Juicer ?

kckas

My roommate has a Jack LaLanne juicer and he loves making apply juice with it, but I personally prefer a good blender. Just my 2 cents, but I feel that juicers remove too much fiber and too many nutrients. Carrot juice, for example, has lots of vitamins, etc. but also has the same effect on your bloodsugar as drinking a soda does. Eating carrots has a much lower spike in your bloodsugar though, due to your body having to process the fiber from the carrots along with the sugar....

I don't know about that, vegimator, with my juicer the more fibrous fruits/veggies don't yield much juice at all, most of it gets chucked in the fiber bin. I think if you put greens in there, you would not get much of a yield at all.

The juices from a juicer are delicious, but the machine takes a lot of cleaning, and if you're on a tight budget it takes a lot of fruit for a relatively small amount of juice (still, I think its cheaper than buying juices, but the end result doesn't last as long as fiber rich home-made blender juices).

• 1 year later...

I received a Breville Juicer as a gift and I really love it. It is easy to clean because has no screws and only has four parts in disassemble mode. It also comes with a juice recipe book you can try out.

And isn't it blender and juicer a different thing? blender is more into chopping/mixing/crashing fruits and vegetable while juicer is for yielding more juice out of those.

http://brevillejuicer-800jexl.com