Gorilla since completing degree

You have my support, get back in shape!

It is good thing you have more free time now. I personally think that is the most important thing in life - free time (aside from being healthy). No money and success can replace that. And about going to university and not using your degree: imagine me - i studied postgraduate in Germany also (art academy), had their state scholarship, and after I got back home, I was forced to write stupid articles in cheap women's magazines, just to get some money. I still do that, but from home, and I have more free time for my art.

And about exercising during studies - please don't mention that to me... I spent my postgraduate studies doing drugs Very, very, very stupid of me! At least you weren't destroying your body diring studies, like me...

BUT, we learn from our mistakes, and MOVE FORWARD!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorilla

It looks like things are coming together on diet and training. Great! Those fruit and veggies look SO good right now. What I wouldn't give for like 5 bananas right about now. Keep pushing! And keep posting. Pics look good, both of you and the food.

I don't understand - are you following 811, or not? If yes, then I think you should leave avocado salad and other fats for the evening and eat more bananas and fruit during the day, especially after workout. I would drink that orange juice 1 hour before workout, and eat bananas right after workout. I also think your bananas look unripe. This is how ripe banana should look like - very thin skin, and easy to peal. Preferably with some spots.

http://img828.imageshack.us/i/bananau.jpg/

Anyway, raw fruit diet is a good choice, at least from time to time. I am having my hemp milk-bananas-dates shake right now, mmm...

Hey gorilla, how is your progress so far?

I have being in 811 for more then 4 years now, its being the best time in my life and the best results so far as physical and mental performance. But the only side of physical performance that does not improved is strength. I used to do a lot of lifting before, and although i didnt lost muscle, i didnt gained it... do u fell gaining? Like every month lifting heavier and heavier??

• 2 months later...
Hey gorilla, how is your progress so far?

I have being in 811 for more then 4 years now, its being the best time in my life and the best results so far as physical and mental performance. But the only side of physical performance that does not improved is strength. I used to do a lot of lifting before, and although i didnt lost muscle, i didnt gained it... do u fell gaining? Like every month lifting heavier and heavier??

no gains. not saying that it's not possible - in theory it should be, but so far no gains for me no.

Hi gorilla!

You got great lists and menus! and the pics are awesome too. Just wondering are you still tryign to lose weight or are you maintaining it?

Hi. Thanks - yeah it's always good reading through this thread.

Just maintaining for now (154lb)

-that's low enough for me

-141lb is the lowest medical recommendation for my height of 6'1''

-any lower than 141lb is clinically "underweight"

-as I said I can maintain 154lb on about £3 worth of food a day.

-to build up muscle mass would take a bit more food so a bit more money.

--------------------------------

1 pound of MUSCLE added every 6 weeks seems possible. 8 pounds of MUSCLE a year. 56 pounds (4 stone) of MUSCLE in 7 years.

Layne (born 1981) seems to have put on that kind of amount (he talks about cycles of bulking for 4 weeks then cutting for 2 weeks, building 1 pound of muscle mass every 6 weeks):

Dr Layne Norton, PhD in Nutritional Science, drug-free bodybuilder

5’10’’

230lb (16st 6lb) off-season

195lb (13st 13lb) in contest condition

Ph.D.in nutritional science at the University of Illinois (specialization in skeletal muscle protein metabolism)

BS in Biochemistry from Eckerd College

“... just a nerd [!!!] that loves training I guess ... I have a PhD in Nutritional Science and a BS in Biochemistry and I lift competitively as a Pro Powerlifter and I am a Pro Natural Bodybuilder as well with the IFPA and NGA.

I started lifting to improve my confidence, stop other kids from picking on me when I was young, and gain more attention from girls. Over time it grew into something I did because I became passionate about the actual training itself.

I was pretty small at high school (130lbs [9st 4 pounds])

and I got picked on quite a bit ... I decided to take matters into my own hands ...

The summer after my freshman year I started lifting with a set of sand weights in my basement and using a routine from a lifting book I borrowed from the library. Ever since that summer I've never looked back ...

I also along the way made up my mind that I would stay totally natural. I never have and never will take steroids, prohormones, insulin, or growth hormone ..."

---------

And of course we know plenty of strong, muscular VEGAN athletes, I just happened to be looking at some articles on Bodybuilding.com recently ...

----

Yes Jay Cutler won last year's Olympia aged 37 with a weight of 270 pounds (19st 4lb) at a height of 5'9''.

Yes he's huge, yes he eats a lot, lifts a lot, sleeps a lot, uses performance-enhancing drugs.

Off-season 310lb - yeah about 22 stone so pretty much double my weight and I'm 6'1'' ...

I don't need 4 stone extra muscle mass or 8 stone extra muscle mass.

A bit more muscle mass, like 1 stone over the next 14 years would be fine (I'm 26 and 9 months old as I write and post this).

So I'm really not rushing to put on mass again. If I can be 12 stone (168 pounds) and lean at 40 that's fine.

If I stay 11 stone and lean that's fine too.

I think I will put on a little muscle mass and stay lean - I'm getting back on track after the debacle of the last 4 years.

Yes I did get up to about 190lb bulking and I did get my body fat percentage pretty low - I never got it measured but you can see the pics - pretty standard for someone who did that kind of training, that diet, those supplements ...

So yeah I did that, took the pics, got the T-shirt ... but it's back to what I said in the update: what do you want and why?

What's sustainable? What's financially sustainable?

--------------

I've got a fair amount of writing and images that I've been compiling. I'll add them to the blog.

This thread is getting quite long. What I might do is copy the most useful parts, put them onto the blog and then just post on this thread if anyone posts an additional comment/question ...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Hi. I am not new to this forum but left for quite awhile. Long story short, I am trying to become fruitarian. Taking it one day at a time. At any rate, I am vegan right now. How many true fruitarians are there on here? Its hard to find sites that are vegan that don't FREAK out over an all fruit diet. SHEESH.

Is Richard Blackman still around?

Am I allowed to mention other forums on here?

he is not here these days,. He is in mexico running a breatharian group. He is on suprememaster.tv and calls himself Jericho http://www.suprememastertv.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=bmd&wr_id=671

Another almost breatharian.. people can say that even this guy doing THAT much with so little calories is impossible.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/10/11/herschel.fitness.martial.arts/index.html

PS: Calories are skewed. There have been yogis who've lived all life without food at all.