite amusing to read, obviously a manifestation of severe depression expressed in his very bleak outlook. His misanthropy bringing him close to non human animals in his poodles and his active involvement in animal rights brought a smile to my face. Also Schopenhauer's reflections on relationships, how the person we desire through our subconscious evolutionary self, is a function of our overriding urge to produce healthy children and negates any consideration for a life of happiness with this person. Really makes you think about the power struggle between the subconscious and conscious mind and whether we are truly free to choose?

I also enjoyed the Chapter about Montaigne, highlighting the futility of Philosophy that doesn't have a positive impact on every day living. That Philosophy should be an aid to life not just complex rhetoric that has no relevance to it.

Also Nietsche, the idea of positive and negative, the interplay of both experiences throughout life creating a fulfilled life. Redirecting and learning from the negative in life.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:28 pm 
Site Admin

Great review!

This stuff sounds great!

I also have an interest in the subject matter and of course, I like your signature.

Thanks for providing some info about that book. Much appreciated. Have an awesome weekend!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:02 am 
Rabbit

robert wrote:
Great review!

This stuff sounds great!

I also have an interest in the subject matter and of course, I like your signature.

Thanks for providing some info about that book. Much appreciated. Have an awesome weekend!

It's worth read Robert, Alain De Botton is a realist thinker and highlights the thoughts of some obscure thinkers.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:04 am 
Rabbit

Sunday 20th February - Fitness

Taken over a week off from training, not by choice, come down with a vomiting & Diarrhea bug... so rest rest rest for me...

Decided over the next couple of months to try free style training in the gym, probably in the vain of circuit training, mainly to get good muscle definition for the summer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:16 pm 
Rabbit

Monday 21st February - shoulders & Legs

Running treadmill
1 mile / 6:45 mins / 155 cals
-- Casual speed, didn't think I was in the mood for pushing myself

Freestyle Mode
27 sets in total targeting shoulders and legs

Swimming
12 lengths

To Finish off
5 mins hydropool
10 mins in Sauna

QUite enjoyed freestyle mode, bit more care free and relaxed, gonna play it by ear, will knock it on the head if i don't feel benefits.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:56 pm 
Rabbit

Monday 21st February - cognitive exercise

Decided to read Stephen Hawkings new book which has been sitting on my bookshelf for a few months. Actually started it last week, but wanted to finish off "Consolations of philosophy".

Wasn't really sure what to expect of this book. I think I imagined an attempt at describing a General Unifying Theory of everything, which he does to a point.

Hawkings is quite philosophical in his new book, reflecting on humanity past and present. I especially appreciated his outlook on religion "Ignorance of nature's ways led people in ancient times to invent gods to lord it over every aspect of human life. There were gods of love and war; of the sun, earth and sky; of the oceans and rivers; of rain and thunderstorms... the effect of cause and effect in nature was invisible to their eyes" highlighting that pre-religion as we know it today, humans saw the forces nature as god itself, sacrificing to it for mercy. Which really does question why humanity has complicated, intellectualised and render other worldly the debt humanity has to nature.

Hawkings talks about Epicurus, Aristotle and The Ionian theories of the period, showing his great admiration for their theorising of a world made from atoms and that the universe is not human centered. Considering the time frame of crica 300BC these are massive leaps of intellectual theorising.

Quite enjoyed his chapter about realism and whether we humans can actually experience reality for what it is? Do our perceptions, out conscious and subconscious minds hinder us from direct experience? Are we really just looking at the world through the lense of a human brain with all it's inherent subjectivity? Can we really know truth?

After the philosophical dabbling which was nice to see mr hawkings considering, I suppose in a more holistic outlook on our reality. He talks about new theoretical ideas being explored by eminent scientists. Mtheory, which is as close as we're going to get to a single unified theory except it's not a single unified theory but a network of theories working together. Which makes alot of sense when you think about it.

Won't go on anymore... Lots of other interesting topics covered.... buy it if an holistic view of reality is your bag...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:32 pm 
Rabbit

Wednesday 23rd February - Back & Triceps

Running treadmill
1 mile / 6:42 mins / 155 cals
-- Casual speed

Freestyle Mode
24 sets in total targeting Back & Triceps

Swimming
10 lengths

To Finish off
5 mins hydropool
10 mins in Sauna

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:32 pm 
Rabbit

Put off gym today so I can go tomorrow with my bro...

Got me a pole today :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:37 pm 
Stegosaurus

That's a lot of bikes!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:52 pm 
Rabbit

lobsteriffic wrote:
That's a lot of bikes!

A bike for every occasion :)
Not that i've done that much biking lately :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:53 pm 
Rabbit

Saturday 26th February - Chest, Arms and the dreaded Abs

Finished my first week of freestyle lifting, not sure whether its a sticker, just trying to add variety and spontaneity to fitness.

Running Treadmill - Warm up the body
1 mile

Weights
Freestyle lifting with my bro, 29 sets over over 10 exercises, was tired after it all.

To finish off
Mega wind down session
15 minutes in hydropool
25 minutes in sauna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:44 pm 
Rabbit

Monday 28th February - shoulders & Legs

Running treadmill
1 mile / 6:40 mins / 155 cals
-- Not really pushing myself at the minute.

Freestyle Mode
28 sets in total targeting shoulders and legs
-- Only thing I remember is squatting 100kg/17reps

Swimming
10 lengths

To Finish off
5 mins hydropool
10 mins in Sauna

Felt good, not sure I will bother logging while i'm doing freestyle routine...

Think I need to get some earphones so I can listen to some music to get me psyched at gym...

March tomorrow, disillusioned, need to make things happen, try new things, learn new things, might goto manchester and try indoor skiing this weekend...

Headspace: Thoughts of mortality persist...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:26 am 
Stegosaurus

yay! bikes!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next