Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: RC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:59 pm 
Rabbit

robert wrote:
Hey! Thanks for asking.

You can get it from lots of vegan stores like http://www.veganessentials.com, http://www.veganproteins.com etc. and they ship to the UK.

You could get it directly from me if you wanted as well. I have a few copies on me. Shipping is flat rate international at $13.95 I believe. I ship all the time, but don't recall if it is $13.45 or $13.95, but I think .95. If you wanted to get it directly fro me I can save you $5 from book cost, charge exact shipping and not extra and send it along with some supplement packets too.

All you have to do is send total via PayPal to robert@veganbodybuilding.com. I'll be traveling again soon for work so all extra funds this week are super helpful too so I appreciate your interest!

If interested, I can sign to you and ship myself. $15+13.95 would be the total. $28.95. I normally charge the full book price at $20 + $14.95 to cover the cost of shipping envelope too, but for someone who reads my journal, happy to save you a bit, since I know it's a lot for shipping.

All the best!

Enjoy reading.

Robert

http://robertcheeke.wordpress.com/

Would be happy to buy it direct from you and add it to my book collection. I've got a paypal account, haven't used it for a while, so just send $28.95 to robert@veganbodybuilding.com and you will get it ok?

Most atheists see themselves as realists - their atheism is a part of their willingness to square up to the world as it is and face it without recourse to superstition or comforting fictions about a life to come or a benevolent power looking after us.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:12 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome!

That would be great!

Yep, it will come right to my account and when processed it should even say something like payment complete to Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness or something along those lines.

Yeah, robert@veganbodybuilding.com on PayPal.

Thanks again!

I'll sign and ship tomorrow :)

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:06 am 
Site Admin

February 21, 2011

I didn't get a lot of sleep last night because I was up late stressing about how I'd figure a few things out. Today I started to figure them out. :) It took a while and took a lot of planning and thinking but I arranged to travel to vegan cruise which I'm already committed to and have already booked, for free by using air miles and sleeping in the airport on an over-night flight. I was 3000 miles short of a free flight so my mother helped me by buying some miles to push me into the free flight zone.

Got my flight miles as a b-day gift from my mom, have some extra miles left over, got an overnight flight so no hotel required, and sold some more books today which helped bring in some funds.

As I started to figure it out, forum member and friend Durianrider posted on my Facebook Page, "Bite off more than you can chew and keep chewing." It resonated with me well since I often, almost always bite off more than I can chew. Last night I almost stopped chewing. I just couldn't find an answer. Not just to my current situation but to my overall theme. Then today I found my answer.

I admitted publicly that I'm addicted to The Pleasure Trap and I decided to take action. I've continued to live beyond my means by seeking pleasure (travel, experiences, events, new places, etc.) even while being aware of it. Today I got in line at a soup kitchen by Food Not Bombs. I stood in line and was served free food in a dish I borrowed from someone when I got there. I just ran out of money and couldn't buy food, so this was a viable option and all vegan. I'll be going to the park to eat dinner every day this week until I go out on the ship. Then I'll continue to evaluate my actions moving forward.

I'm going to start canceling events and try to remove myself from The Pleasure Trap and live much more within my means. I've been living rent-free for a while and still struggle because of my enthusiasm for lots of different things. I'm simply going to have to cut back on the things that eat up my funds and I'll have to work harder and smarter to make more funds to get myself going again.

Today I took the day off from the gym. I could have gone but I've had a bunch of hard workouts in row and I'm cutting back to 4 days a week in the gym for more recovery and resting time. So rest day seemed to fit right in with short on sleep and high stress.

Anyway, back to getting things on track in business, personal and training aspects of life. I've got to be smarter in all aspects.

"Humbling is what it's called" my sister said when I was describing how I thought it was really good for me to go from the spotlight of major festivals to standing in line at Food Not Bombs today to be served free food.

It was really good for me. I've had an interesting up and down year but all of it has helped me evaluate things and is always eye-opening.

Time for some food at my sister's house and then hopefully in bed earlier tonight.

I'm writing a lot of website material right now so I better get back to it.

Training with Mikkei tomorrow night.

Should be great!

RC

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:10 pm 
Rabbit

robert wrote:
Awesome!

That would be great!

Yep, it will come right to my account and when processed it should even say something like payment complete to Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness or something along those lines.

Yeah, robert@veganbodybuilding.com on PayPal.

Thanks again!

I'll sign and ship tomorrow :)

Just done that buddy, let me know you get that ok :D

Most atheists see themselves as realists - their atheism is a part of their willingness to square up to the world as it is and face it without recourse to superstition or comforting fictions about a life to come or a benevolent power looking after us.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:14 pm 
Site Admin

Got it! Signing now and shipping in a few minutes.

Thank YOU!

-Robert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:10 pm 
Elephant

Here are some pic of my backyard peach tree as of the past week. Hope you like:

Valentines Day(last monday):

yesterday:

Today:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:07 am 
Site Admin

February 22, 2011

Octo, nice pics dude!

Really looking forward to visiting again this year. I'll be in Nashville (Summertown) a bunch of times working on book stuff, perhaps as early as mid-April. So I will holla.

I have to be brief again today with my journal, which is fine. It's after 1AM and I really want to get to sleep soon.

Today I worked all day, did a podcast interview, shipped some books and then went out to Food Not Bombs for another free meal. I got 4 bowls of food! And I got a few pieces of bruised fruit to take home and some white carrots. Good score. I'll be back there all week. It was pretty cold. I had 2 pair of socks, shorts with jeans over them, 3 t-shirts and 2 sweatshirts and knit cap and was still super cold. Was outside for 2 hours too and was so cold that when I got back I couldn't type on the computer very well, my fingers just couldn't do it. So I took a shower, warmed up and headed to the gym.

I trained arms today.

1 hour and 20 minutes.

Something like

EZ curl bar preacher curls x 5 sets
EZ curl bar standing curls x 5 sets
Alternating dumbbell bicep curls x 4 sets
Dumbbell hammer curls x 4 sets

Dumbbell kickbacks x 3 sets
Dumbbell skull crushers x 5 sets supersetted by narrow grip dumbbell presses
Dips x 4 sets

A few sets of shoulder exercises in there to warm up too. And a few extra sets of bicep curls.

Just had some food, will have some citrus now and then get to bed.

Night night all.

RC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:02 am 
Site Admin

February 23, 2011

Today I took the day off. I worked and prepared for my vegan-themed cruise coming up this weekend. Pretty excited about it but still lots to do.

It was good to take a full day off for rest too. I'm working on cutting back from 5-6 days a week of training which I've been doing the past 6 1/2 months, down to 4 days a week. I think I can focus more on eating, resting, working, writing and doing other things while still making gains. Perhaps I'll make better gains with more rest. I got super ripped hitting it hard and often but now I'm looking to put on more size and I want a program a little more conducive to that....I type that as I take a bite out of my chocolate chip muffin to add extra fat on me :)

This evening I hung out with my mom back at the house I grew up in, watching American Idol, which she loves and which I get into when I visit :) I worked on writing new website content at the same time while watching some of the performers over the top of my laptop. My sister came over too, also visiting from Portland so the 3 of us hung out for a bit.

Solid rest day. I could use a few more....but when I get on the ship, I'm going to hit it daily. Gotta entertain those spa workers...I used to work in the spa on cruise ships so I'm sure I'll make a few new friends :)

Have a great day everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:11 am 
Site Admin

February 24, 2011

Today I woke up to a beautiful blanket of snow all over the farm at the house I grew up in back in Corvallis, OR. Awesome way to start the day! I haven't seen snow in a while since I moved to LA and FL last year, so it was cool to have a bit of a winter wonderland as we're nearing spring.

My sister and I carpooled back up to Portland.

When I got in town I hammered out a bunch of work promoting Vega online, catching up on emails, eating, and running errands. Shipped out more book postcards too. Anyone else want some? Email robert@veganbodybuilding.com. Let's get the Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness book to the Top 100 on Amazon's Overall Best-Seller List!!!

After I hammered out work I went out to Food Not Bombs for a free meal and hung out with a bunch of cool people there. In fact, another forum member is there each time I go too, as well as some other new friends I've made just this week.

Got my eat on then had to shower to warm up. It was freezing with snow and ice on the ground and I was out there for over an hour and a half at the park tonight. Cold!

Then headed to the gym :) Late night workouts keep me up late. Already after midnight now and I'm still eating, working and attempting to wind down, which make take a while.

Hit shoulders pretty hard today. Did upright rows for consecutive weeks for perhaps the first time in my life! It's just not an exercise I've done much at all, in any way.

Today's workout went like this:

Dumbbell lateral raises x 5 sets
Dumbbell front raises x 5 sets
Dumbbell rear delt raises x 5 sets
Dumbbell overhead press x 10 sets

Dumbbell Shrugs x 10+ sets

EZ curl bar upright rows x 7 sets

Done.

One hour exactly, showered, passed out more book promo cards in the locker room, got my protein drink on and came home to eat food.

I drank Vega pre-workout energy drink before the workout, Vega Sport Protein during the workout, a couple of scoops of Vegan Proteins powder after the workout, some leftovers from Food Not Bombs (potatoes, beets, carrots, kale, etc.), that muffin I mentioned and I'll go back in the kitchen in a minute to pile it on.

I should attempt to sleep soon.

Tossing on some good ol' country music now.

Yeah Buddy.

RC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:48 am 
Site Admin

February 25, 2011

Today was a bit of hectic day, but not too bad and I don't want to focus on that anyway.

I did get a lot of things done and I'm all packed and ready to go. Sleeping in the Dallas airport tomorrow to save money on my flight to FL. I think I have a place lined up next week when I get off the ship too.

It's going to be interesting on the ship. I won't have any funds at all but I committed to this event perhaps before I was financially ready (again stuck in The Pleasure Trap) so I'm going and I'm sure I'll make some amazing contacts which will help get my book to the Top of Amazon in April. I'm taking hundreds of postcards with me, the ship will be stocking my book on their shelves during the Vegan Cruise and I'll be in pretty good shape. I should have a pretty good impact on people. And all you can eat, so for a week I can bulk up for "free" :)

Really looking forward to being back on the ship!

Today it was 28 degrees during the day so I opted not to go to Food Not Bombs for free dinner in the park. I just didn't want to be cold. So I had some peanut butter and bread at my sister's house along with fruit.

I went to the gym and trained. When I got there I wasn't sure what I wanted to train. I wasn't up for a 300-lb decline bench day or heavy chest day. I just hadn't had enough food, was cold and not mentally into it. I didn't want to train legs and be super sore while flying the next 2 days and trying to sleep at the Dallas airport in a chair or on a bench. I had just hit shoulders and arms before that so I figured I'd train back. I actually started with some dumbbell swings to get my legs active and arms going, but it was a lot of shoulder work so I only did about 3 sets there. I also did some jumping jacks to warm up and some light dumbbell raises and then got into it.

For back I did:

Wide grip T-bar rows x 3 or 4 sets
Narrow grip T-bar rows x 3 or 4 sets

One arm dumbbell rows x 6 sets each arm

Dumbbell rows on incline bench x 4 sets

I did one short set of pull-ups by my psoas felt stretched so I stopped after 5 reps. Bummer....this little injury has been around for about a month! No ab training and limited leg training.

I also tossed in about 10 sets of bodyweight squats, 3 or 4 sets of sumo squats with dumbbell, and I did 8 sets of calf raises at the end.

1 hour 15 min workout approx.

Now back at my sister's house for more peanut butter and bread :) Almost midnight, tired, don't want to make any pasta or anything like that. Just more protein, fats and carbs that won't make me have to pee at night and wake me up...then I'm off to bed.

Flying to Dallas tomorrow en route to Ft. Lauderdale.

Looking forward to mentally re-grouping in a new environment. Portland has been great, but too many people know me here and I don't get as much work done as I'd like....but I do get some amazing workouts in, and have some great supporters. That is for sure!!!

Night Night.

Have a pleasant weekend everyone.

RC 2.0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:43 am 
Rabbit

hope the trip goes well! All-you can-eat veganlicous!! Eat it up while it lasts and gain some weight! yeah buddy!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:57 pm 
Rabbit

Liking the log Robert 8)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

February 26, 2011

Thanks guys,

I'm hoping for a great experience too. I know I blog about a lot more than just my workouts, but I think all those other factors impact fitness, health, etc. just as much, if not more.

So I just write about my day and how bodybuilding or fitness fit into it.

No training today. I'm flying to Dallas, TX in a little bit and I wanted a rest day anyway as I cut down to 4 days a week. I'll get back into the gym on Sunday on the ship. :) Weights will be limited, usually only going up to 50's for dumbbells but I can manage by being creative, by doing drop-sets, super-sets, slow reps, etc.

Well, better get myself ready to go.

I might be away from the internet unless it happens to be free on the ship if things have changed since I worked on ships years ago when we had to pay to use it.

If I am indeed away most of the time, I'll record my journal in a word processing file and upload the material later when I get back online.

Have a great weekend/week everyone!

Robert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:00 am 
Rabbit

Got your book buddy, fantastic work! look forward to reading it :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:08 pm 
Elephant

Almost back on dry land!!!Hope you enjoy the last 10 hours of your vegan cruise!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next