Post your Squat Pics!

robert

RC - I'm gonna try the plate thing. That might be like having oly lifting shoes which i haven't broken down and purchased yet. Might give me a better idea if i want to invest in them.

Maybe a useful way of testing what you would get from a pair of shoes in terms of better angles, but keep in mind that using plates might give you the angles, but it does not give the stability that you get with a good pair of shoes. Also worth remembering is that a pair of weightlifting shoes has a very long life expectancy.

I have trouble with tight calves too. I've been a runner since age six so naturally my calves are one of my stronger body parts... and when I squat, lunge, whatever, it seems to be working my calves more than my thighs and I can't gain muscle in my quads.

Also need to make sure I'm using the proper squat form... for months I had horrible push-up form... I thought I was so strong, doing elevated pushups, one-arm pushups, etc. Then I fixed my form and I'm struggling to do 15 pushups just from my knees.

From what I've understood having your feet straight isn't all that important. The important part is having your knees go to the same direction as your toes and not letting the knees buckle inward at any point.

Personally I can't even keep a narrow stance and my feet pointing straight comfortably while squatting, so I use almost the same stance as he does in the pictures. I don't really know why, but I'm guessing my wide hips make that stance more comfortable.

Thanks for the advice, IRV.

I think it also depends on how your feet point naturally.. as my husband says I "walk like a Japanese girl" (pidgeon toed and my knees go in a bit too) and I know it hurts my knees to point my toes out.