Just... starting out

I wasn't initially going to post anything-I've been lurking for awhile and have flirted with very brief bouts of weight lifting in the past. I figured that by putting up some "before" pictures here maybe I'd be more likely to feel held accountable.

A little background: vegetarian (mostly vegan) for 4.5 years, vegan for 1 year so far. I've been cycling to work/running errands by (fixed gear-talk about a good way to shape up your quads) bicycle at least a couple-few miles (or more), year-round, 5-7 days a week, for about the past 3.5 years (coupled with longer distance ride on a road bike during the nicer months). The first set of pictures were taken as I was getting into a vegetarian diet but pretty much reflect how I looked prior to that during which I never really got ANY exercise and was also eating a lot of fast food; hamburgers, soda, etc.

Obviously, the combination of bicycle commuting and changing my diet helped me shed weight and tone up. However, I'd like to fill out a little more and pack on some lean muscle. Cycling is a big part of my life, so that's not going to change, and I realize this may make my goals a little more difficult? I'm not interested in looking like a body builder or a really big guy. I'm 5'8" and usually around the 145-150 lb. mark and at most I'd be interested in adding 10-15 lbs muscle (I think? Not even sure what that would really look like). Anyways, I'm just starting a full-body, compound, three times a week routine (with hill sprints thrown in about twice a week when the weather is nice) and trying to eat 3,000 calories a day. As silly as this sounds, I guess maybe what I'm aiming for is how Tobey Maguire looked in that first Spiderman movie, or something similar to that effect: http://www.actorsexposed.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/tobey-maguire-cap-1.jpg

I'm assuming this is a pretty reasonable goal given I'm determined enough to follow through with it. Any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas would be great. Thanks everyone.

beforecompFLATforweb_.thumb.jpg.9adbcc34846b10abbc15ff0427bf87b5.jpg

11_composite.thumb.jpg.94e6be8178243d4dc74c3d551f036a25.jpg