Let's talk about hair!

Saulo

Hey all let's talk about grooming, haircuts (guys post your pics ) and products

I have been using Woody's for a while, it's cruelty free and it cleans really well. I am growing my hair out to look like Morrisey or Jake Gyllenhaal and I'll be in the market for some pomade or gels. I'm sure the entire woody's brand is cruelty-free but I want to check to see if my peeps had any suggestions.

I bought some Yes to Carrots stuff right before I became Vegan. Then one day while showering I realized it had honey in it. I'm not made of money so I am going to finish it up. Shampoo and conditioner lasts me a long time as I only wash my hair every other day. I will be looking for some cruelty free natural stuff soon.

As for grooming, I haven't had a haircut since June of 2010, and I haven't shaved since February. Why, well I quite like my beard, plus I don't like shaving, it's tedious and irritating.

I just use Original Source stuff, it's fairly cheap and the majority of their stuff is vegan - so there's a decent selection.

Lush is too expensive, good on occasion. Their vegan conditioner really really sucks for the price tag.

I used to straighten my hair but they burned out and didn't bother to buy a new pair. Don't use any product in my hair.

At least when my hair looks kinda rough it doesn't look like you've tried to do anything with it and don't need to worry about it getting messed up

I haven't even brushed my hair in 7 or 8 years xD. Also, It's been 10+ years since I had it cut the last time. The most I do is wash it with bar soap then dry it with a towel. My hair is pretty ridiculous though. The whole back part and most of the sides are dreads that go past my belly button and the front part is straight and only ~5 inches past my chin. I look pretty silly mostly xD.

I haven't even brushed my hair in 7 or 8 years xD. Also, It's been 10+ years since I had it cut the last time. The most I do is wash it with bar soap then dry it with a towel. My hair is pretty ridiculous though. The whole back part and most of the sides are dreads that go past my belly button and the front part is straight and only ~5 inches past my chin. I look pretty silly mostly xD.

I finger comb my hair. I haven't used a brush or comb in forever. Saulo, I'll post a picture when I dig my camera out from all my tools and crap.

• 2 months later...

I like to hunt for bargains, but this shampoo is one thing that i will not substitute for. I've tried many brands of shampoos over the years, and I always find that Shielo s my favorite - especially the Shielo Hydrate Shampoo, as my hair feels so much smoother and doesn't have tangles when I use it. I really like its smell, because it's not too strong and it smells fruity. It also is very foamy, which is very important to me. When you're washing your hair, the last thing you want to do is to use a non-foamy shampoo and you feel like you have to use a ton of shampoo and it's not even clean.

And like I mentioned earlier, Shielo Hydrate Shampoo always leaves my hair super soft and smooth, so even if I don't use conditioner, I find that it's really manageable and I really like that. The one downside is that it's a bit more expensive compared to other brands, but I think that for the quality you get, it's definitely worth it.