Vege's progress

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you considered bulking to get bigger?

I try to bulk, but it is hard when you eat "clean". I reached 80 kg recently (started with 67 kg half year ago) and I wasn't much satisfied, since it was mostly fat, and my goal is not to get bigger at any cost, i want muscles. So, i decided not trying to bulk at all, just to exercise and make small gains little by little, and stay lean. I really enjoyed last week, eating only when I felt like, and predominantly fresh fruit (yes, I am one of those 811 fans ).

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5531/dsc00014fyv.jpg

I was eating predominantly raw fruits and veggies for the last 10 days. Feels great, and I also like the fact I lost some fat, so muscles are popping out a bit

I am starting kettle bell course this week! Yeaaaah!

nice work Vege looking strong - good to read about the Armstrong programme too!

I am thinking about doing Armstrong and 811 this summer, and go to gym maybe 1 a week. Armstrong, combined with some goblet squats and push-ups, along with low fat raw diet is perfect program, I think. At least in summer.

Nice! 811 feels great in the summer!

I joined your Ripped Raw Vegans Facebook page yesterday, and I really have to get back to 811 asap and post some pics of my future ripped body , too! Right now, I occasionally enjoy a day or two on 811, but as soon as some local fresh fruit come on market here, I'll be back. For now I am low fat, but 70-80 % cooked. No oils, just tahini and some nuts.

• 2 weeks later...

thank you, guys

I think back is OK, but front part of the body is not so good I have to make that chest grow! At the moment I have two chest and two shoulders days in the week. It has been couple of weeks since I do not workout my back and legs (partially because I hurt my inner thigh during goblet squats). I discovered that I hit better my pecs when I do dumbbell press instead of bench press. And I started doing Gironda dips - they are great, but I can do only 6 reps (in 5 sets).

I am really mad at my chest, most stubborn muscle group in my body

Sosso, your pictures were actually most inspiring! You really did a great job with your tighs and the rest of the body! My problem is that I get pains in one knee when I do too much squats. I guess Im beginning to get older:) Im 37:)

I do leg extension, leg curl, leg press, seated and standing calf raises

Yeah me too but multidirectional stretching and warm ups have helped me some. I think another problem might be maintaining a proper squating form... since you also need to balance using the same muscle. Or maybe it's just because it's a wide range of motion... in which case we would both benefit from simply pulsing in a low squat position.

Sosso, your pictures were actually most inspiring! You really did a great job with your tighs and the rest of the body! My problem is that I get pains in one knee when I do too much squats. I guess Im beginning to get older:) Im 37:)

I do leg extension, leg curl, leg press, seated and standing calf raises

Yeah me too but multidirectional stretching and warm ups have helped me some. I think another problem might be maintaining a proper squating form... since you also need to balance using the same muscle. Or maybe it's just because it's a wide range of motion... in which case we would both benefit from simply pulsing in a low squat position.

Oh, this is a very old quote

Things are changed now! I only do squats, DL and lunges now! I had pains before because my ligaments or joints were weak. Now I grew stronger and I have no pain in my knees at all. I LOVE SQUATTING NOW!

• 4 weeks later...

I have started running in the morning lately so I expect the fat around the waist to be gone soon

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7766/dsc00049cf.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9395/dsc00012km.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6463/dsc00008xv.jpg

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7648/dsc00015ab.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Looking awesome dude!

thanks, man I am not so excited about my gains, though. When I look at other guys in the gym, many of them made huge progress in one year compared to me. But I guess as vegan, limited food (no money for too much organic tofu, soy milk, quinoa - just old fashioned rice and beans), 38 years old, no supplements, etc. - this is the best you can get

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...