+-

wanting swim, bike. run and lifting workouts?

I haven't looked at those crossfit websites yet, will hopefully have a look tonight...

I'm looking at breaking up my regular routine with a crossfit type week every 4/6weeks...

What about rowing also? is that fit into crossfit?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday 16th March - Back & Triceps

No feel good factor, did get a good nights sleep for the first time this week.

Running treadmill

1 mile / 6:42 mins / 155 cals

-- felt heavy today

Freestyle Mode

23 sets in total targeting Back & Triceps, plus Deads

-- Highlight, Machine barbell rows 105kg/10reps, lats pumped

Swimming

12 lengths

To Finish off

5 mins hydropool

10 mins in Sauna

I really want to try indoor rock climbing but I'm such a whimp when it comes to heights, I feel like I would get 2 metres up and start freaking out or something.

Go for it!!!

I'm terrified of heights and that's why i'm going climbing, to overcome the fear. Only been twice, on the smaller walls say 7 metre I feel ok but on the larger walls, 14 metre I get above half way and panic, my palms get sweaty so constantly chalking them. But the satisfaction you get when you reach the top is great and one little step forward to overcoming the fear.

I think this motivated me to finally stop talking about wanting to do it and actually make plans to do something about it!

I really want to try indoor rock climbing but I'm such a whimp when it comes to heights, I feel like I would get 2 metres up and start freaking out or something.

Go for it!!!

I'm terrified of heights and that's why i'm going climbing, to overcome the fear. Only been twice, on the smaller walls say 7 metre I feel ok but on the larger walls, 14 metre I get above half way and panic, my palms get sweaty so constantly chalking them. But the satisfaction you get when you reach the top is great and one little step forward to overcoming the fear.

I think this motivated me to finally stop talking about wanting to do it and actually make plans to do something about it!

Seriously you won't regret doing it, and you can do it.

My fear of heights has always been very bad, but this is helping me and seriously it's good fun and very good exercise, your fingers will hurt the first time you do it though.

Friday 18th March - Chest, Arms and the dreaded Abs

Part of my mix it up, mash it up, try anything, max variety way of thinking, went to different gym and did a pre gym session on the beach...

Running On The Beach - For Euphoria

4 mile

-- Glorious day, left work early and drove down to car park on the banks of the Mersey, sun setting as I got back to the car, bliss...

Weights

Freestyle lifting, 28 sets over over 10 exercises...

-- Highlight- Barbell curls 50kg/25reps - 60kg/13reps -- arms are getting strong, wish everything else was

To finish off

5 minutes in hydropool

10 minutes in sauna

Saturday 19th March - Fun, Fun, Fun

Skiing today at CHill Factore in Manchester, amazing place, great way to spend a saturday.

It's not as easy as it looks, struggled towards the end to do turns across the piste, body feels exhausted and surprisingly in -2 I was sweating

http://www.johnwoodward.info/misc/chillfactore_1.jpg

http://www.johnwoodward.info/misc/chillfactore_2.jpg

http://www.johnwoodward.info/misc/chillfactore_3.jpg

http://www.johnwoodward.info/misc/chillfactore_4.jpg

Monday 21st March - shoulders & Legs

No warm up on treadmill today, feet butchered from ski boots on the weekend... also two bald patches on my hairy legs which looks weird

Freestyle Mode

26 sets in total targeting shoulders and legs

Swimming

16 lengths

-- A few extra lengths to make up for no running

To Finish off

5 mins hydropool

10 mins in Sauna

Manchester? You're not a Man U supporter are you?

Are there CrossFit facilities near where you live that you could look into? It's fantastic if you ever decide to get into it. I see you were considering looking it up online. However, I really can't imagine doing the WODs by oneself. I think that would kind of suck, not having other people suffering around you as well

Wednesday 23rd March - Back & Triceps

No running, feet still sore from skiing...

Freestyle Mode

23 sets in total targeting Back & Triceps, plus Deads

-- highlights - Machine Barbell rows 105kg/12reps, Deadlift 180kg at end of workout

Swimming

18 lengths

-- to makeup for no cardio at start

To Finish off

15 mins in Sauna

TrilliumFortnight: your right, it did feel mild, but suffered next day, ice skating, ouch, they wrecked my ankles

lobsteriffic: didn't take those pics, they we're scavenged from the web

Rob PMFF: Whooo Steady on.... I'm from Liverpool and hence a Liverpool Fan.... Just visited Manchester for skiing, made extra sure no manchester united rubbed off on me lol... Yeh Been meaning to look at this crossfit thing, just been busy last couple of weeks...

Can't you do crossfit by yourself then?

Mary says she does?

Yeah, I'm sure lots of people do it alone. The main crossfit website or whatever posts the WOD so that people can do that I think. I probably wouldn't hold myself as accountable with rest periods and such if I weren't with other people doing it, and coaches. Plus a lot can be said of the encouragement you get from the other people in the "class".

And what's with Torres? Did ya'll tell him to not to a damn thing once he got to Chelsea? I was happy the blues were getting him, but talk about anti-climactic.

And what's with Torres? Did ya'll tell him to not to a damn thing once he got to Chelsea? I was happy the blues were getting him, but talk about anti-climactic.

He's been awful, but he was playing awful at Liverpool for some time. Not too keen on Andy Carroll @ £35 million, unproved, big big gamble!

You obviously watch Premier League football in US then!

Friday 25th March - Chest, Arms and the dreaded Abs

No running on the beach today but did go down to the seafront for an stroll and watched the sunset before the gym... holding my own hand it was really romantic lol

Walking On The Beach - For Euphoria

30 minutes

Weights

Freestyle lifting, 28 sets over over 10 exercises...

-- Highlight- Barbell curls 70kg/7reps

To finish off

5 minutes in hydropool

10 minutes in sauna

Off to Brecon Beacons in glorious Wales, early tomorrow morning, back monday afternoon, camping, mountain biking, walking, and weather looks decent too

http://www.johnwoodward.info/misc/brecon_beacons.jpg

Edited by johnboy74